You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Álvaro Odriozola [Álvaro Odriozola Arzallus]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Álvaro Odriozola [Álvaro Odriozola Arzallus]

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:39 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:46 pm

#12 wrote:ANOTHER loan player?
I think they misunderstood when we said they could copy Chelsea's loan army...

I'm not satisfied with this transfer and of course with this policy. Too many beta footballers, too many soft Latin players(Coutinho,Thiago,Odriozola,James in the past) and so on but you just have the "get it done attitude"

In January you should low your expectations, an average player for a position that we're not desperate to get because we don't know if Flick will stay and the new coach will get Kimmich back to RB, considering this info, yes of course it would be a loan-deal of an unwanted/dissatisfied or average player. What you would expect? City loaning us 50M Cancelo?!?

Our situation and picks are truthfully sad(not signing Meunier) and our squad planning non-existent but having serious expectations about a top RB transfer and Sane in mid-season when we don't know who our coach will be or Sane's health and readiness... it's simply stupid!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 pm

I am VERY fine with this.
As Achilles said, this guy wouldn't hold a candle to Bayern's starting RB position, but it's better than having an underwhelming Pavard or buying Semedo just to find out in July that Ten Hag or whoever coaches us thinks he doesn't fit.
And the same is with Meunier, because he'd most likely ask for a high wage(close to 10m) and that would be absurd for a future backup.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:22 pm

Told ya it's was close. We're always setting up quickly with Real, thanks to Rummenigge's close connections in Spain, of course.
Don't judge too quickly. We're getting player from Real Madrid, not from Mainz. At least Flick have someone to use on the RB.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:38 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:He was good with Real Sociedad, but has been terrible with Real Madrid.

Poor defense and he is no Marcelo in the offensive end either.

Then please tell me my friend, who is good for you today on fullback positions (both left and right) to play at FC Bayern or who is overall great? Then tell me from the available ones on the market who could be real targets.

All I see in the past 10 years that all players are heavily overestimated and yet absolutely overpaid for what they are. The entire sport seems to me absolutely overhyped, overpriced, overestimated, over this over that - completely unrealistic because if there are no let's say 20-30 awesome fullbacks who could play in every club on this planet, 20-30 awesome CBs, 20-30 classic DMs, 15-20 strikers and 15-20 wingers, what exactly are we watching all these years??? :D

Achilles wrote:I'm not satisfied with this transfer and of course with this policy. Too many beta footballers, too many soft Latin players(Coutinho,Thiago,Odriozola,James in the past) and so on but you just have the "get it done attitude"

Our situation and picks are truthfully sad(not signing Meunier) and our squad planning non-existent but having serious expectations about a top RB transfer and Sane in mid-season when we don't know who our coach will be or Sane's health and readiness... it's simply stupid!

Machiavellico wrote:As Achilles said, this guy wouldn't hold a candle to Bayern's starting RB position, but it's better than having an underwhelming Pavard or buying Semedo just to find out in July that Ten Hag or whoever coaches us thinks he doesn't fit.
And the same is with Meunier, because he'd most likely ask for a high wage(close to 10m) and that would be absurd for a future backup.

Just as I wrote to @Xabi, it goes the same for you 2. I'll cut the story... Who is good for today to be Bayern's fullback, center-back and that is available to us? Names, please. :cheers:

All I see these days that all fullbacks who have shown up in the last 6-7 years are silly, both experienced and young guys. Either there must be players or the sport is totally overhyped and has completely collapsed since business is only what is perfectly functioning.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:58 pm

Achilles wrote:
#12 wrote:ANOTHER loan player?
I think they misunderstood when we said they could copy Chelsea's loan army...

I'm not satisfied with this transfer and of course with this policy. Too many beta footballers, too many soft Latin players(Coutinho,Thiago,Odriozola,James in the past) and so on but you just have the "get it done attitude"

In January you should low your expectations, an average player for a position that we're not desperate to get because we don't know if Flick will stay and the new coach will get Kimmich back to RB, considering this info, yes of course it would be a loan-deal of an unwanted/dissatisfied or average player. What you would expect? City loaning us 50M Cancelo?!?

What a disgusting first paragraph. Yeah, we should aim for tough guys/real warriors/purebloods like Perisic and Goretzka, instead of ballerinas like Thiago, Coutinho and James. Lol.

In any case, I'm glad it's just a loan, and hoping for a real coach to put Kimmich back where he belongs next season.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Not the worst deal to be honest. There's a good chance he'll revive his career here and we could sign him permanently if so.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Fénix wrote:Just as I wrote to @Xabi, it goes the same for you 2. I'll cut the story... Who is good for today to be Bayern's fullback, center-back and that is available to us? Names, please. :cheers:

Easy. Focusing just on RB: Kimmich, Carvajal. Kimmich.

PunkCapitalist

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Fénix wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:He was good with Real Sociedad, but has been terrible with Real Madrid.

Poor defense and he is no Marcelo in the offensive end either.

Then please tell me my friend, who is good for you today on fullback positions (both left and right) to play at FC Bayern or who is overall great? Then tell me from the available ones on the market who could be real targets.

All I see in the past 10 years that all players are heavily overestimated and yet absolutely overpaid for what they are. The entire sport seems to me absolutely overhyped, overpriced, overestimated, over this over that - completely unrealistic because if there are no let's say 20-30 awesome fullbacks who could play in every club on this planet, 20-30 awesome CBs, 20-30 classic DMs, 15-20 strikers and 15-20 wingers, what exactly are we watching all these years??? :D

Achilles wrote:I'm not satisfied with this transfer and of course with this policy. Too many beta footballers, too many soft Latin players(Coutinho,Thiago,Odriozola,James in the past) and so on but you just have the "get it done attitude"

Machiavellico wrote:As Achilles said, this guy wouldn't hold a candle to Bayern's starting RB position, but it's better than having an underwhelming Pavard or buying Semedo just to find out in July that Ten Hag or whoever coaches us thinks he doesn't fit.

Just as I wrote to @Xabi, it goes the same for you 2. I'll cut the story... Who is good for today to be Bayern's fullback, center-back and that is available to us? Names, please. :cheers:

All I see these days that all fullbacks who have shown up in the last 6-7 years are silly, both experienced and young guys. Either there must be players or the sport is totally overhyped and has completely collapsed since business is only what is perfectly functioning.

Yeah, I want to hear some names, also. Alexander- Arnold ? Carvajal ? Wan-Bissaka ? Pereira ? Walker ?

Even if someone pop-ups, it's easier for Bayern management to not pay 40m on Cancelo, just like Juve did couple of years ago. Valencia got him for 5 fucking million euros years before that from Benfica. It's easier to not take a look at teams like Benfica, Porto - who are producing a great LB/RBin the last years - Danilo, Ricardo Pereira, Alex Telles, Alex Sandro, Alex Telles, Grimaldo, Tavares..

But no, let's wait for the next german "super-talent" and sign him for free, because it's easier and we're going to spend some money. =D>
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:08 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Without an option. Bollocks. So we're just helping Real Madrid develop their talent.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:09 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:What a disgusting first paragraph. Yeah, we should aim for tough guys/real warriors/purebloods like Perisic and Goretzka, instead of ballerinas like Thiago, Coutinho and James. Lol

The players I mentioned up until know they are indeed soft ballerina players that doesn't make the likes of Perisic and Goretzka exceptional footballers or warriors. All of them are underwhelming considering the expectations and yeah I prefer the tough guys midfielder type but with quality on the ball rather the ballerinas who're getting bullied and slayed with ease.

Efficiency over flashy moves and unnecessary step-overs any day
Last edited by Achilles on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby Achilles » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:11 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Without an option. Bollocks. So we're just helping Real Madrid develop their talent.

No, we just fill in the gap we'll have with Flick using Kimmich in midfield until summer where we will find out who the real -permanent- coach will be and squad plan according to his needs and tactics.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Fénix wrote:

You have missed my point then, good man. I have concurred that this is a good transfer, but the player is not ideal. You cannot tell me you believe differently. Yes, there aren't any players that check all the boxes, but that's why we're settling for something less than ideal until summer.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Without an option. Bollocks. So we're just helping Real Madrid develop their talent.
This is good. That way the temptation is removed and we can hopefully play the actual best RB in the world at RB.

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News