You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Your favourite winger signing?

Pulisic
30%
Bailey
18%
No one: renew Robbery
8%
No one, renew Robben
1%
No one, renew Ribery
1%
Someone else
43%

Total votes : 80

Re: 2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby aterford » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:37 pm

As it stands, assuming Boateng and Sanches are sold (I think that's fair), by my count we'll need to add at least 4-5 players to even be able to consistently fill out the bench. Davies and Arp have both been rumored to be playing with FCBII and of course Fruechtl will be playing with them as well. And that's assuming everyone else is fit and able to dress/play.
By my count:
1. Neuer
2. Alaba
3. Hernandez
4. Suele
5. Kimmich
6. Thiago
7. Goretzka
8. Coman
9. Mueller
10. Gnabry
11. Lewy
12. Ulreich
13. Tolisso
14. Pavard
15. Javi
16. Davies*
17. Arp*
18. Fruechtl*
19. ???
20. ???
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:40 pm

"'Other' expected gains from 'other' areas"

Oh my gosh Uli is back at it... Someone call the cops!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:What "knee-jerk posts"? Maybe you should add to the forum rules that pointing out deficiencies is unwanted in this forum. On here we're supposed to hold our hands and circle dance and sing Kumbayah.

If you think I'm writing knee-jerk posts and negativity go visit https://forum.fcbayern.com/, so you get an idea of the general perception in Germany.

First of all I appreciate dissenting opinions but saying stuff like "this summer is a disater" in JUNE for heavens sake is knee jerk at its finest. Also the tired old "Whataboutism" fallacy to deflect criticism from your actions is boring as it is unoriginal. We are in June and the window is yet to open and here you are preaching doom and gloom. I don't like it here, I don't like it on twitter, reddit, or any other platforms Bayern fans converse. However, people are free to voice their opinions but don't expect me to treat it kindly(but still within the boundaries of good taste). Give low quality opinions and I respond with low quality replies.

The fact that many Bayern fans have taken up this doomsday mentality when first of all the squad is pretty darn strong with a great foundation. Second, its still June and a lot of big players and clubs are yet to make their moves. Third, these sports "journalists" who peddle nothing but a drivel of nonsense for your clicks to fuel their ad revenue are being taken way to seriously. Lastly, the powers that be that have managed this club have done a pretty damn good job of it and deserve patience at the very least. You don't have to like them but you at least should acknowledge the club has been well managed and stayed competitive with Europe's best for the past decade or so and I see no reason to doubt why that can't continue. Come late August and things look sour or the situation hasn't improved I will not only admit my wrongs but also join you in your doomsday talk.

Keep calm, and trust the process.

"pretty darn strong"?

Here, lemme help you:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topic ... ugs-adults

Just know buddy, I'm here for you, you are not alone in this!!!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:What "knee-jerk posts"? Maybe you should add to the forum rules that pointing out deficiencies is unwanted in this forum. On here we're supposed to hold our hands and circle dance and sing Kumbayah.

If you think I'm writing knee-jerk posts and negativity go visit https://forum.fcbayern.com/, so you get an idea of the general perception in Germany.

First of all I appreciate dissenting opinions but saying stuff like "this summer is a disater" in JUNE for heavens sake is knee jerk at its finest. Also the tired old "Whataboutism" fallacy to deflect criticism from your actions is boring as it is unoriginal. We are in June and the window is yet to open and here you are preaching doom and gloom. I don't like it here, I don't like it on twitter, reddit, or any other platforms Bayern fans converse. However, people are free to voice their opinions but don't expect me to treat it kindly(but still within the boundaries of good taste). Give low quality opinions and I respond with low quality replies.

The fact that many Bayern fans have taken up this doomsday mentality when first of all the squad is pretty darn strong with a great foundation. Second, its still June and a lot of big players and clubs are yet to make their moves. Third, these sports "journalists" who peddle nothing but a drivel of nonsense for your clicks to fuel their ad revenue are being taken way to seriously. Lastly, the powers that be that have managed this club have done a pretty damn good job of it and deserve patience at the very least. You don't have to like them but you at least should acknowledge the club has been well managed and stayed competitive with Europe's best for the past decade or so and I see no reason to doubt why that can't continue. Come late August and things look sour or the situation hasn't improved I will not only admit my wrongs but also join you in your doomsday talk.

"pretty darn strong"?

Here, lemme help you:

You always set the bar high. Everyone take note of this awesome trolling! :lol:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:00 pm

aterford wrote:Perhaps put it like this.

At this point - compare to previous summers. Are we doing better or worse?
I don't mean the summer as a whole, just up to this point. Just to make it nice and round, we'll just say the month of June, since our season ended May 25.
Look at 2017/2018. How does June 2019 compare to June 2018? June '17, '16, '15, etc? Better, or worse?

Yes, I know there's plenty of time left, but looking back, I'm struggling to find a start of the summer that's went as poorly as this one has so far.
If this summer's gone better so far, how? In what ways? If it's gone worse, surely that's cause for worry, no? This is supposed to be our biggest window in ages, arguably the most important in years, and so far it's looking worse (up to this point) than any in recent memory. Just being "as good" as the past few years is not good enough; we really have needed Summer 2019 to be above-and-beyond better than any of the recent years. So the fact that it's arguably off to a much worse start than any of those previous years is very concerning. Yes, there's time, but we're basically saying that we expect (and need!) the club to do more - and better - than previous years - in less time.

There's just so much work to do. Our preseason starts in what, 2, 3 weeks now? Our squad is as thin as it's been in years and it seems there's more bad news than good news lately. Two of our youth teams start training next week and at the moment it's unclear whether none, one, or both will be without a coach. So like...I get that there's still a lot of summer left, but we were already in a tight spot at the start of the summer, it's a month later and things look like they've got worse since then...that doesn't mean we'll be utterly ruined, but there's some reasons to be really concerned tbh.

So, I guess I'd be curious to hear what others think. When is the last time things looked this messy for the first 1/3rd of the summer? How did the following season turn out?

I know it’s easy to ask others to do some work but starting to read your post and username I got an idea: How about one of your surveys, strictly transfer (window) related? There’s a lot of potential question both to past and present, as well as future expectations...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:03 pm

MUTU wrote:Why had they taken us for a ride years ago announcing the star signing only for that to be a flop lame social networking experiment?

Can you imagine the rioting if they pulled that off now haha?

I see why Firefox is positive but I think it’s a fool’s hope tbh. It’s technically correct but practically speaking, we know how the club works. We always finish our transfer business very early on. We also know who our targets are, because they haven’t made a secret of it, and we know we’re not getting any of them it seems, so we’re going to be left scrambling as time passes. Then many clubs also want to finalise their squads asap, especially since the English window started closing early, so they’ll be even more reluctant to sell.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:[quote="RedQueen"]
What "knee-jerk posts"? Maybe you should add to the forum rules that pointing out deficiencies is unwanted in this forum. On here we're supposed to hold our hands and circle dance and sing Kumbayah.

"pretty darn strong"?

Here, lemme help you:

You always set the bar high. Everyone take note of this awesome trolling! :lol:[/quote]

Hey I‘ll fully admit to it being trolling, but you seem pretty clever, so put yourself in my place: from my perspective YOU started to troll... You cannot be serious?! Pretty darn strong is a CL competing squad... As it stands we are probably about to let Leipzig overtake us...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Why had they taken us for a ride years ago announcing the star signing only for that to be a flop lame social networking experiment?

Can you imagine the rioting if they pulled that off now haha?

I see why Firefox is positive but I think it’s a fool’s hope tbh. It’s technically correct but practically speaking, we know how the club works. We always finish our transfer business very early on. We also know who our targets are, because they haven’t made a secret of it, and we know we’re not getting any of them it seems, so we’re going to be left scrambling as time passes. Then many clubs also want to finalise their squads asap, especially since the English window started closing early, so they’ll be even more reluctant to sell.

Yup, result being us ridiculously overpaying for crap...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 pm

#12 wrote:
Hey I‘ll fully admit to it being trolling, but you seem pretty clever, so put yourself in my place: from my perspective YOU started to troll... You cannot be serious?! Pretty darn strong is a CL competing squad... As it stands we are probably about to let Leipzig overtake us...

I have come around a bit. I probably won't troll for in the near future but I do understand everyones concerns. When I remembered how pissed I was we missed on Alexis Sanchez I was close to losing my mind, now I just wanna be chill. If losing Robbery can't spark some impetus in our board then nothing will. On top of guys like Lewa, Alaba and Thiago whose deals run through 2021 the board will have to make some moves to show those guys in their twilight or heading to their twilight that they want to beat the best. Or else we risk losing out on just simple transfer signings to a full blown exodus. Its happened before with the likes of Ballack and Hargreaves so its not completely unfounded.

Edit: Yea I sounded pretty doom and gloom but these implications are why I think the board are serious. If I can put this together I am sure the higher ups at Bayern can see it.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:18 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
#12 wrote:

I have come around a bit. I probably won't troll for in the near future but I do understand everyones concerns. When I remembered how pissed I was we missed on Alexis Sanchez I was close to losing my mind, now I just wanna be chill. If losing Robbery can't spark some impetus in our board then nothing will. On top of guys like Lewa, Alaba and Thiago whose deals run through 2021 the board will have to make some moves to show those guys in their twilight or heading to their twilight that they want to beat the best. Or else we risk losing out on just simple transfer signings to a full blown exodus. Its happened before with the likes of Ballack and Hargreaves so its not completely unfounded.

The exodus has already begun, as a matter of fact it’s expanding... I am pretty confident to say you can put any number, in 202x you will not see us reach a CL final or even semifinal... We are worse than after 2001, because back then we got two great prospects in Deisler and Ballack... We were eliminated in the group stages, and hey, here’s the parallel to Brazzo and Kovac!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby longeleven » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:50 am

Kabak is coming (he was planned from Jan)

At wing, it seems Sane is just a joke but we have more serious approach on Dembele and Barca is easier to negotiate than meh shity.

If in 15th August we have Kabak, Dembele and 1 more midfield (CHO/Gundogan/Carrasso) I think we have a good transfer window.

Next year will be Kai and free Werner or/and free CHO (if he will not come this summer).
longeleven
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:44 am

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:15 am

Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:03 am

OK, 4 new players but not a DM on the list?
1 defender, 1 or 2 wingers and?

It's not like we don't need more than that, but a DM with quick legs is a crucial part of the team. Why they don't look to players like Torreira, Brozovic, Rice or Ruben Neves? They will definitely not cost 80m.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Hardrade » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:42 am

- Uli, it seems that we are failing to sway Rodri to our side. And Atletico is still refusing to accept our proposal to pay his fee in twenty installments.
- Oh, we didn’t need him anyway. No worries, Brazzo is already typing in “Best bundesliga talents who can play there (compilation 2019)” on youtube.
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News