You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Antoine Griezmann

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Antoine Griezmann

Postby Pelin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 pm

No logic in signing him. Also that quote of Brazzo is pure fabrication. A quote like that doesn't exist.

Though his pace and finishing came in handy for us, our first priority must be a winger to replace Ribery in wing rotation.

We have James and Müller for trequartista. No need to move Müller out of his best position to a position where he underperforms. No need to kill team's balance and chemistry to sign someone who is not needed at all at first place.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Just imagine..James,Muller,Griezmann bahind lewa and coman and robben on bench.. =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Pelin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 pm

His best attribute is making runs behind the defence. Players must play in their best positions. his best position is trequartista, same goes for Müller.

ignoring main need and going for luxury only will harm us in terms of team's balance and chemistry.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Overrated, not a true CF and not nearly as effective as a winger. Even last season - when Müller was supposedly sh*t and Griezmann was being talked about as a Ballon d'Or contender - Müller still had a higher G+A/90. Last season Griezmann averaged 0.75 goals + assists per 90 minutes. Müller in his slump averaged 0.77 goals + assists per 90.
Would be an absolute luxury signing and for the money we can get players that much better suit our needs.
Anyways, here's word from Brazzo this morning:

"We haven't even talked about Griezmann. We won't be joining in the craziness -- the sums involved are not worth discussing. If something is sensible and suits Bayern, we will do it. We still have time, we have decided a few things in the last few months, but the transfer window opens on Jan. 1."

And when asked about replacing Robben/Ribery: "They are two experienced and revered players. We know what we have in them and will deal with that early in the New Year. Arjen Robben is in top form and the best example there is that age is not important."
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Great player, an arrow when playing SS next to another striker, absolutely world class for a... counter attacking team.
In a imaginary scenario where Bayern signs Griezmann many things have to change, first we have to sell Muller or any other direct and equally good player who's competing for Griezmann's spot. Secondly if we sign the wanna-be-Beckham then we re-shape the whole team and formation, he is not a winger, he isn't a CF, he is a pure second striker/trequartista. I say that he is a world class player and scorer but we don't need that type of footballer at the moment only if we re-shape the team's structure offensively. In a possible Griezmann signing(means tones of millions,record fees means no bench for him) many players will be at risk, James and Muller for example. Are we willing to make that exchange? I don't...

If we really want to break the bank we just need new -world class- blood for the wings, NOTHING else, Draxler(LW) for example and one established world class winger, equally good with Robben for RW. That's all, no need for an overhaul or anything cuz most of our key players are prime age(26-30) again if they want to spend big then Griezmann is not the right player despite his unquestionable quality.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:49 pm

aterford wrote:Overrated, not a true CF and not nearly as effective as a winger. Even last season - when Müller was supposedly sh*t and Griezmann was being talked about as a Ballon d'Or contender - Müller still had a higher G+A/90. Last season Griezmann averaged 0.75 goals + assists per 90 minutes. Müller in his slump averaged 0.77 goals + assists per 90.
Would be an absolute luxury signing and for the money we can get players that much better suit our needs.
Anyways, here's word from Brazzo this morning:

"We haven't even talked about Griezmann. We won't be joining in the craziness -- the sums involved are not worth discussing. If something is sensible and suits Bayern, we will do it. We still have time, we have decided a few things in the last few months, but the transfer window opens on Jan. 1."

And when asked about replacing Robben/Ribery: "They are two experienced and revered players. We know what we have in them and will deal with that early in the New Year. Arjen Robben is in top form and the best example there is that age is not important."

Overrated, #-o
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Yes, overrated. As I said - in what was arguably his best season ever, he statistically wasn't even as good as Müller's worst season in years. He'll be 27 next season, he chokes and turns invisible in big games, he's already getting paid as much as Lewandowski, and he's been flat-out bad this season. It doesn't make sense for us for a dozen reasons.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:04 pm

aterford wrote:Yes, overrated. As I said - in what was arguably his best season ever, he statistically wasn't even as good as Müller's worst season in years. He'll be 27 next season, he chokes and turns invisible in big games, he's already getting paid as much as Lewandowski, and he's been flat-out bad this season. It doesn't make sense for us for a dozen reasons.
The fact that he chokes in finals I 'd agree

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Never going to happen. Everyone out there knows that Griezmann's dream club is Man Utd. It almost happened last summer but then Atletico was punished with the transfer ban. Griezmann decided to show his loyalty then but he will definitely move next summer. Atletico's board probably agreed his transfer for next summer in a swap for this season.

Why would Atletico sign Griezmann to a new contract last summer and not increase his buyout clause? Doesn't make sense to me. The only reason is that the board agreed to let him leave the summer of 2018 in exchange for one more season with Atletico. Remember this season is very important for Atletico. They opened a brand new stadium and the board would not want to sell their biggest star and a couple of months later open a new stadium.

Also Bayern are not going to spend 100 million Euro any time soon, maybe never. And Griezmann doesn't suit our style of play. He would be great at Man Utd though. Jóse Mourinho plays counter attack a lot and Griezmann excels in a counter attack style of play as we all know.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:10 pm

via football-espana:

Bayern Munich sporting director sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has ruled out the club signing Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann.

The German giants have been linked to a move for the 26-year-old - who reportedly has a €100m clause from January - who is also reportedly attracting interest from Manchester United, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.

“The truth is nobody here has even discussed Griezmann,” Salihamidzic told Sky.

“We won’t join in with the madness of the transfer market as some of the fees involved are not worth talking about.

“Bayern are only interested in deals which are sensible and which will suit the club.

“The transfer window does not open until January and we constantly look at ways of improving but we have decided upon a few things.”
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am

Reschke said, in an interview, that he tried to sign Griezmann for Leverkusen in 2013 for €10m but Atletico wanted €30m. Then a year later, he tried to sign him for Bayern for €40m to €45m but Atletico wanted €75m. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
Reschke said, in an interview, that he tried to sign Griezmann for Leverkusen in 2013 for €10m but Atletico wanted €30m. Then a year later, he tried to sign him for Bayern for €40m to €45m but Atletico wanted €75m. [source]

Interesting, though in 2013 Griezmann was still at Real Sociedad, as far as I know. He had a €30m buyout which I believe Atletico activated and he transferred to Atletico in July '14
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:37 am

AG is hinting about a possible transfer at the end of the season.
Here they are claiming that Barca are in pole position...l
I guess the others might be Chelsea, Man U and us

TLETICO MADRID, GRIEZMANN: "FUTURO? NON SO SE RESTO"
"Sono felice e questo e' quello che conta di piu' per me. Non so se restero' il prossimo anno. Stiamo parlando con il club e vediamo cosa si puo' fare". Cosi' Antoine Griezmann torna a spaventare i tifosi dell'Atletico Madrid su un suo possibile addio a fine stagione. Parlando dopo il pareggio per 1-1 contro l'Arsenal in Europa League, con un suo gol, l'attaccante francese ai microfoni di beIN SPORTS non ha voluto garantire la sua certa permanenza all'Atletico. Su Griezmann da tempo si e' scatenata un'asta fra i principali club d'Europa, con il Barcellona in pole position.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:43 am

There were this rumours that the deal with Barcelona was done. Especially when Atletico played Barcelona in Camp Nou and he was hanging around with Messi and several Barça players before the match

But latest news are he might change his mind and extend with Atletico.

His release clause is now 100M 8)
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 am

YlonenXabi wrote:There were this rumours that the deal with Barcelona was done. Especially when Atletico played Barcelona in Camp Nou and he was hanging around with Messi and several Barça players before the match

But latest news are he might change his mind and extend with Atletico.

His release clause is now 100M 8)

My God imagine him, Coutinho, Messi, Dembele, and even Suarez!!!!!!!!!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News