You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:50 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JJJ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Good for Bundesliga.
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:56 pm

This is something I can imagine to realize. Since both Götze and Thiago have arrived to Munich, Shaq can't even get playing time from his first season at the club and this is just what would be win-win situation for all sides, both Gladbach, Shaqiri and Bayern.

In Borussia he will me a the most important thing in their game, a player which Borussia lost after Reus departure to Dortmund.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm with loaning him on three conditions:

1) They pay 100% of his salary
2) Have a clause that allows Bayern to bring him back from loan at any time
3) No fixed-price buying clause.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:18 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm with loaning him on three conditions:

1) They pay 100% of his salary
2) Have a clause that allows Bayern to bring him back from loan at any time
3) No fixed-price buying clause.

MUTU for President! :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:25 pm

At this point, his career at Bayern is pretty much over if we send him out on loan.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:29 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:At this point, his career at Bayern is pretty much over if we send him out on loan.

Sad but likely true :(
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BavarianBarbarian » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:24 pm

I'd hate to see him leave. He's such a likeable player. This is one of the cons when you have so much talent in your squad.
Julian Green for President of the United States
BavarianBarbarian
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JJJ » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Loan = to come back when there won't be Robbery anymore?
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:52 pm

A loan now is the only way we can realistically hope to see him here in the long term.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Loaning him makes no sense, he's been here for too long and he's already a matured player anyway. In today's world you can't even call him a young talent anymore.

After this much (play)time we should have a fairly good idea whether we wanted to keep him or not. It seems to me like the management doesn't really see him as a future replacement for Robbery, however they just can't really get themselves to make the decision of selling him...so they are basically just delaying it.

If he goes out on loan, we are most likely getting Draxler, which means Shaqiri is probably never returning.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:36 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:Loaning him makes no sense, he's been here for too long and he's already a matured player anyway. In today's world you can't even call him a young talent anymore.

After this much (play)time we should have a fairly good idea whether we wanted to keep him or not. It seems to me like the management doesn't really see him as a future replacement for Robbery, however they just can't really get themselves to make the decision of selling him...so they are basically just delaying it.

If he goes out on loan, we are most likely getting Draxler, which means Shaqiri is probably never returning.

I disagree. I think the management want him to stay. Ignore his recent bad performances. He's usually played very well when called upon. The problem is that he's never really gotten a chance to play regularly because Robbery are here.

I think the issue is this: the management want Shaqiri to replace Robbery eventually, but Shaqiri will not wait so long. This is why I see a loan as a solution. Shaqiri gets to play regularly (and probably improve) for 1-2 years, while Bayern will still have him once Robbery eventually retire. Meanwhile Shaqiri knows that he has a direct ticket to one of the European superpowers.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 am

But he's already playing regularly. How is he not? Can he really expect to start in every game with our squad depth? Our squad depth will not change with or without Robbery, so in a few years he still can't expect to start every time, like even Robbery don't start every time right now. I think he's playing a reasonable amount at the moment, it's not like he's sitting on the bench for weeks on end. He was very unlucky with his injury this season that's all.

I still can't see us go into next season without a replacement if he goes out on loan.

I think he's in a tricky place, where he's too good to just be sold ("we are not a sellers club"), but not good enough to directly take the risk of keeping him as a Robbery replacement. That's why we are hoping if we send him out on loan he'll do well for Gladbach.

But then again he's been playing CL football for a few years now (with Basel and us), so in terms of experience Gladbach is not really a step up. I think if he does well in Gladbach he'll not want to come back.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Ruht » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:04 am

Maybe the board have some other idea? Green might be given a chance next year and play more games. I'm all for sending Shaqiri out on loan for one year as it will do him plenty of good.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:30 am

Ruht wrote:Maybe the board have some other idea? Green might be given a chance next year and play more games. I'm all for sending Shaqiri out on loan for one year as it will do him plenty of good.

That is a good point! If management believe Green is as good as we think he is they might want him to get more playing time next season if Shaqiri leaves...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion