You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How many players should Bayern sign if we assume that Cou, Boa, Javi and Odriozola are leaving?

One.
No votes
Two.
9%
Three.
36%
Four.
27%
Five.
18%
More than five.
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: 2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:37 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:According to Kicker Sané documented his wish to sign for us in written form, although we ate not sure whether he is needed - classic Bayern... I can understand contemplating regarding the price though...

Classic #12.
They said they're not sure whether to pursue him with everything they got, no? So you actually agree with Bayern...

Well, no, because I think we need like 7 new players... THEY are just cheap... Also they have no alternative... If they had, yes, then I'd agree
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:39 pm

Dortmund get the greatest talents in the world (Haaland, Sancho, Camaviga, ...) and we're not even filling holes but burn money on shit deadweight like Coutinho...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:24 pm

#12 wrote:Dortmund get the greatest talents in the world (Haaland, Sancho, Camaviga, ...) and we're not even filling holes but burn money on shit deadweight like Coutinho...

True, but they're still not gonna win anything.
At least they make money of it.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:27 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:Dortmund get the greatest talents in the world (Haaland, Sancho, Camaviga, ...) and we're not even filling holes but burn money on shit deadweight like Coutinho...

Well... Are we?

I mean... Do you see us currently improving?

Realistically speaking we need like 8-9 players in the next three windows to stay competitive... High profile players...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:31 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Well... Are we?

Realistically speaking we need like 8-9 players in the next three windows to stay competitive... High profile players...

Dortmund can't even win the league while Bayern has been dogshite for 2 years.
What do you mean "are we"? We won the double last season and are well on the route to repeating that.
If you only care about the CL, sure. We've only won something 5 times in the 120 years this club existed.

True, we need signings. But not 8-9. Sané, Havertz, Upamecano and Dest and we're moving in a good direction. We still have some young players that haven't peaked yet. What's more important is that we sign the right coach who can develop those players. Because if we can't, not even those "world's best talents" would help.

Anyways, 9 players in next three windows doesn't even seem unrealistic ;)
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:46 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:[quote="#12"]Dortmund get the greatest talents in the world (Haaland, Sancho, Camaviga, ...) and we're not even filling holes but burn money on shit deadweight like Coutinho...

Well... Are we?

What do you mean "are we"? We won the double last season and are well on the route to repeating that.
If you only care about the CL, sure. We've only won something 5 times in the 120 years this club existed.

True, we need signings. But not 8-9. Sané, Havertz, Upamecano and Dest and we're moving in a good direction. We still have some young players that haven't peaked yet. What's more important is that we sign the right coach who can develop those players. Because if we can't, not even those "world's best talents" would help.

Anyways, 9 players in next three windows doesn't even seem unrealistic ;)[/quote]

I'm counting the winter window

If we get the 4 you mentioned in summer, we’re still missing a great 6 at least, maybe another CB... And we’re losing - or should be losing - Martinez, Boa, Coutinho and Perishit, so our squad is still not getting bigger...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:48 pm

Well, as bastos80 said, they won't win anything and the most important - they are a temporary station for all of the mentioned guys, ein Bauernhof.

We aren't that and we still win but not in the way we want to win it, especially outside of Germany.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:05 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:Well... Are we?

Anyways, 9 players in next three windows doesn't even seem unrealistic ;)

I'm counting the winter window

If we get the 4 you mentioned in summer, we’re still missing a great 6 at least, maybe another CB... And we’re losing - or should be losing - Martinez, Boa, Coutinho and Perishit, so our squad is still not getting bigger...

Well then you're just ilusional and have irrationally high standards even for you.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:34 pm

So you think this squad is big enough? Coman out again btw...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:36 pm

#12 wrote:So you think this squad is big enough? Coman out again btw...

1. Manuel Neuer
2. Alexander Nübel
3. Benjamin Pavard
4. Sergino Dest
5. David Alaba
6. Alphonso Davies
7.Lucas Hernandez
8. Dayot Upamecano
9. Niklas Süle
10. Joshua Kimmich
11. Thiago Alcantara
12. Leon Goretzka
13. Kai Havertz
14. Thomas Müller
15. Serge Gnabry
16. Leroy Sane
17. Kingsley Coman
18. Robert Lewandowski
19. Joshua Zirkzee
20. Adrian Fein
21. Mickael Cuisance
22. Jan-Fiete Arp
23. Ron-Thorben Hoffmann
24. Sarpreet Singh

---------------- Lewandowski
------ Gnabry --- Havertz --- Sané
--------------- Thiago - Kimmich
Alaba - Hernández - Upamecano - Dest
--------------------- Neuer

Gnabry - Lewandowski - Sané
Hernández - Alaba - Upamecano
---------------- Neuer ------------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:41 pm

What happens if either of Thiago/Kimmich or Hernandez/Upamecano are injured?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:46 pm

#12 wrote:What happens if either of Thiago/Kimmich

If we have the aspiration to attract young players, like Dortmund are doing and you're fapping off to ( :roll: ), we also need to give game time to the one's we have. Fein and Cuisance have the qualities to make it here with the right coaching. Plus there's Goretzka and honestly I could probably even do without Havertz and keep Tolisso. But the squad is big enough.

or Hernandez/Upamecano are injured?

Süle?
Pavard?
Davies? -> Alaba?
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Well, I‘m sorry, but Cuisance and Fein together would never make a Camaviga level player... And the kid's only 17... But yeah they don’t have him yet... But yes, if we get the 4 - that’s a big if if you ask me - I would actually see some perspective... Only I think we‘ll get max. 2 of those...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:53 pm

#12 wrote:But yes, if we get the 4 - that’s a big if if you ask me - I would actually see some perspective... Only I think we‘ll get max. 2 of those...

Well that's a different story and honestly, I don't care.

Well, I‘m sorry, but Cuisance and Fein together would never make a Camaviga level player... And the kid's only 17... But yeah they don’t have him yet...

Camavinga type players will be very careful after they saw what happened with Sanches here and how well Dortmund are doing with their talents.

3 + 2 players for 2 positions should be enough.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:41 am

Yep, that's the thing - I've said it before, but there's two reasons (or at least two big ones IMO) that helps Dortmund get top talents easier than us.

First is that they know they will be able to use their time at Dortmund to leverage a higher-profile move elsewhere. That's not the case here.
Second - and this one might be slightly more contentious - but Dortmund can simply afford to play them more. But like said above: if we have any desire to get top talents, we have to take risks and give them chances from time to time. Dortmund don't sign a top young talent and then say "But what about if (established veteran) gets hurt? We need to sign someone else) - rather they see that as an opening for a chance for one of their young talents. Look at a guy like Camavinga. Do you think he'd ever want to come here if he knew that every time one of our midfielders got hurt we'd give those minutes to Javi or something instead of him? No way. But if he knew he'd get an honest shot, he'd be more likely to consider us. (Don't get too hung up on the specific example, it's the concept).

And yeah - it doesn't mean anything if your coach isn't gonna give them a try. Sanches got pretty much frozen out entirely by Ancelotti in the second half of 16/17 and then again by Kovac last year and that was that, he was done. And we can say he wasn't good enough, but the fact is that when we signed Sanches he was being viewed in the same category as all the big "We could never sign those players" talents listed a few posts above in this thread. Davies wasn't in that same class of 'talent' (at least in terms of hype), but he was being chased by top PL clubs - even Liverpool wanted to get him - but we presented him with a clear sporting plan and role at the club and he's ours. So we have the capacity to land top talents - just have to give them the proper trust to get them to join the project.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News