You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Your favourite winger signing?

Pulisic
30%
Bailey
18%
No one: renew Robbery
8%
No one, renew Robben
1%
No one, renew Ribery
1%
Someone else
42%

Total votes : 79

Re: 2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Firefox1234, I appreciate that you want to remain positive, but really this could turn out to be a big mess.

On one hand you have media reports and an interpretation of Uli's statement that Bayern won't venture much more, or anything at all, for the rest of the window that actually hasn't even opened yet, except to sell even more players.

On the other hand we are still being linked with Sane, with Dembele, with Kabak... so, I don't know what to believe.

What worries me most is not related to quality but more to do with the quantity. Not a day passes by for a while that I don't hear fresh rumours about players leaving. Today, I read about Boateng and Sanches again, and also that Davies and Arp are intended for FC Bayern II next season. If we sell Boateng, Sanches and 'relegate' Davies and Arp, we wouldn't even have enough players for the matchday squad even if everyone was fit. I mean, what the heck is this? I've never seen this problem at any club anywhere. Anywhere. To put things into perspective: after having practically their whole squad killed, Chapecoense had 36 players in their squad the following season.

Ah! Some good posts thanks!

First of all don't even take those "rumors" seriously. Trusting these so called ITKs is about as useful as using the sound of a mouse fart to predict the chances of a WW3. Hell! Its about as reliable as taking Donald Trump's statements as facts, or probably any politician for that matter. You say it yourself "I don't know what to believe." and your right we really don't. We are a blind man walking in a maze and no matter how hard we try we have little knowledge of the inner workings of Bayern to make any real concrete statements. I see all this worrying being equivalent to paying interest on debt you will never have to pay back. The only thing I choose to remotely give a semblance of thought over is what guys like KHR, Uli, and co say directly but even then they are probably BS-ing half of it. When you are in a market doing negotiations the most important thing is information so why would Bayern leak something so crucial to their plans and overall future? Just so the fans can sleep easy at night? I am not that naive.(I think) We are still very early in the process and in times like these cooler heads prevail.

It's because we as fans have been lied to by this management for so long we've lost trust in them. Where are the signings that Bayern supposedly had already done? Why did Hoeness blatantly lie to us? Why had they taken us for a ride years ago announcing the star signing only for that to be a flop lame social networking experiment? Is it not fact that the squad size keeps shrinking year after year despite that we keep having problems with multiple injuries at the same time that leaves us short-handed? Where is the money actually going to, considering that clubs with much lower revenue than us are consistently spending more money than us whilst in full accordance with FFP? I'm sorry, but at this point they have to first re-earn my trust. And they should do that with actions not with lies.

In the meantime, I'll take the mouse fart over Uli's promises.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Firefox1234, I appreciate that you want to remain positive, but really this could turn out to be a big mess.

On one hand you have media reports and an interpretation of Uli's statement that Bayern won't venture much more, or anything at all, for the rest of the window that actually hasn't even opened yet, except to sell even more players.

On the other hand we are still being linked with Sane, with Dembele, with Kabak... so, I don't know what to believe.

What worries me most is not related to quality but more to do with the quantity. Not a day passes by for a while that I don't hear fresh rumours about players leaving. Today, I read about Boateng and Sanches again, and also that Davies and Arp are intended for FC Bayern II next season. If we sell Boateng, Sanches and 'relegate' Davies and Arp, we wouldn't even have enough players for the matchday squad even if everyone was fit. I mean, what the heck is this? I've never seen this problem at any club anywhere. Anywhere. To put things into perspective: after having practically their whole squad killed, Chapecoense had 36 players in their squad the following season.

Ah! Some good posts thanks!

First of all don't even take those "rumors" seriously. Trusting these so called ITKs is about as useful as using the sound of a mouse fart to predict the chances of a WW3. Hell! Its about as reliable as taking Donald Trump's statements as facts, or probably any politician for that matter. You say it yourself "I don't know what to believe." and your right we really don't. We are a blind man walking in a maze and no matter how hard we try we have little knowledge of the inner workings of Bayern to make any real concrete statements. I see all this worrying being equivalent to paying interest on debt you will never have to pay back. The only thing I choose to remotely give a semblance of thought over is what guys like KHR, Uli, and co say directly but even then they are probably BS-ing half of it. When you are in a market doing negotiations the most important thing is information so why would Bayern leak something so crucial to their plans and overall future? Just so the fans can sleep easy at night? I am not that naive.(I think) We are still very early in the process and in times like these cooler heads prevail.

It's because we as fans have been lied to by this management for so long we've lost trust in them. Where are the signings that Bayern supposedly had already done? Why did Hoeness blatantly lie to us? Why had they taken us for a ride years ago announcing the star signing only for that to be a flop lame social networking experiment? Is it not fact that the squad size keeps shrinking year after year despite that we keep having problems with multiple injuries at the same time that leaves us short-handed? I'm sorry, but at this point they have to first re-earn my trust. And they should do that with actions not with lies.

Never said it will easy I just said its the practical thing to do, but at least unlike most your posts are not charged purely by emotion(for the most part). You have seen how Uli, KHR, and co have run Bayern for the past decade, do they look like capricious fellows to you? Do you think they would enact moves on the squad without a bit of foresight? I am not saying these men are infallible but they have shown their worth at the very least. My speculation is that they are taking into consideration not just this window but future windows. I think we will get another truly world class player first then focus on other areas of depth as the offseason progresses. A world class squad isn't built in one window, stuff like that only occurs in video games. I think Uli highlighted this point by saying that we are not measured by our signings.

I'm sure if Bayern wanted to they could spend silly like some EPL teams do and during that off season you would praise Uli for fulfilling his promises. But soon reality would set in. These "signings" which were made in a knee jerk or panicky fashion don't pan out and guess what you and the rest of us(yes, including me)will call for heads to roll for gross mismanagement. Our anger or dissatisfaction comes from not knowing what is going on. Do you believe if Uli or KHR called you up personally and laid down their plans for Bayern you would feel this unsure and or disgruntled? No. You would be telling all of us to calm down because you already know whats up. Like I said, Im not saying these men are infallible but they do deserve some credit for the work they have done. All our concerns stem from the fact that we know nothing. In most cases that is a dangerous thing but in this context not so much.

Believe me, I wished many times this board would loosen the purse strings and just splurge. When Alexis Sanchez was available I was pissed we didnt pull the trigger but look at what we have now. The guys legs are shot and he hasn't looked like a world class player let a lone an average one. Since then I prefer a more calm approach cause it showed me that I know nothing. Your concerns are valid I feel them too, and their is no perfect way to run a club but I have a lot of respect for what KHR and Uli have done for this club past, present, and future. Also tbh in a couple weeks or more maybe when they sign Sane or another big name like the press seems to be in on lol I will be looking forward to the complete 180 many here will do.

Btw not everyone who is doom and gloom makes knee jerk posts but the ones that do I will point out. Criticism is the bedrock to self improvement but empty criticism edges closer to cynicism in my book.

Edit: Also remember this place after the treble of second place finishes after the 11/12 season. Tbh the vitriol and anger now doesn't even compare imo. :lol:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Firefox, read my even more critical edit please as you replied to the previous version. Unfortunately it's gotten to a point where if the board were to call me up with their plans I would expect to be underwhelmed and be criticising them on the phone. If not, I would probably not believe them. I have been a Bayern fan for a very long while and I have never seen Bayern sign a truly world class player unless he was already living in Germany.

At this point, however, the quality is not near enough to my biggest concerns. Thing is, I'm pretty certain that Bayern won't buy the 10 (at least) players I feel we need to buy.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:54 pm

Perhaps put it like this.

At this point - compare to previous summers. Are we doing better or worse?
I don't mean the summer as a whole, just up to this point. Just to make it nice and round, we'll just say the month of June, since our season ended May 25.
Look at 2017/2018. How does June 2019 compare to June 2018? June '17, '16, '15, etc? Better, or worse?

Yes, I know there's plenty of time left, but looking back, I'm struggling to find a start of the summer that's went as poorly as this one has so far.
If this summer's gone better so far, how? In what ways? If it's gone worse, surely that's cause for worry, no? This is supposed to be our biggest window in ages, arguably the most important in years, and so far it's looking worse (up to this point) than any in recent memory. Just being "as good" as the past few years is not good enough; we really have needed Summer 2019 to be above-and-beyond better than any of the recent years. So the fact that it's arguably off to a much worse start than any of those previous years is very concerning. Yes, there's time, but we're basically saying that we expect (and need!) the club to do more - and better - than previous years - in less time.

There's just so much work to do. Our preseason starts in what, 2, 3 weeks now? Our squad is as thin as it's been in years and it seems there's more bad news than good news lately. Two of our youth teams start training next week and at the moment it's unclear whether none, one, or both will be without a coach. So like...I get that there's still a lot of summer left, but we were already in a tight spot at the start of the summer, it's a month later and things look like they've got worse since then...that doesn't mean we'll be utterly ruined, but there's some reasons to be really concerned tbh.

So, I guess I'd be curious to hear what others think. When is the last time things looked this messy for the first 1/3rd of the summer? How did the following season turn out?
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 pm

I'll actually compare it to the last match of the season. The squad we had then was considerably better in my eyes than what we have so far. We've witnessed 10 departures of players who had made the matchday squads (with a further 3 planned) and so far signed only 3, one of which being a player who spent a lot of time in the stands this season for a 2. Bundesliga squad without being injured or suspended.

So, OK, we have a replacement for Hummels in the form of Lucas, and a replacement for Boateng* in the form of Pavard. Arp is the replacement of... Evina? Now where are the replacements for Friedl**, Meier, Rafinha, James, Jeong, Ribéry, Robben, Sanches* & Shabani*? And what happened with management conceding that the squad size was too small last season? And why does it seem that FC Bayern II have also gotten weaker despite having to play in a higher division? Are we trying to get them relegated immediately?

FC Bayern II departures: Jeong, Meier, Friedl, Lange, Strein, Jelisic, Koenig, Pudic, Fein*** and Evina***
FC Bayern II arrivals: a bunch of U19 players and Tillman returned from loan

* providing they'll leave
** I believe the only player who took part in the current EURO U21 tournament
*** arrived back from loan and loaned back out immediately
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm

aterford wrote:Perhaps put it like this.

At this point - compare to previous summers. Are we doing better or worse?
I don't mean the summer as a whole, just up to this point. Just to make it nice and round, we'll just say the month of June, since our season ended May 25.
Look at 2017/2018. How does June 2019 compare to June 2018? June '17, '16, '15, etc? Better, or worse?

Yes, I know there's plenty of time left, but looking back, I'm struggling to find a start of the summer that's went as poorly as this one has so far.
If this summer's gone better so far, how? In what ways? If it's gone worse, surely that's cause for worry, no? This is supposed to be our biggest window in ages, arguably the most important in years, and so far it's looking worse (up to this point) than any in recent memory. Just being "as good" as the past few years is not good enough; we really have needed Summer 2019 to be above-and-beyond better than any of the recent years. So the fact that it's arguably off to a much worse start than any of those previous years is very concerning. Yes, there's time, but we're basically saying that we expect (and need!) the club to do more - and better - than previous years - in less time.

There's just so much work to do. Our preseason starts in what, 2, 3 weeks now? Our squad is as thin as it's been in years and it seems there's more bad news than good news lately. Two of our youth teams start training next week and at the moment it's unclear whether none, one, or both will be without a coach. So like...I get that there's still a lot of summer left, but we were already in a tight spot at the start of the summer, it's a month later and things look like they've got worse since then...that doesn't mean we'll be utterly ruined, but there's some reasons to be really concerned tbh.

So, I guess I'd be curious to hear what others think. When is the last time things looked this messy for the first 1/3rd of the summer? How did the following season turn out?

MUTU wrote:Firefox, read my even more critical edit please as you replied to the previous version. Unfortunately it's gotten to a point where if the board were to call me up with their plans I would expect to be underwhelmed and be criticising them on the phone. If not, I would probably not believe them. I have been a Bayern fan for a very long while and I have never seen Bayern sign a truly world class player unless he was already living in Germany.

At this point, however, the quality is not near enough to my biggest concerns. Thing is, I'm pretty certain that Bayern won't buy the 10 (at least) players I feel we need to buy.

To avoid a double post I'll respond to both of you.

When I look at a squad I focus on its foundations. Who are those anchor players the club cannot do without for their particular style or system and does the club have enough of them or any at all? The players I consider anchor or foundation players I will add an "(A)"next to their names

GK: Neuer (A), Ulreich, Früchtl

Defense: Alaba (A), Kimmich (A), Sule (A), Pavard, and Lucas (A), Boateng

Midfield: Thiago (A), Tolisso (A), Goreztka, Martinez (A), Sanches

Forwards: Lewandowski (A), Muller (A), Coman, Gnabry, Davies

*I don't consider Boateng an anchor since he seems to be leaving

When I look at the squad I see a good foundation to build a truly elite team. A solid defence to sure up the back, a midfield filled with a variety of specialized and well rounded player and an attack led by a dominant striker and young prospects with near unlimited potential. I definitely believe one more world class signing in the forward position is a must but overall I see a healthy squad for where we are right now in the offseason. Most will only look at this and only see a very thin squad. I see a squad filled with unlimited potential with the right work put into it. Factor in potential future additions like Werner and Havertz who most likely will join next season gives us an even more solid foundation. I think the board see this and thats why we are having a bit of a clear out.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:09 pm

The quality of the best XI does not matter if the rest are mostly going to be amateurs who spent this season playing in the 4th division. You could choose a world XI, give them Kovac, our training procedures, our aggressive opponents and our witch-doctor and they wouldn't get very far.

When Neuer is injured, we play Ulreich.
When anyone of our back four gets injured, Pavard will get to play. If two are not available, we're screwed. If three are not available (we HAVE been there), we're doomed.
When Coman or Gnabry get injured, we play Davies.
When Lewandowski or Mueller get injured, I'm not sure what we're going to do.

The only place I haven't mentioned is central midfield, because we're OK there. But of course we're considering letting Sanches go, because why not screw up that position as well?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Yeah, basically.
The senior team is weaker than the one that finished the season.
The U23 team is weaker than the team that finished the season.
The U17/U19 teams are currently trying to figure out if none, one, or both of them will need to bring in a new coach before training starts next week.

So again, yeah, there's time, but realistically in order for this summer to success we'd need to (at minimum):
-Sort out the coaching situation with the U17/U19s within the next few days
-Bring in some more talent to fill out the U23s and ensure they stay up (though with Seb Hoeness at the helm I'm not optimistic; that's another issue though)
-Add starting-quality players to the senior team (I'm still thinking at minimum a winger, a DM, and a CB)
-Add rotation or depth players to the senior team - which should probably include another wing option, an attacking midfielder (could argue we need a starting-quality one though I tihnk Havertz is probably the plan), a fullback, etc... All in all, I think the senior team needs to be able to add 5, 6 players minimum before kicking off the season and that seems like a tall ask right now.

Is that all gonna get done in two months (let alone by the time preseason starts)?
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48 pm

If we get "5 or 6 players", I'll still consider this a thin squad.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Rule changes in 2019/20: Handball, penalties, substitutions, the wall and more [source]

Key Highlight
Substitutions

The number of substitutes in a Bundesliga Matchday squad will increase from seven to nine. However, only six per team will be allowed to warm up at the same time. As in other competitions where extra-time can be played, a fourth substitution will be allowed in the Bundesliga play-off should an additional 30 minutes be required in the second leg.

However, perhaps the most noticeable change is how substitutions are made. Designed to prevent players ‘wasting’ time by leaving the pitch slowly at the halfway line, a player being substituted must now “leave the field by the nearest point on the touchline/goal line (as with an injury). A player who infringes this law can be sanctioned for unsporting behaviour i.e. delaying the restart of play.”

Exceptions to this rule include when “the referee indicates the player can leave quickly/immediately at the halfway line or a different point because of safety, injury etc.” Such scenarios could include safety/security issues or if the player is leaving on a stretcher. However, the player must go immediately to the technical area or the dressing room.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:11 pm

The change to 9 reserves is the thing that i like the most. I'm a fan of the big squads. :roll:
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:The number of substitutes in a Bundesliga Matchday squad will increase from seven to nine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Earlier I was talking about how challenging it will be to have 7 professionals on the bench and now they changed the maximum to 9

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:The number of substitutes in a Bundesliga Matchday squad will increase from seven to nine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Earlier I was talking about how challenging it will be to have 7 professionals on the bench and now they changed the maximum to 9

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think at most we make 4/5 signings tops and let the youth have a shot in the first team, but yea it appears to be pretty daunting. However, an absence of news especially good new doesn't mean nothing is going on behind the scenes.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I think at most we make 4/5 signings tops and let the youth have a shot in the first team, but yea it appears to be pretty daunting. However, an absence of news especially good new doesn't mean nothing is going on behind the scenes.

Taking into consideration our persistent injury woes, if we only want to have senior players in the matchday squad for all matches next season, we should be looking into doing a minimum of 11 further signings during the upcoming transfer window. And we all know that's not going to happen.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:28 pm

MUTU wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:I think at most we make 4/5 signings tops and let the youth have a shot in the first team, but yea it appears to be pretty daunting. However, an absence of news especially good new doesn't mean nothing is going on behind the scenes.

Taking into consideration our persistent injury woes, if we only want to have senior players in the matchday squad for all matches next season, we should be looking into doing a minimum of 11 further signings during the upcoming transfer window. And we all know that's not going to happen.

11 is pretty darn huge even if we get the bad case of injury bugs. Thats an entirely new first team added to the squad. At that point I would be concerned of our squad harmony with so many new faces coming in.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News