You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

How many players should Bayern sign if we assume that Cou, Boa, Javi and Odriozola are leaving?

One.
No votes
Two.
9%
Three.
36%
Four.
27%
Five.
18%
More than five.
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: 2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:46 pm

At this rate I can see the board recalling Ribery and Robben in winter once Gnabry or Coman get badly injured :coffee:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:53 pm

This is why I'm totally against big revolutions.

If you let 10 players go, you need to sign 9-10 new players unless you have a very good youth setup which is clearly not our case at the moment. In addition to that we have one of the most injury prone squads in the world so ideally we would need a bigger squad

We are letting plenty of valuable players go. Most of them are old and past their prime, but they are still good and can add something to the team. Getting rid of those kind of players is not ideal because they usually leave for cheap and any replacement of the same quality would be much more expensive just because of age.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

2019/20 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:19 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:At this rate I can see the board recalling Ribery and Robben in winter once Gnabry or Coman get badly injured :coffee:

Had to check my calendar again when I saw your post. Unless mine is different from yours, you do know we are in mid-June?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:This is why I'm totally against big revolutions.

If you let 10 players go, you need to sign 9-10 new players unless you have a very good youth setup which is clearly not our case at the moment. In addition to that we have one of the most injury prone squads in the world so ideally we would need a bigger squad

We are letting plenty of valuable players go. Most of them are old and past their prime, but they are still good and can add something to the team. Getting rid of those kind of players is not ideal because they usually leave for cheap and any replacement of the same quality would be much more expensive just because of age.

I tend to agree. I think in isolation some of these transfers make sense, but at the same time is lacking context.
Is Hummels aging and probably in decline? Yes. Is 30.5m minimum a good fee considering we paid 35m and got three good seasons? Sure. But on the other hand....can we replace Hummels quality *right now* with that 30.5m? I think Kabak shows promise, but he's almost guaranteed to be a step down. And so even if a replacement like Kabak is signed, it's more quality going out than is coming in. Perhaps he will blossom and be better down the road, but part of good squad planning is assembling a team with a balance of "now" quality and "then" quality. Selling Hummels and replacing with Kabak *might* help "then" but I'm not sure it does now.

Of course that's a very specific example but I think the principle is largely applicable in many situations. There are a lot of players who are perhaps getting a higher wage than they should and aren't playing up to it and are perhaps declining. However, we must understand that the player we already have is almost always cheaper than the player we have to buy to replace them with - both in fee (the market is increasing further) and wages (a fresh contract penned in 2019 will likely be paying as much or more than a 3,4-year old contract in 2019), so I think the cost savings range from negligible to a net loss. I think of a player like Boateng. I think most agree he's declined yet he's currently making something like 10-11m ish per year gross wage. And a lot would say that's overpaid, which is perhaps true. But how much is a Boateng-level replacement going to cost? Lucas is supposedly making 13m-ish and someone like de Ligt is said to be fielding offers of 20m+. Again, looking at Kabak: he could be cheaper in wages short-term, but if he's good enough to be a long term Boa/Hummels replacement, once his first contract is up he'll undoubtedly expect to make more than 10, 11m/year. And again, don't get hung up on the specific names, just the principle.

So yes, you do have to renew the squad. But at the same time if you can determine which veteran players can still contribute, are willing to accept a perhaps non-starting role, and willing to remain, you should make an effort to keep them.

Of course another consideration I think is chemistry too. Big turnover in the squad as a whole (or in "units) can cause some troubles too, I think, so you really don't ideally want to change a ton at once, rather gradually and consistently.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:37 pm

I like to be positive. But it's hard to the bad history our board has. I'm so close to panicking and I shouldn't because the transfer window is far from closing. I'll take a deep breath and try to relax. =P~
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:47 pm

kod2600 wrote:I like to be positive. But it's hard to the bad history our board has. I'm so close to panicking and I shouldn't because the transfer window is far from closing. I'll take a deep breath and try to relax. =P~

That’s a very healthy and rational way to go about it!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby longeleven » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:56 am

I think most of negative feeling is not how many player we buy or sell.

It is all about the way our board working in this period of time.

Uli's choice of words, whenever he open his mouth with press and media, we have 1 more reason to hate him, no matter how great he was in the past.

Brazzo's method on transfer/negotiation (if he ever has one) fuc-k all the targets we aim for. We looks like a bunch of clowns in the market, only looking for young cheap and crap players.

KHR is least harm but he is like doing nothing at the moment, he wants to keep James but Kovac push the boy away without any hesitate.
He wanted to get rid of Boateng 2 years ago but Kovac came and kept that rapper then the rapper stay and destroy both club and himself more than anyone else in the team.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby r10 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:39 am

YlonenXabi wrote:At this rate I can see the board recalling Ribery and Robben in winter once Gnabry or Coman get badly injured
Be calm, with our board we can lease-back Hummels and get Goetze for Lewandowski exchange in January window :twisted:.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:22 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:At this rate I can see the board recalling Ribery and Robben in winter once Gnabry or Coman get badly injured :coffee:

Had to check my calendar again when I saw your post. Unless mine is different from yours, you do know we are in mid-June?

I know Firefox. And to be honest I trust our board and I still think they will pull off some good transfers in the end

However I cannot deny that I'm starting to worry a little bit. We are still in mid june, but plenty of clubs have already been very active in the transfer market. And take a look at this quote

"Now, we have to do something on the transfer market, and then I'll go on vacation with my family," Rummenigge recently told FAZ

It is from late may, KHR himself said we had to do something before he went on vacation with his family. And since then instead of buying reinforcements we are letting more players go :?
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby longeleven » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:25 am

Upheaval, my friend. They mentioned about it millions times before. Upheaval.

If we got 1 dollars whenever our board say "upheaval" in their interview, we may have enough money to buy Mbappe now.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fifa » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:45 am

longeleven wrote:I think most of negative feeling is not how many player we buy or sell.

It is all about the way our board working in this period of time.

Uli's choice of words, whenever he open his mouth with press and media, we have 1 more reason to hate him, no matter how great he was in the past.

Brazzo's method on transfer/negotiation (if he ever has one) fuc-k all the targets we aim for. We looks like a bunch of clowns in the market, only looking for young cheap and crap players.

KHR is least harm but he is like doing nothing at the moment, he wants to keep James but Kovac push the boy away without any hesitate.
He wanted to get rid of Boateng 2 years ago but Kovac came and kept that rapper then the rapper stay and destroy both club and himself more than anyone else in the team.

yes Kale is the only one who makes sense here ! Uli is talking nonsense ...he is talking only about money which is very annoying ! if you don't want to pay 100 mln euros for world class then get the hell out ! there is no other way around it today ...that's the market ...Kale seems to understand that pretty well but obviously he ain't the major factor deciding the trasnfers...so basically we don't want to buy DE Ligt , Griezmann and the likes becuase of being too expensive ...well , how on earht are you going to compete with Barca, Real and the english sides who spend 100 mln euros on a player even without thinking about it ...look at Liverpool - both 2 world class players like VVD and Alisson for a lot of money and now won CL easily ...I don't know why this guy Houness as wayyyyy to stingy and rigid with money matters ...jusr spend a lot of money on good players and you are all set for years to come ...we need 2 world class signings to get competitive ! if it was up to me I would buy DE LIGT and Sane , Grizemann or some other good winger immediately ...
fifa

Postby longeleven » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:10 am

Because in the past, football history witness Leeds United, Fiorentina etc. Even BvB nearly bankrupt and gone forever for spending more than they earn.

Bayern and the board learn!

You comparing with Real and Barca while they are so much different compare to Bayern. They earn way too much than Bayern, and even if they don't have enough money to buy shit, they can loan from bank and be OK with that...if things go harder, they can even sell their properties to the their city/goverment, like training facilities/grounds/stadium and hire it to use with 1 dollar/euro per year - those are things Bayern can't do.

EPL clubs, they have unlimited money source from their owners and ofc TV money, which is vastly higher than Bundesliga or any other league in the world. You don't need me to talk about that. There's 12397342340123812 articles in many form talked about it already.

We don't have that kind of owners and TV money.

Money Bayern earn, from selling, sponsor, tickets, awards, broadcast etc don't give you the right to buy a 100m player without any doubt/hesitate.

You must accept and live with it if you are Bayern's fan. :mrgreen:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:22 am

YlonenXabi wrote:However I cannot deny that I'm starting to worry a little bit. We are still in mid june, but plenty of clubs have already been very active in the transfer market. And take a look at this quote

Plus Bayern are well known to always settle transfer business very early on... we make transfers late in the summer when it's extraordinary circumstances usually (very difficult negotiations like Martinez, Robben suddenly becoming available, serious injury early in the season...)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fifa » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:29 am

longeleven wrote:Because in the past, football history witness Leeds United, Fiorentina etc. Even BvB nearly bankrupt and gone forever for spending more than they earn.

You comparing with Real and Barca while they are so much different compare to Bayern. They earn way too much than Bayern, and even if they don't have enough money to buy shit, they can loan from bank and be OK with that...if things go harder, they can even sell their properties to the their city/goverment, like training facilities/grounds/stadium and hire it to use with 1 dollar/euro per year - those are things Bayern can't do.

EPL clubs, they have unlimited money source from their owners and ofc TV money, which is vastly higher than Bundesliga or any other league in the world. You don't need me to talk about that. There's 12397342340123812 articles in many form talked about it already.

Money Bayern earn, from selling, sponsor, tickets, awards, broadcast etc don't give you the right to buy a 100m player without any doubt/hesitate.

if the reply was up to me - sorry , I don't accept that as a viable answer ! you can't be in top 3-4 earning clubs in the world then refuse to spend a 100 mnl on world class player ...it doesn;t make sense whatsoever! if we don't buy a world class player this summer Houness needs to go ! that's the way it is ....Kale and Kahn seem to understand that pretty well ...Houness is being wayyy to stingy with money Bayern has on disposal ...either you invest in top class or just get out ....that's it
fifa

Postby longeleven » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:35 am

fifa wrote:
longeleven wrote:Because in the past, football history witness Leeds United, Fiorentina etc. Even BvB nearly bankrupt and gone forever for spending more than they earn.

if the reply was up to me - sorry , I don't accept that as a viable answer ! you can't be in top 3-4 earning clubs in the world then refuse to spend a 100 mnl on world class player ...it doesn;t make sense whatsoever! if we don't buy a world class player this summer Houness needs to go ! that's the way it is ....Kale and Kahn seem to understand that pretty well ...Houness is being wayyy to stingy with money Bayern has on disposal ...either you invest in top class or just get out ....that's it

I guess it is easier for you to post on man city or barca/real forum :mrgreen:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News