You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ante Rebić

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Ante Rebić

Postby aterford » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Well, sorry for the tangent. But just for fun here are the numbers.
I took the above mentioned squads and first determined what was their most used starting XI based on minutes. Then, calculated the age of the squad as it was at the end of the season. So these are based on squad ages as of May 26, 2018 (I considered the UCL final to be the season's 'official' end). So of course every player has aged a month and a half since then. And some have seen older players move along, which should lower their age (Juve, for example, lost 40-y.o. Buffon and added 33-y.o. Ronaldo; Iniesta leaving Barca, etc). But it should give at least a somewhat clear picture of ages as they are "on the pitch".

From youngest average starting XI to oldest:

1. Tottenham - 26 years, 4 months
2. Liverpool - 26 years, 8 months
3. Chelsea - 27 years, 5 months
4. Manchester United - 27 years, 11 months
5. Atletico Madrid - 28 years, 3 months
_. Real Madrid - 28 years, 3 months
7. Manchester City - 28 years, 5 months
8. Barcelona - 29 years, 1 month
9. Napoli - 29 years, 2 months
10. Bayern Munich - 29 years, 3 months
11. Juventus - 30 years, 9 months
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Bayern are not interested in signing Ante Rebic from Eintracht Frankfurt as of now. [Kicker]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:We are a friggin retirement home!

In other news we have 14* players with a pro contract with age 23 or younger. 2 goalkeepers, 4 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards.
And only 6 players 30yo or older.

Please, #12, start supporting another club. Please.

*excluding Tillman who will be playing in the Bundesliga this season.

Yes, and those 6 are actually closest to real class we have... 23 and younger is fine... Ours are only average though...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:We're still the oldest team in the Bundesliga with average age of 27,5. Leipzig the youngest - 24.

If you're reading off transfermarkt, they're not including Ron-Thorben Hoffmann (19), Lars Lukas Mai (18), Marco Friedl (20, out on loan), Adrian Fein (19), Meritan Shabani (19) and Franck Evina (18). All of these have a pro contract with Bayern, and most of them have played for the senior team already.

I took their base age (just the year as an integer, which of course is not very accurate), summed them up and got an average. It's 25.4. So to make up for the 0-355 days the integer could be off, we can add 0.5 which gives an average of 25.9 when you include these players.

Now look around Europe.

Higher age than Bayern:
Atletico 26.7
Tottenham 26.2
Man Utd 26.2
Chelsea 26.0

Same age:
Barcelona 25.9

Slightly lower age:
Real Madrid 25.6
Liverpool 25.6
Napoli 25.6
Juventus 25.5
Man City 25.4

Yeah right cause we all know they’re gonna be wc in two months time
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:IMO when comparing squads it would make more sense to look at a team's average starting XI and compare those ages. But I suppose that is a topic for a different thread.

Yes this is more fair but also has limitations. For example, a team has a retiring legend who would still get a lot of playing time but they'd have an 18yo in the squad who's got tremendous potential and would be his heir to the throne, kind of like when we had Kimmich and Lahm. The average starting XI would be high, but next year you know they're getting replaced. This is not the case if the legend is 29 years old, and next year he will be 30 and still playing.

In reality, the only player who's 30+ and who is a definite 100% starter is Neuer. Of course, Mr.12 will answer to this and say Ribery and Robben will be playing all the time, but we know this will not be the case. Then there's Rafinha, a fringe player, Wagner and Vidal. Vidal would probably get the highest playing time out of these three, but we'll see.

How do you "know" exactly? Because Gnabry and Coman are never injured? Gotcha!
Also, you can do this over and over again, we lack quality... Not just in backups...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby gumboduncan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:25 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Bayern are not interested in signing Ante Rebic from Eintracht Frankfurt as of now. [Kicker]

I think the board has a world class player lined up (I obviously don't know who), if that doesn't go through, I think Rebić could be an alternative.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby PowerHouse » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 pm

gumboduncan wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Bayern are not interested in signing Ante Rebic from Eintracht Frankfurt as of now. [Kicker]

I think the board has a world class player lined up (I obviously don't know who), if that doesn't go through, I think Rebić could be an alternative.
fingers crossed I hope you’re right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PowerHouse
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Lahmies » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:32 pm

gumboduncan wrote:

A WORLD CLASS player? despite uli and kalle bragging about how great the squad is and how they want to SELL, not buy? how we don't need to spend because we have promising talents in attack? yeah, good luck with those hopes. the best we can hope for is a defender IF boateng + a midfielder leave.
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:47 pm

https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/hoene ... 27321.html

Uli says here, "We need one or two players," he said, "who will perform at their best in the important games - not when we play against the weakest opponents, and we need to work on that."

So I think something's in the making.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 am

gumboduncan wrote:https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/hoeness-urteilt-ueber-wm-und-ueberrascht-mit-seiner-aussage-zr-10027321.html

Uli says here, "We need one or two players," he said, "who will perform at their best in the important games - not when we play against the weakest opponents, and we need to work on that."

I trust our board. They know what they are doing...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 am

Achilles wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Must admit I'm still not quite convinced.

I'd take him over Muller easily. He is not top top but he reminds of Olic with his runs and passion and he is a good dribbler, cuts inside and he can finish. For rotation he is perfect for me.

At the moment certainly. Peak Müller... I'm not sure Rebic can ever reach that level so I'm not yet convinced.

He's good, but is he our future? Your Olic comparison makes sense, but Olic wasn't a starter most of the time.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:14 am

ramsej84 wrote:Rebic + Gnabry would be devastating.........

Coman?? He is our most promising winger. If anyone is going to get replaced by a new transfer it is Gnabry (or better yet, let's treat him as a striker).
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am

America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
America USA wrote:You guys want an Mbappe/Neymar/Dembele/Coutinho level signing. Sorry Bayern don’t do that. If you want a marquee signing so bad then y’all need to switch sides and start rooting for RM, Manchester clubs, Barça, or PSG.
I don't want one of those. I want a coach and tactics that are able to make full use of the quality players we already have (I believe that 442 is the way to go for our squad).

Ok so you’re the sane one but what about the other users here who insist on having “World Class” wingers and want to keep banging their heads against the same wall?

Who is a World Class winger? I know the answers (Mbappe, Sane, Dembele, Martial, etc.) but all of them will cost AT LEAST €150m. Bayern ain’t doing that kinda business so please take your galacticos wet dreams elsewhere!

We were linked with many if not all of those before their most recent transfers. This is the problem most of us have: our scouting is atrocious. We decide against pursuing the players who become superstars and buy the ones who don't... Consistently.

We could have gotten players like Sane, De Bruyne, Jesus (all of whom we were linked with) for relatively cheap... Still expensive but far from today. Others like Salah, we could have scouted them just like other clubs did. With Neymar and Mbappe we were always going to be outbid.

Many of us don't expect a 150m transfer (although I won't say no to it) but if we want to keep paying 2010 prices in 2018/19 we are going to have to snatch the superstars before they are out of our reach. Could Rebic be that player? Perhaps, but he's not the kodt promising imo.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby munchen99 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:46 pm

gumboduncan wrote:https://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/hoeness-urteilt-ueber-wm-und-ueberrascht-mit-seiner-aussage-zr-10027321.html

Oh Uli How much I love you - sounds like a swipe at lewa!
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aaaaaa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:11 pm

I hope the Pole read that
aaaaaa
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News