You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby Cathe » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 am

I quite like the idea of Shaq being nearby but i'd much rather he stay at Bayern.
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby dambun » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:13 am

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if we loan him out to Bayer Leverkusen.... I'm sure they'll be interested: they need some attacking quality after the leave of Schuerrle... Shaq can develop there really well because
1. they have a very young squad.
2. they play in the CL
3. their counter-attacking playing style suits a player like Shaq's attributes...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! For 20m they can feel his biceps! :lol: :lol:
Can't see tweet? Click here!

I disagree. That's a fantastic offer for us, but we shouldn't sell him anyway.

If Thiago is bought, a loan to Liverpool sounds nice. He'll get lots of playing time and Liverpool will get a great player to help them try to get back to the CL.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Will Shaq's ego accept a loan though? I don't mean this in a negative sense at all - an ambitious player might be more likely to simply try his luck in a different setting at this point.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:43 pm

I think Guardiola will use him, even as a LB. Might sound crazy but remember my words. Guardiola loves young talents.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby lau03143 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:52 pm

He will not use Shaqiri as a left back.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Achilles » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:56 pm

If Pep decides to sell Shaq(I highly doubt it) I won't calm down even if we win the treble again!
Shaqiri is pure class,young,he had a double double last year even he wasn't a starter,he is our next Ribery and he has all the package for success in Bayern shirt,simple as that,Shaqiri must stay,Pep needs to work with Shaq and develop his skills.

P.S:I could see Shaq to go out for a loan to a top club but that's all.As a loan with a very very high buy clause,I prefer the Swiss to stay here but I'm just sayin'
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby raz25 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 pm

We'll just have to see how this season goes. Everybody 'starts' from zero with the new coach and all that, so everybody will want to impose themselves in the starting 11.

At the end of the season somebody will not be satisfied with the playing time, that's a given. One or more of Mandzukic/Robben/Shaqiri/Kroos/Thiago/Gustavo/Boateng will definitely leave. In any case, the obvious bets are Gustavo and Robben, not Shaq.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:40 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:He will get playing time...I am sure of that.

Pep loves working with his type of youngsters...just think of Pedro who got 3x more playing time than Villa.

yeah, but who is our "Villa"?
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:57 pm

I can see him being our false 9 to be honest, but I doubt it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:40 pm

He's been a critical member of our pre-season games so far, so I expect Pep to have some plans for him this season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:08 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can see him being our false 9 to be honest, but I doubt it.

Same here, he has the dribbling, the technique and the creativity to play a false 9 but the plus side he has on Gotze is that he is faster and physically stronger. Going by Messi's example a false 9 is often double teamed by the CB's and you need a good centre of gravity to be able to stay on your feet and still be effective.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I can see him being our false 9 to be honest, but I doubt it.

Same here, he has the dribbling, the technique and the creativity to play a false 9 but the plus side he has on Gotze is that he is faster and physically stronger. Going by Messi's example a false 9 is often double teamed by the CB's and you need a good centre of gravity to be able to stay on your feet and still be effective.

His only disadvantage compared to Gotze and especially Muller is height, but Messi has shown that that is not a major problem. Shaqiri is Messi's height I think.

On the other hand his physicality is a huge advantage.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:19 am

Well, apart from Kroos, Xherdan is also an ideal player to leave our club.

TZ already writing about rumour and transfer to Liverpool.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Jorge » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:21 pm

FCB general wrote:Well, apart from Kroos, Xherdan is also an ideal player to leave our club.

TZ already writing about rumour and transfer to Liverpool.

If he goes on loan (and he should) I prefer a BL team. If he goes to England his development could go in a different direction related to what Bayern needs and if he succeeds he might not come back.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion