You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:45 am

I don't think so. If that was the case they would be more likely to loan out Green himself.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't think so. If that was the case they would be more likely to loan out Green himself.

Green is still exceptionally young, he could do a lot of growing with Shaqiri's current playing time while a Shaqiri is at the age where he needs to play more regularly to improve significantly.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Shaqiri flattered by Liverpool links: I'll listen to offers [source]

Spoiler: show
Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri has admitted he is flattered by reported interest from Liverpool and insists that "you have to listen to the offer" when "top clubs" come calling.

The Switzerland international has been used sparingly by boss Pep Guardiola during the 2013-14 campaign, with the 22-year-old facing a tough battle with the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, Mario Gotze and Thomas Muller to break into the starting XI.

The former Basel star, who joined Bayern at the start of 2012, has been linked with an Allianz Arena exit with Liverpool, Juventus and Napoli all having been reported as potential destinations in recent times.

And, when quizzed about the speculation on his future, he told Goal: "When you hear these names, of course you have to listen to the offer, but there is nothing concrete.

"I cannot say anything to this. I am feeling good in Munich but as a player you have to listen, if one of these top clubs is interested.

"I hear the interest from Borussia Monchengladbach for the first time. You have to ask Gladbach. I cannot say anything."

Asked his thoughts on his favoured league in European football, Shaqiri insisted he remains happy in Germany but that the Premier League and Serie A would be of appeal.

He added: "Bundesliga is the best league for me, but I also like the Premier League and Serie A. In Serie A many teams have developed well with nice players."

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Grimnir » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:25 pm

It'll be sad if he does leave us, and I hope if Shaq goes out on loan that there will be a chance that he'll return to become more integrated in our lineup. I also hope it doesn't mean that bring in another midfielder, because we really don't need it at this point. That said, if he does go I hope that we do start to take a better approach to giving some our youths more playing time. Hojbjerg especially. Every chance he gets make me think I'd like to see more of him, and there have certainly been matches where we could afford to give him that experience. And considering Götze has frequent bouts of being the disappearing man, I think it'd be good to give Hojbjerg the opportunity to at least be subbed on a little more frequently.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Shaqiri to BvB on loan?
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:59 pm

^ Nothing new there. It's linking to the same article you yourself posted two days ago ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:02 pm

MUTU wrote:^ Nothing new there. It's linking to the same article you yourself posted two days ago ;)

:oops: :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BavarianBarbarian » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Shaqiri to BvB on loan?

It's the other Borussia. :P
Julian Green for President of the United States
BavarianBarbarian
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Shaqiri's agent told Blick: "He's 22 years old and so needs to play continuously and at Bayern Munich this is not possible. We'll see what happens in summer. If clubs like Inter, Liverpool, Manchester United or other big clubs confirm their interest, we will listen to their offers." [source]

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:39 pm

I guess it was only a matter of time, would be sad to see Shaqiri go after such a short time at Bayern but i guess it cant be helped....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:00 pm

Loan him to Liverpool. I'd be very happy with that.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Loan him to Liverpool. I'd be very happy with that.

At this point, I doubt he'd accept to go on loan. Bayern have Ribery, Robben, Götze, Thiago and Müller on contract for 3 more seasons. The fact that Bayern bought Thiago (on top of Götze) was a real vote of no-confidence in Shaqiri by Guardiola and the board. If he goes on loan, chances are that he'd return to the bench when he comes back the following season unless something magical happens. And if something magical does happen, he'd probably still prefer to remain.

He'll push for a transfer, I'm quite sure of this.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:12 pm

You're probably right, but I believe that in that case Bayern should be stubborn and refuse to sell, unless it's an incredibly good deal. Not that they will do it of course, as we've seen with other players in the past.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Shaqiri should move to England to Liverpool because they are really good team, they have one prospective squad and play the best football in England.

Last week Xherdan told to press that he'd be very flattered of Liverpool's interest and surely he can imagine himself at Anfield.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby jrm13 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:16 am

This pisses me off :evil: I've been a big fan of him since his days at Basel and I (maybe slightly biased, but still...) think he hasn't been given enough of a chance here. He has shone in many of his short appearances, and despite his occasional flop (which who doesn't have, after all?) his skill as well as his hunger and drive are there. I guess we need to accept that his departure is inevitable though :( I'm going to miss him and I think Bayern will too.
jrm13
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion