You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby Die teufelshunde Bär » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Shaq better be staying put, to much talent and he's playing the system extremely well... If he leaves i'm gonna dick punch someone, probably a Man U fan for no apparent reason!
Die teufelshunde Bär
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby brickwall281 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:45 am

If Shaq leaves I will fly to Munich and kick Sammer where it hurts
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iraq
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:09 pm

brickwall281 wrote:If Shaq leaves I will fly to Munich and kick Sammer where it hurts

brickwall281 wrote:IF MANDZO LEAVES I WILL FLY TO MUNICH WITH A BAZOOKA AND BLOW PEPS HEAD OFF!

Dude, at this rate, you'll be getting a lot of flying miles this season. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby brickwall281 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:27 am

tflags wrote:
brickwall281 wrote:If Shaq leaves I will fly to Munich and kick Sammer where it hurts

brickwall281 wrote:IF MANDZO LEAVES I WILL FLY TO MUNICH WITH A BAZOOKA AND BLOW PEPS HEAD OFF!

Dude, at this rate, you'll be getting a lot of flying miles this season. :P

I'd still do it
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby Bazi » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:01 pm

quaazi wrote:I see Robben's future as a "free role" player, thanks to his ridiculous pace and technique. But that's a role that would've suited the direct latter-days style of Jupp, not Pep right now (and this has nothing to do with passing or whatever). Shaq, I agree, is a far more multi-dimensional option on the right winger slot.

I realize this post is a couple of weeks old but actually Robben seems to be in stunning form under Guardiola. It reminds me of the 2010 Robben and it is probably because of the system changes and the 1-2 instead of 2-1 central midfield.

Shaqiri is going to have a very hard time. He's still producing too many turnovers, on the left wing he's still years behind Ribéry, CAM doesn't really exist anymore and we haven't really seen much of him on the right wing from Heynckes or Guardiola. I assume because he's not better than Robben or Müller there. I can't really see him ahead of Kroos, Thiago and Götze on the offensive #8 but maybe he can get some playing time there.

The early pre-season looked promising for Shaqiri but right now he's as far away from the first team as last year.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Bazi wrote:
quaazi wrote:I see Robben's future as a "free role" player, thanks to his ridiculous pace and technique. But that's a role that would've suited the direct latter-days style of Jupp, not Pep right now (and this has nothing to do with passing or whatever). Shaq, I agree, is a far more multi-dimensional option on the right winger slot.

I realize this post is a couple of weeks old but actually Robben seems to be in stunning form under Guardiola. It reminds me of the 2010 Robben and it is probably because of the system changes and the 1-2 instead of 2-1 central midfield.

Shaqiri is going to have a very hard time. He's still producing too many turnovers, on the left wing he's still years behind Ribéry, CAM doesn't really exist anymore and we haven't really seen much of him on the right wing from Heynckes or Guardiola. I assume because he's not better than Robben or Müller there. I can't really see him ahead of Kroos, Thiago and Götze on the offensive #8 but maybe he can get some playing time there.

The early pre-season looked promising for Shaqiri but right now he's as far away from the first team as last year.

Robben's stellar form may displace a lot of players, even Muller is finding it hard to get a place. Its a long season and anything could happen but at this rate Shaqiri will definitely be further down the pecking order....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:20 pm

According to some weak sources, this week Arsenal will discuss a potential bid with FC Bayern for Xherdan Shaqiri. [source]

This rumour seems to originate from Swiss sources, but hasn't been picked up by the more reliable sources so far.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:08 pm

It seems that Arsenal have already bid 15 million euros for Shaqiri, who Bayern had bought for 12.

Guardiola: "Shaqiri is not for sale, and in any case 15 million euros are not enough to make us consider letting him go."

According to other sources, Bayern may be holding out for 20-22 million euros. [source]

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Its good to see Pep thinks highly of Shaqiri, hopefully that translates into playing time in the future....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:58 pm

After that whole umlaut o fad, I'm expecting Arsenal fans to take steroids to match his muscle mass if this transfer goes through (it won't).
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Bazi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Is there another source for this Guardiola statement? The German media knows nothing about it, transfermarkt.de knows nothing about it so for the moment I assume this is bogus.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:47 am

Bazi wrote:Is there another source for this Guardiola statement? The German media knows nothing about it, transfermarkt.de knows nothing about it so for the moment I assume this is bogus.

You're right. I guess Italian media has gotten so bad these days, they're even fabricating quotes :(
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:31 am

Happy 22nd birthday Xherdan Shaqiri!

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:07 am

HAHAHA! That picture is hilarious! :lol:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Zigehh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:41 pm

I read on some portal that he got injured on friday and he wont play against Slovenia and that he is already on his way to munich...
Zigehh
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion