You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How many players should Bayern sign if we assume that Cou, Boa, Javi and Odriozola are leaving?

One.
No votes
Two.
9%
Three.
36%
Four.
27%
Five.
18%
More than five.
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: 2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Min » Wed May 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Min wrote:
aterford wrote:Every year we've been talking about how we're saving up money for a big transfer war chest. If that's the case, the pandemic shouldn't matter. If we had 200m sitting in transfer funds 6mo ago, we should have that same 200m today, unless we've been dipping into that stash to pay for miscellaneous stuff. And now because of the pandemic every sale price has been dropping. If anything, we should be able to spend MORE now than pre-pandemic (same amount of money to spend, lower value for players to buy), lol

Only two reasons to not do so:
1. Abundance of caution - fear that we may need to use those transfer funds to cover additional expenses if any extended time w/o football causes big financial losses
2. Wanting to preserve a good "look". I get that it's a business but if you're the only team spending huge in the pandemic times it's a bad look for you probably.

3. When in reality you DO NOT HAVE those 200m sitting on your bank account but constantly are feeding fans via media with messages ''next year we are going to spend multimillions on new players''. Next year, next year, next year. In reality-never.
Min
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed May 13, 2020 6:54 pm

aterford wrote:Every year we've been talking about how we're saving up money for a big transfer war chest. If that's the case, the pandemic shouldn't matter. If we had 200m sitting in transfer funds 6mo ago, we should have that same 200m today, unless we've been dipping into that stash to pay for miscellaneous stuff. And now because of the pandemic every sale price has been dropping. If anything, we should be able to spend MORE now than pre-pandemic (same amount of money to spend, lower value for players to buy), lol

Only two reasons to not do so:
1. Abundance of caution - fear that we may need to use those transfer funds to cover additional expenses if any extended time w/o football causes big financial losses
2. Wanting to preserve a good "look". I get that it's a business but if you're the only team spending huge in the pandemic times it's a bad look for you probably.

Or reason 3, we left Uli in charge of investing them, and he lost everything
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 27, 2020 8:53 am

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Wed May 27, 2020 10:52 am

So we have basically solved many things in short time under Flick after 4 years of roaming around like wanderers.

Next season I can imagine to see:

Goalkeepers: Neuer, Ulreich*, Nübel

Defenders: Süle, Hernández, Alaba, Davies, Pavard, Boateng*

Midfielders: Thiago, Kimmich, Goretzka, Cuisance, Müller

Wingers: Gnabry, Coman, Perišić*

Strikers: Lewandowski, Zirkzee

*players who still don't know will they stay or not

Obviously Ulreich will decide whether he'll stay no. 2 or find no. 1 spot somewhere else.

Boateng is looking good so far, there are question marks whether he can keep his performances regular. With him we could solve our no. 4 CB situation.
One new RB is mandatory no matter what.

In midfield, Flick managed to do what Ancelotti and Kovač couldn't in the last 4 years.
Müller is living renaissance under Herr Flick after 4 bad years. Javi is dead meat for years, Tolisso lost 2 seasons and is very, very likely to be sold especially when Goretzka is about to become a new player in a completely new role.
Flick plans with Cuisance, one spot remains to be filled with 6th midfielder that is also necessary.

Situation on wings is already very clear: Perišić as winger no. 4 to be bought and asking price from Inter is totally out of question. Sané is set to take his spot in der Startelf with Gnabry, Coman loses place and becomes winger no. 3.

In attack it remains to see whether Flick wants to use 4-4-2 from time to time therefore he definitely needs to add another striker near Lewandowski, but also to have a backup for him or if he gets injured. Zirkzee won't get much time in the last 6 matches, though.

Right now it seems we are looking for a RB, a midfielder, 2 wingers and perhaps a striker. 4 players for 4 different positions and we are set to go with 19-20 field players(4 CBs, 3 fullbacks, 6 midfielders, 4 wingers, 2-3 strikers) and 3 GKs.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:24 am

I have just discovered this guy..
He is cheap and will make a good back up...
I am saying this as I think it is the time to part ways with Coman...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Min » Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I have just discovered this guy..
He is cheap and will make a good back up...
I am saying this as I think it is the time to part ways with Coman...

Coman was always overated. Never understood hype surrounding him. But knowing that Bayern loves buying all benchwarmers and injury prone players...
Min
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby xevi » Sat May 30, 2020 12:49 am

Fénix wrote:So we have basically solved many things in short time under Flick after 4 years of roaming around like wanderers.

Next season I can imagine to see:

Goalkeepers: Neuer, Ulreich*, Nübel

Defenders: Süle, Hernández, Alaba, Davies, Pavard, Boateng*

Midfielders: Thiago, Kimmich, Goretzka, Cuisance, Müller

Wingers: Gnabry, Coman, Perišić*

Strikers: Lewandowski, Zirkzee

*players who still don't know will they stay or not

Obviously Ulreich will decide whether he'll stay no. 2 or find no. 1 spot somewhere else.

Boateng is looking good so far, there are question marks whether he can keep his performances regular. With him we could solve our no. 4 CB situation.
One new RB is mandatory no matter what.

In midfield, Flick managed to do what Ancelotti and Kovač couldn't in the last 4 years.
Müller is living renaissance under Herr Flick after 4 bad years. Javi is dead meat for years, Tolisso lost 2 seasons and is very, very likely to be sold especially when Goretzka is about to become a new player in a completely new role.
Flick plans with Cuisance, one spot remains to be filled with 6th midfielder that is also necessary.

Situation on wings is already very clear: Perišić as winger no. 4 to be bought and asking price from Inter is totally out of question. Sané is set to take his spot in der Startelf with Gnabry, Coman loses place and becomes winger no. 3.

In attack it remains to see whether Flick wants to use 4-4-2 from time to time therefore he definitely needs to add another striker near Lewandowski, but also to have a backup for him or if he gets injured. Zirkzee won't get much time in the last 6 matches, though.

Right now it seems we are looking for a RB, a midfielder, 2 wingers and perhaps a striker. 4 players for 4 different positions and we are set to go with 19-20 field players(4 CBs, 3 fullbacks, 6 midfielders, 4 wingers, 2-3 strikers) and 3 GKs.

I agree with the new RB. Dest was the most likely option dime weeks ago but now Barça wants him too. That's bad news but barça need to sell semedo too.

About boateng i think Bayern should sell him. His price was cheap before covid cause his wage so his situación shouldn't be very diferent. We can't keep a player who earns 13M.

A CB, a RB + pavard, suele, mai, davies and alaba.

Then i don't understand why se should keep boa but not tolisso. I think covid is a good chance for a player like tolisso. Kimmich-thiago are a clear duo but Next we have fein and cuisance. I'm ok with one of them but tolisso ir another proven is needed. In that case i would keep tolisso cause another CM would cost a lot and would be sub anyway. *** Don't know about fein in fact but i have my doubts with him as 1rs choice coming from bench.
Goretzka and Muller as Am are ok.

Then sane, gnabry, coman, perisic (for a reduces Transfer fee), lewa and zirkzee are ok for me.
xevi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hardrade » Sat May 30, 2020 12:58 am

Any new names coming up yet?
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Evan van Essen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:28 pm

tuscanybayern wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

could it be Tanguy Kouassi?

he is leaving PSG as a free agent...he's 17, right-footed and one of the most promising young defenders in the world (already worth 11 million euros according to Transfermarkt).

He has played as a defensive midfielder in Champions League and both as a CB and DM in Ligue 1
Dont know if im right, but zakaria can and did play cb right?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby soul-railgun777 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:52 pm

[quote="tuscanybayern"] Can't see tweet? Click here!

Mathias Ginter: Bundesliga experienced player, contract until 2021, can play CB-DM-RB and has been an important sub for the national team.
soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Jesus Christ, seriously?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:11 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm

soul-railgun777 wrote:
tuscanybayern wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Mathias Ginter: Bundesliga experienced player, contract until 2021, can play CB-DM-RB and has been an important sub for the national team.
Dude, this is the Bayern I thread, not Bayern II!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm

You’re premature, that’s what they'll say in August/September...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby mendezmar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:29 pm

the bayern is a great team, but I think it is high time to get a replacement for Lewandowski and prepare him so that he can replace him in due course.
mendezmar
First post

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News