You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Your favourite winger signing?

Pulisic
30%
Bailey
18%
No one: renew Robbery
8%
No one, renew Robben
1%
No one, renew Ribery
1%
Someone else
43%

Total votes : 80

Re: 2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:19 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:24 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:31 pm

So, we'll have 5 defenders and 4 goalkeepers in the squad. At this point, we should just loan out the few players we have left in the squad and skip a whole season. Can we do that?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:46 pm

MUTU wrote:So, we'll have 5 defenders and 4 goalkeepers in the squad. At this point, we should just loan out the few players we have left in the squad and skip a whole season. Can we do that?
We can also count Manu as a defender...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:17 pm

MUTU wrote:So, we'll have 5 defenders and 4 goalkeepers in the squad. At this point, we should just loan out the few players we have left in the squad and skip a whole season. Can we do that?

Would have the upside that Kovac can take the vacant position of U19 coach, so they don't have to start training without a coach on Monday. That's one problem solved.

This summer window is such a huge mess, whether it's about the A team, the amateurs or the U19.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:27 pm

RedQueen wrote:This summer window is such a huge mess

WOE IS ME!!! What is happening to my club! We are in June and the window for transfers is about to close and we have no prospects like AT ALL! WOE IS ME! My beloved club is ruined. Pray we survive avoiding relegation next season! WOE IS ME!!!

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:37 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

WOE IS ME!!! What is happening to my club! We are in June and the window for transfers is about to close and we have no prospects like AT ALL! WOE IS ME! My beloved club is ruined. Pray we survive avoiding relegation next season! WOE IS ME!!!

Has trolling and baiting other users become a prerequisite for moderators lately?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:39 pm

RedQueen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

Has trolling and baiting other users become a prerequisite for being appointed a mod lately?

Have knee-jerk posts been seen as a bonus to add to ones CV?

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:48 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:WOE IS ME!!! What is happening to my club! We are in June and the window for transfers is about to close and we have no prospects like AT ALL! WOE IS ME! My beloved club is ruined. Pray we survive avoiding relegation next season! WOE IS ME!!!

Has trolling and baiting other users become a prerequisite for being appointed a mod lately?

Have knee-jerk posts been seen as a bonus to add to ones CV?

What "knee-jerk posts"? Maybe you should add to the forum rules that pointing out deficiencies is unwanted in this forum. On here we're supposed to hold our hands and circle dance and sing Kumbayah.

If you think I'm writing knee-jerk posts and undue negativity, go visit https://forum.fcbayern.com/, so you get an idea of the general perception in Germany.
Last edited by RedQueen on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

Firefox1234, I appreciate that you want to remain positive, but really this could turn out to be a big mess.

On one hand you have media reports and an interpretation of Uli's statement that Bayern won't venture much more, or anything at all, for the rest of the window that actually hasn't even opened yet, except to sell even more players.

On the other hand we are still being linked with Sane, with Dembele, with Kabak... so, I don't know what to believe.

What worries me most is not related to quality but more to do with the quantity. Not a day passes by for a while that I don't hear fresh rumours about players leaving. Today, I read about Boateng and Sanches again, and also that Davies and Arp are intended for FC Bayern II next season. If we sell Boateng, Sanches and 'relegate' Davies and Arp, we wouldn't even have enough players for the matchday squad even if everyone was fit. I mean, what the heck is this? I've never seen this problem at any club anywhere. Anywhere. To put things into perspective: after having practically their whole squad killed, Chapecoense had 36 players in their squad the following season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:01 pm

RedQueen wrote:What "knee-jerk posts"? Maybe you should add to the forum rules that pointing out deficiencies is unwanted in this forum. On here we're supposed to hold our hands and circle dance and sing Kumbayah.

If you think I'm writing knee-jerk posts and negativity go visit https://forum.fcbayern.com/, so you get an idea of the general perception in Germany.

First of all I appreciate dissenting opinions but saying stuff like "this summer is a disater" in JUNE for heavens sake is knee jerk at its finest. Also the tired old "Whataboutism" fallacy to deflect criticism from your actions is boring as it is unoriginal. We are in June and the window is yet to open and here you are preaching doom and gloom. I don't like it here, I don't like it on twitter, reddit, or any other platforms Bayern fans converse. However, people are free to voice their opinions but don't expect me to treat it kindly(but still within the boundaries of good taste). Give low quality opinions and I respond with low quality replies.

The fact that many Bayern fans have taken up this doomsday mentality when first of all the squad is pretty darn strong with a great foundation. Second, its still June and a lot of big players and clubs are yet to make their moves. Third, these sports "journalists" who peddle nothing but a drivel of nonsense for your clicks to fuel their ad revenue are being taken way to seriously. Lastly, the powers that be that have managed this club have done a pretty damn good job of it and deserve patience at the very least. You don't have to like them but you at least should acknowledge the club has been well managed and stayed competitive with Europe's best for the past decade or so and I see no reason to doubt why that can't continue. Come late August and things look sour or the situation hasn't improved I will not only admit my wrongs but also join you in your doomsday talk.

Keep calm, and trust the process.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:03 pm

We're talking about THIRTEEN outfield players for Bayern. You're supposed to have 7 players on the bench, 6 of which outfield players. We will have enough players for 3 outfield players on the bench from our senior team, and that's assuming 0 injuries and 0 suspensions, something that hasn't happened since 2012 I believe. And we're told Davies and Arp are for FC Bayern II? How can they play for FC Bayern II and be on the Bayern bench on the same day? And even if they could, we'd still be one player short.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:03 pm

About these budget figures given by Sportbild: The 220.8m liquid reserves apparently are taken from the business report 2017/18, so everything that happened since then in terms of revenues and expenses (including transfers) is unaccounted for in that number.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:06 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Keep calm, and trust the process.

Sorry, I'm beyond that myself as well. We've seen our squad size shrink season by season and we're at a point where we will need to struggle to manage to have 11 professionals on the pitch for every match this season.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 pm

MUTU wrote:Firefox1234, I appreciate that you want to remain positive, but really this could turn out to be a big mess.

On one hand you have media reports and an interpretation of Uli's statement that Bayern won't venture much more, or anything at all, for the rest of the window that actually hasn't even opened yet, except to sell even more players.

On the other hand we are still being linked with Sane, with Dembele, with Kabak... so, I don't know what to believe.

What worries me most is not related to quality but more to do with the quantity. Not a day passes by for a while that I don't hear fresh rumours about players leaving. Today, I read about Boateng and Sanches again, and also that Davies and Arp are intended for FC Bayern II next season. If we sell Boateng, Sanches and 'relegate' Davies and Arp, we wouldn't even have enough players for the matchday squad even if everyone was fit. I mean, what the heck is this? I've never seen this problem at any club anywhere. Anywhere. To put things into perspective: after having practically their whole squad killed, Chapecoense had 36 players in their squad the following season.

Ah! Some good posts thanks!

First of all don't even take those "rumors" seriously. Trusting these so called ITKs is about as useful as using the sound of a mouse fart to predict the chances of a WW3. Hell! Its about as reliable as taking Donald Trump's statements as facts, or probably any politician for that matter. You say it yourself "I don't know what to believe." and your right we really don't. We are a blind man walking in a maze and no matter how hard we try we have little knowledge of the inner workings of Bayern to make any real concrete statements. I see all this worrying being equivalent to paying interest on debt you will never have to pay back. The only thing I choose to remotely give a semblance of thought over is what guys like KHR, Uli, and co say directly but even then they are probably BS-ing half of it. When you are in a market doing negotiations the most important thing is information so why would Bayern leak something so crucial to their plans and overall future? Just so the fans can sleep easy at night? I am not that naive.(I think) We are still very early in the process and in times like these cooler heads prevail.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News