You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen Robben

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Do you think Arjen Robben's contract should be extended?

Yes, extend him ASAP.
55%
Let's wait and see how well he fares.
45%
No, time for him to leave or retire.
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: Arjen Robben

Postby Mircea_1984 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Achilles wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Robben should stay. He has performed well enough.

I disagree, we have to move on even if Robben(and Ribery) perform miracles and we win the treble this year, we have to move on.
Both legends, I love them but we have to move on and they need to realize that too. We as Bayern have been treated them respectfully but we can't continue to do that until they realize that they are getting old and every year they will be worse.

Robben is playing still brilliantly but we all know that if he is in this team, he starts or he explodes like a bomb in the dressing room and press... We have to make some decisions and one of them should be not extending their contracts, organize a huge party on the pitch and off the pitch to celebrate and sincerely thank them for everything they did for our team, a proper goodbye just like Lahm.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!! But the board are to gentle and kind and they will let them remain at Bayern until they will go forwards to 37-38 years.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby OhioFan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Both can still be difference makers in a more limited role. Neither one can or should start a lot of matches but, if their health is managed, can be contributors. They just need to understand that and agree to it. I fear neither one will.
“That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.” (Pope Francis prayer intention for October, 2017)
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Achilles wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Robben should stay. He has performed well enough.

I disagree, we have to move on even if Robben(and Ribery) perform miracles and we win the treble this year, we have to move on.
Both legends, I love them but we have to move on and they need to realize that too. We as Bayern have been treated them respectfully but we can't continue to do that until they realize that they are getting old and every year they will be worse.

Robben is playing still brilliantly but we all know that if he is in this team, he starts or he explodes like a bomb in the dressing room and press... We have to make some decisions and one of them should be not extending their contracts, organize a huge party on the pitch and off the pitch to celebrate and sincerely thank them for everything they did for our team, a proper goodbye just like Lahm.

I agree with you. I want to keep him but that doesn't mean I don't want us to sign a better and younger winger. However having to replace two at the same time is a headache.

I am 100% against Ribery extending because I am sure he will never accept a bench role.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News