You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Generic Transfer Thread

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Your favourite winger signing?

Pulisic
41%
Bailey
20%
No one: renew Robbery
6%
No one, renew Robben
1%
No one, renew Ribery
No votes
Someone else
32%

Total votes : 69

Re: 2018/19 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Hardrade wrote:And Pulisic is desirable because...?

Sweet lemons, sour grapes. This club has to stop being so damn complacent...

Coman is the only proven player among the four mentioned. Davies could turn out great - but we’ll have to wait a bit.
Meanwhile, we were too cheap about Martial and too lazy about Malcom. But no, it seems that our fans prefer players who are “integrated into the league” or similar bullshiit over obvious top-talents. We are becoming the fans KHR and Ulli couldn’t hope for even in their dreams. :evil:

If you haven't noticed, Bayern do sign a lot of players that are used to the Bundesliga, German or not. That actually is a very good strategy because not all players can integrate when they arrive in Germany, esp. South American players. The latest was Douglas Costa and many have been before him. If Bayern wanted Malcom that much they would've signed him weeks ago. It's not about being cheap IMO as you say, it's about being smart. We don't need too many players fighting for playing time. That always creates problems for managers. We have our wings set for next season, like it not.

Pulisic would be a great transfer for Bayern, in every aspect. Talent wise and marketing. Not sure it will happen as I think he wants to play in the EPL. Pulisic would be my dream transfer next summer.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Exactly my only fear is the EPL gold ...

Imagine the impact having Davies and Pulisic a Canadian and a US international ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:06 pm

gumboduncan wrote: Pulisic would be my dream transfer next summer.

Yeah, everything is pushed down the line at this club now :roll:

This should be the new club motto instead of Mia San Mia, i.e Next Summer.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:22 pm

What do you want us to do? Kidnap him? He's not available now and he's not going anywhere this summer. Next summer he'll 100% leave if he doesn't extend his contract. It all depends on him.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Pulisic. Signing him after Davies would most likely make us the most popular club in North America by a stretch, for many years to come.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:13 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Re: Pulisic. Signing him after Davies would most likely make us the most popular club in North America by a stretch, for many years to come.

Debatable. I still think the numbers would speak largely in favour of the Premier League.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Re: Pulisic. Signing him after Davies would most likely make us the most popular club in North America by a stretch, for many years to come.

Debatable. I still think the numbers would speak largely in favour of the Premier League.

It's difficult to measure these things of course but Bayern have made great strides the past few years just by opening an office in NYC, having active US-based social media accounts and playing there. And Julian Green. Imagine how much more of a difference potentially having both the US's and Canada's superstars playing for us would make, especially at a time when they will be gearing up for a world cup.

One article I found says that in the last few years alone the number of Bayern fan clubs in America has grown from 8 to 136. I don't know whether that number is reliable but for comparison Man United's website lists just over 200 official fan clubs around the world and only 2 in the US.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:51 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby xevi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 pm

A good winger would be welcome but we already have 7 midfielders and 4 wingers. I think they only contemplate this if boateng would leave
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:53 pm

---------------- Lewandowski
-- Martial -------------------------- Coman
------------------- Tolisso
Alaba ---- Thiago ------ de Jong ----- Kimmich
----------- de Ligt -------- Süle
-------------------- Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:18 am

Whether we believe it or not that Kicker article makes sense, it has been years since we have entered the market for real and not searching for bargains or last-year contract players to get a discount. Robbery will leave next summer, Pavard will come whether Boateng stays or not and this year you could say that we "save money" since we're not spending at all and I'd say that savings will go for Pulisic. The Yankee despite being a very good,fast and technical player is a goldmine on marketing level, he opens a door that is locked for almost every club.

Robben out - Davies in
Ribery out - Pulisic in
Pavard in and maybe a left-back too

It doesn't sound so extremely off unless Pulisic becomes the Bundelisga MVP pulling out unreal consistent performances we can sign him.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:12 am

Effe on buli in general and also gives his views on the sale of vidal , Muller 's performances and Boateng's transfer wish

https://twitter.com/eMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 73728?s=19
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 am

ramsej84 wrote:Maybe you don't like Pulisic for other reasons ... who knows?
To shit on a player like Pulisic is non sense...

Unproven? How many Rakias did you take yest?

You’ll have to be more direct, it’s a bit undignifying this way. And I don’t drink rakia.

Pulisic is a mystery to me in the same sense that Brandt was - promising, yes, but definitely not so spectacular so that whole community obsesses over him as the next grand arrival. I ask why?

It just seems to me that we focus too much on BuLi players and too little on other markets, so the criterias and evaluations tend to be distorted.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Achilles » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:47 am

Hardrade wrote:You’ll have to be more direct, it’s a bit undignifying this way. And I don’t drink rakia.
Pulisic is a mystery to me in the same sense that Brandt was - promising, yes, but definitely not so spectacular so that whole community obsesses over him as the next grand arrival. I ask why?
It just seems to me that we focus too much on BuLi players and too little on other markets, so the criterias and evaluations tend to be distorted.

The best U-19 player by far is Mbappe, the next one is Pulisic. For his age he is by miles the best offensive player we have seen since Gotze. His potential is huge and currently I can say that he would make more impact to our team than Robben or Ribery. I wouldn't say that if he was 22-23 years old but he is very young and he has shown that he can penetrate defenses at ease, something we lack enormously individually offensively.

Even outside Bundesliga which young player is better than Pulisic? Gabriel Jesus, Ousmane Demble, Malcom? Hardly... mind that all of them are 2 or 3 years older(so does Sane,Coman) imagine if Pulisic with his technique and vision was here as long as Coman, he would thrive. I'm not saying he is already a beast(like Mbappe) or would take us to the next level but he definitely has a high ceiling to get equal or surpass Robbery in the future of course he may end up a Podolski or Gotze but that applies to any U-21 talent out there. For me Pulisic is worthing the gamble of 60-80m transfer fee since established world-class wingers worth double that amount nowdays.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Effe on buli in general and also gives his views on the sale of vidal , Muller 's performances and Boateng's transfer wish

https://twitter.com/eMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 73728?s=19

Hopefully Kovac and the board think the same about Müller.
---------------- Lewandowski
-- Martial -------------------------- Coman
------------------- Tolisso
Alaba ---- Thiago ------ de Jong ----- Kimmich
----------- de Ligt -------- Süle
-------------------- Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext