You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:15 pm

No way Ribery still has what it takes in my opinion and is still a notch ahead of all of Bayern's wingers. With the with the likely departures of DvB and Tymo he adds some necessary exp to the starting XI. Pep will have to infuse a good balance of rotation to keep players happy especially in the first month or so of the new season. But if Bayern win the UCL and play in the Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup a lot of rotation will be needed to keep players happy so lets all pray for the best :D
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 am

It's really tough to predict because all of our current forward players (Ribery, Robben, Muller, Kroos, Mandzukic, Goemz,, Gotze and even Shaqiri) deserve to play regularly. It gets more complicated if Lewandowski joins. We'll see who is still here by the end of the summer. Probably we will be seeing a different team out there every week.

To stay on topic, I hope Shaqiri gets more chances than he did this season. I think he is a bit underrated by Jupp.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:35 pm

I've read somewhere (can't remember) that Shaqiri might go on loan :shock: I personally don't see this happening, but it's worth a mention.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Achilles » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm

MoFattal wrote:I've read somewhere (can't remember) that Shaqiri might go on loan :shock: I personally don't see this happening, but it's worth a mention.

I hope no,even with this little chances he got this season,he showed class and discipline,Shaqiri is a world class winger in the making,he definetely must not go on a loan,my opinion.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Shaq fits in well :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mbahou » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:59 pm

* hahahha that made me laugh so much !!! great post, shaq is a good sub for little jake :p
mbahou
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB general » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 pm

MoFattal wrote:I've read somewhere (can't remember) that Shaqiri might go on loan :shock: I personally don't see this happening, but it's worth a mention.

That the greatest bullshit I've ever heard. :lol: :lol: :lol: Loan who's playing at Bayern great after one season. :lol:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:46 pm

I hope ppl know he has scored a goal in his last 3 games he has started....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 pm

he got enough playing time...probably even more than he thought he would get... 35 games...most of them from the bench but still nice number.

It would be nice for him to have a more important role in some other club...but he will gain so much from Pep...so he should stick around.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:24 am

While we have all been praising Robben, his replacement ;) has quietly scored 10 goals and provided 15 assists in 46 total appearences this season with 22 of them being substitutions! Great Job Shaqiri!!! :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby jrm13 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:45 am

Shaq is great. I've been singing his praises since he burst out with Basel a few seasons ago and was ecstatic when we finally signed him. I like you referring to him as Robben's replacement too. Can't wait to see the progress he makes in the next few seasons.
jrm13
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:59 am

Wow I did not know that his stats were so amazing =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:20 pm

I wonder how Shaqiri will fit into Pep's plans for next season. Anyone seen any information on this, or have some input. I know better than to rule out anything with Pep, and I hope he gets a little more time on the field. Depending on how leaves - or arrives - he could be in a real pinch for playing time. I would hate to see him rot and not get a chance, leave, and fulfill his potential elsewhere.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bazi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:27 pm

USBayernMunichFan wrote:I wonder how Shaqiri will fit into Pep's plans for next season. Anyone seen any information on this, or have some input. I know better than to rule out anything with Pep, and I hope he gets a little more time on the field. Depending on how leaves - or arrives - he could be in a real pinch for playing time. I would hate to see him rot and not get a chance, leave, and fulfill his potential elsewhere.

We all know very little about the way we're going to play under Guardiola. However Sueddeutsche Zeitung published an article that the theoretical formation is only slightly tweaked.

Thomas Müller ahead and Götze in the hole behind him shall form a fluid and versatile forward duo, flanked by Arjen Robben on the right and Franck Ribéry on the left.

Evaluating Müller as a striker and deciding not to buy Lewandowski this summer (that's what it looks like at least) means that we're back to last seasons status quo with five offensive players for three positions instead of six.

It'll be a long season with up to 60 matches so we'll need every player. How much Shaqiri will play depends as much on luck as his development under Guardiola's management.

Robben injured for 8 weeks like it happened a lot in the first half of the season in the past, Müller upfront with Götze and Shaqiri would be the natural replacement.

That all just assuming we're actually going to play this formation with Müller and Götze upfront.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:34 pm

I hear you on everything being uncertain at this point ... so much offensive talent, I just don't know how Pep is going to use it all and keep everyone happy. Jupp, with the help of injuries, was able to keep almost everybody on the field and keep everyone happy (it seemed). If Pep shakes things up - where is Kroos going to play - it will be hard to see how it all comes together. Now, the right amount of rotation, rest and injury (inevitable) will ease most of those concerns, but not all.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion