You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Antoine Griezmann

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Antoine Griezmann

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:29 pm

aterford wrote:*Puts on tin foil hat*

What if it's all just a play to silence the media speculation ahead of France's WC then Barca triggers his release clause and he ends up a Barca player still

Then he better skips the trip to Wanda Metropolitano next year :lol:

Seems that he is 100% stayin as he is gonna get a big salary + a very good (and expensive) French player to play with
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 pm

From my limited exposure to Griezmann, he seems especially childlike and gullible. I would guess 22 years old not 27.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Antoine Griezmann in Kicker interview: 'The Bundesliga is a very attractive and attacking league'
- Would it suit an attacker like you?
Griezmann: "Yeah, it could be. But I'm very comfortable at Atlético. We have an amazing project. I want to help the club grow & create history"
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Ztoth » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm

According to a source(from the international transfers thrrad) we and ManU are the 2 clubs in The race for him. Well, he IS world class, not some wannabe

Tapatalkkal küldve az én CLT-L29 eszközömről
Ztoth
Getting the hang of it

Postby aterford » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 pm

He's also 28, costs 120m, and currently getting paid about double our highest-paid player.... Just would not make sense for us at all. We'd have the same problems as Atletico, that deal would destroy our wage structure big time
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ztoth » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:22 pm

aterford wrote:He's also 28, costs 120m, and currently getting paid about double our highest-paid player.... Just would not make sense for us at all. We'd have the same problems as Atletico, that deal would destroy our wage structure big time
You miss that point that we can afford to pay more for like all of our players. We have a lot of money, we have the BMW money and we paid back the loan for the Allianz.

Ztoth
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Yes, one has to factor in salary perhaps even more than the transfer fee itself. Getting players like Griezmann is a recipe to breaking your salary structure because other player agents will use that against you in negotiations when a renewal or new signing is due. In essence, we don't afford to get Griezmann even if he was offered to us for free.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Ztoth wrote:
aterford wrote:He's also 28, costs 120m, and currently getting paid about double our highest-paid player.... Just would not make sense for us at all. We'd have the same problems as Atletico, that deal would destroy our wage structure big time
You miss that point that we can afford to pay more for like all of our players. We have a lot of money, we have the BMW money and we paid back the loan for the Allianz.

Even if we did afford to, why would we want to just to get Griezmann? We're not talking Ronaldo or Messi 6 years ago.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:29 pm

**** me he's one of the more irrelevant "big names" of our era, doesn't have the qualities we need and he's been shit stained by Simeone. 120m would be a colossal waste of money, I'd barely spend that on a 28-year-old Hazard who's close enough to peak Robbery.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Ztoth wrote:

Griezmann is not nearly the type of player you'd wanna set that precedent for. Once you make that change you never go back. We destroy our structure to accommodate Griezmann's wages, you're right - we could afford right now to pay all our players a bit more (not convinced we can double all their wages, but...), but once that happens, even long after Griezmann's gone, they're staying at that new elevated level. MAYBE if we had the chance to sign Messi or Ronaldo or Mbappe then you make that change, but for 28-y.o. Griezmann? Come on!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:55 pm

And we do NOT have the BMW money...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:10 am

I don't think it is realistic for two reasons

- Regardless of what he said about Bundesliga, I think Griezmann would only be interested in a move to FC Barcelona
- I really doubt we would be willing to pay his wages

That being said, he is one of the best players in the world for sure and 120M is a total bargain. After all Nicolas Pepe could cost us 80 and he is not half the player Antoine is

Griezmann is a big game player, Top 3 Ballon d'Or twice in the last three seasons, World Cup Champion, Euro 2016 runner up, best player and top scorer... he's won the Europa League and has reached the CL final with Atletico as well

He can play anywhere in attack as he is one of the most intelligent players and a hard worker, and he is amongst the top scorers every year in La Liga and finds the back of the net quite frequently in CL as well

It would be a huge statement and an immediate performer. Just imagine 200M for a Griezmann - Lucas pack :shock: =P~ :oops: =D> but nah, Antoine Griezmann is sadly not joining us in summer
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:06 am

Just imagine 200M for a Griezmann - Lucas pack :shock: =P~ :oops: =D> but nah, Antoine [-o<
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:07 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:18 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News