You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How many players should Bayern sign if we assume that Cou, Boa, Javi and Odriozola are leaving?

One.
No votes
Two.
10%
Three.
30%
Four.
30%
Five.
20%
More than five.
10%

Total votes : 10

Re: 2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby aterford » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:44 pm

We do need a proper DM but IMO it's not our most pressing need at the moment, so I can understand the reasoning. For me both Kimmich and Thiago have a skillset that is closer to that of an 8, but the double-pivot of those two has largely worked thus far and without having been "exposed" yet it's hard to make a strong argument against it. So I can see it staying for the time being, anyways.

IMO, we need at least two attackers added. Muller is playing great, but it is getting to be time to start thinking about who replaces his place in the team, perhaps. I am not really okay with going into another season viewing Coman as a starting attacker, for me he is a bench player until further notice and if he can stay fit and show improvement then perhaps that can change. But it would be foolish to rely on him right now. And even with Coman and Gnabry, we knew we needed another winger like Sane (or whoever), so we need at least two attackers, for me. Whether that's Werner-Sane, Werner-Havertz, Havertz-Sane, whoever, I don't know, but need two. That's gonna be costly right there.

Kimmich seems to be playing in midfield for the next 3 years now. So we need a right-back, and with at least one (if not both) of Javi/Boa gone, we need a CB too. Finally, if Alaba does end up leaving, then I think we'll need a left-back or at least ANOTHER CB there, too (depends how you view Lucas).
Say hypothetically Boa, Javi, and Alaba all end up leaving. We would be left with:
LB: Davies, Lucas
CB: Sule, Lucas, Pavard
RB: Pavard, ?? Kimmich, I guess.
And even if we do bring in Dest, for example, we're still left with a situation where we only have three proper CBs, and one starts while being the backup at LB (Lucas) and the other probably starts at RB and is a backup CB (Pavard)....We're well-covered in the fact that Lucas/Davies can cover okay for what Alaba offers, but Alaba is so versatile that he's like losing two players.
SO, all that to say: if Boa, Javi, and Alaba are allowed to leave, we'll need a right back and at bare minimum one more CB.

ANYWAYS, that being said, I think all of the aforementioned takes priority ahead of a new proper DM. We have Thiago and Kimmich double-pivot working well *so far* and Fein incoming (though I see him as more of a Thiago-style, too). I think we could use a proper Javi replacement, but at the moment we're so flooded with #8's and pseudo-8's who are playing as 6's that we really would need to probably sell or loan out a midfielder or two to be able to add another midfielder to the roster (and that's not counting the potential for someone like Havertz coming and effectively narrowing us down to perhaps two available spots in midfield)....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tuscanybayern » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 am

do any of you know a detailed tactical analysis of kimmich as a midfielder? or about the thiago-kimmich midfield duo? could be youtube, blogs etc. It would be very appreciated.

as far as the transfers are concerned, I'm OK with Tolisso leaving - it was a mistake to buy him in the first place, and for a relative large sum. We hardly ever had a plan for him when our midfield hierarchies were "fluid" ( = our midfield was shit). Same goes for Cuisance.

Javi's skillset, on the other hand, is so valuable that it would be nuts to let him leave for peanuts
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:10 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:do any of you know a detailed tactical analysis of kimmich as a midfielder? or about the thiago-kimmich midfield duo? could be youtube, blogs etc. It would be very appreciated.

as far as the transfers are concerned, I'm OK with Tolisso leaving - it was a mistake to buy him in the first place, and for a relative large sum. We hardly ever had a plan for him when our midfield hierarchies were "fluid" ( = our midfield was shit). Same goes for Cuisance.

Javi's skillset, on the other hand, is so valuable that it would be nuts to let him leave for peanuts
I still don’t think our midfield is much better than shit... A little, yes, but arguably the only real test was Chelsea - and it's still Chelsea...

I think we need a great DM who combines skillsets... Rodri would've been great...
Atm, can‘t think of too many names though... Neves is unattainable for us... Zakaria would be ok I guess...

Zakaria, Dest, Upamecano, Havertz, Sané...

I know that’s just a wet dream...

Maybe we can secure Havertz for 2021 though... Werner would be a nice to have, but a genuine winger is more pressing... Doesn’t have to be Sané at all, but high quality... Would still celebrate AF if we could snatch Sancho in all this mess - but that’s an even wetter dream...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby vtotheinay » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:17 pm

#12 wrote:
tuscanybayern wrote:do any of you know a detailed tactical analysis of kimmich as a midfielder? or about the thiago-kimmich midfield duo? could be youtube, blogs etc. It would be very appreciated.

I still don’t think our midfield is much better than shit... A little, yes, but arguably the only real test was Chelsea - and it's still Chelsea...

I think we need a great DM who combines skillsets... Rodri would've been great...
Atm, can‘t think of too many names though... Neves is unattainable for us... Zakaria would be ok I guess...

Thomas from Atleti would be the perfect option. 60m release clause. Seems our board won't even look into options though (surprise surprise)
vtotheinay
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:44 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:47 am

The crisis due to Corona should favour us with our years of collecting and saving. Still I fear we will end up without the necessary transfers while other teams spend in their ususal way. Hope I am wrong!
Alexander
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:25 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:43 pm

So we are after three defenders....

Pavard is a RB then...
Davis LB

Alaba Sule Lucas the current CBs

A sub RB
A sub LB
And a sub CB
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:So we are after three defenders....

Pavard is a RB then...
Davis LB

A sub RB
A sub LB
And a sub CB

I'm not sure that you can keep happy so many defenders happy in one club. If we assume that Alaba will stay in the club, we're going to have 2 undisputed starters for the LB and RB - Davies and Pavard.

Let's asume that Alaba, Sule and Hernandez are the main options for the CB. 1 right footed CB is a must buy so we can bring balance to the squad. If this is Upamecano, I don't know why players like that will be happy to be just rotation players for most of the time, when these 4 can be starters in pretty much most of the top teams in Europe.

At this point I don't see why they will look to add another LB to sit on the bench when you're going to have Davies, Lucas and Alaba for the LB. While I'm not agains a player like Dest, because he can be useful also for the LB, I don't see a point buying another RB.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:23 pm

LCB: Alaba, Lucas
RCB: Sule, Upamecano
RB: Dest, Pavard
LB: Davies, Alaba

Makes no sense to me to sign another LB - 7 players for 4 position is enough.

BUT if Alaba is planned as the starter LB...well I'm pretty sure we wasted 120 million euros for the two French players Lucas and Tolisso
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm

We should only get Upamecano... & Dest

RB Pavard Dest (Kimmich)
CB Sule Upamecano Alaba Lucas (Pavard)
LB Davies (Alaba / Lucas)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:We should only get Upamecano... & Dest

RB Pavard Dest (Kimmich)
Dest is famous for his showings on the right, but he can also play as a LB!
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:55 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:So we are after three defenders....

Pavard is a RB then...
Davis LB

A sub RB
A sub LB
And a sub CB

I'm not sure that you can keep happy so many defenders happy in one club. If we assume that Alaba will stay in the club, we're going to have 2 undisputed starters for the LB and RB - Davies and Pavard.

Let's asume that Alaba, Sule and Hernandez are the main options for the CB. 1 right footed CB is a must buy so we can bring balance to the squad. If this is Upamecano, I don't know why players like that will be happy to be just rotation players for most of the time, when these 4 can be starters in pretty much most of the top teams in Europe.

At this point I don't see why they will look to add another LB to sit on the bench when you're going to have Davies, Lucas and Alaba for the LB. While I'm not agains a player like Dest, because he can be useful also for the LB, I don't see a point buying another RB.
You can only be a starter, when you’re healthy...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:We should only get Upamecano... & Dest

RB Pavard Dest (Kimmich)
Attackers?!?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby soul-railgun777 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:15 am

Even though I like Upamecano, I think he would be too expensive for a sub CB.

Bayern is probably going for 2 of Wener, Sané and Havertz (€130 mill) + Dest (€20 mill) maybe Perisic (€15 mill) I really doubt they are going to pay €60 million a season after they paid €80 million for a CB.

I feel like we should go for a more affordable CB like Klostermann, Elvedi (both can play RB, LB too) or Ginter (can also play RB, MC), the 3 of them end contract in 2021 and they know the league at least.

Upamecano would be great but I don't think is very realistic and even less after this Corona-crisis.
soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News