You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby MerryDianz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
@FCBayern: #Shaqiri zurück im Mannschaftstraining: „Mir geht’s wieder gut. Ich habe keine Probleme mehr“ http://t.co/bbUh3fHo http://t.co/t7Nbq4ov

In other words Shaqiri is back to full training, i would like to see Jupp play him in the Wolfsburg game. He needs some match time after being out for so long and he played very well against them last time Bayern played them.

Totally agreed on this one. People have much hope for Shaqiri. May he shines in glamor soon again.
If I really care. motor vehicle accident
MerryDianz
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby underdog » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 pm

I would like to see Shaq playing more. :(
underdog
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:41 pm

underdog wrote:I would like to see Shaq playing more. :(

He needs more CL exp before he stars regularly.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby hhhh4 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:32 am

shaq is the future wont be surprised if he gets a first team place under pep.
hhhh4
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Korea North

Postby Bazi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 am

I wonder where he's going to play under Guardiola

Ribéry's starting lineup spot is basically a given unless Guardiola wants a civil unrest on the ranks.

Mario Götze, Thomas Müller, Arjen Robben, Xherdan Shaqiri and Toni Kroos for two positions is just ridiculous unless he wants to play Müller or Götze as his CF / false nine.

I guess Shaq has a lot of questions for the management, too.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:37 am

Drop Kroos deeper and play with a false nine and suddenly you have plenty of space even if Robben stays (which seems pretty likely).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby samaj » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 am

Bazi wrote:I wonder where he's going to play under Guardiola

Ribéry's starting lineup spot is basically a given unless Guardiola wants a civil unrest on the ranks.

Mario Götze, Thomas Müller, Arjen Robben, Xherdan Shaqiri and Toni Kroos for two positions is just ridiculous unless he wants to play Müller or Götze as his CF / false nine.

I guess Shaq has a lot of questions for the management, too.

False nine is the way it seems, but dont forget that Shaqiri can also defend, who never know what Pep has in mind.
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:13 pm

If only LvG was there, Shaqiri would've been his fullback cover.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am

MoFattal wrote:If only LvG was there, Shaqiri would've been his fullback cover.

Well he has already played as LB a few times for Basel, so he'd have made him first choice since first day.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am

I see Gotze as Robben's replacement and not as a false 9.It will be a huge mistake from Pep trying a Barca No.2.
Bayern has an identity and I love classic strikers,this is they way it should be,this is the way we learned Bayern,Pep is smart enough to understand this.

Now about Shaqiri,you have realised that I have a huge respect for this guy's talent I'd like to see him as a starter but it seems Gotze is going for it(you just can't pay 37m for a bench player plus he is German) so if Robben leaves(I believe so) Gotze takes his place.
Muller can play many positions,I can see Mandzu and Muller as our main CF,Muller can play also as an SS,CF,AMF and RWF he is the perfect tool upfront.
Same goes for the Swiss he can replace easily Ribery as LWF and Gotze as a RWF,every player at the front except Mandzukic is a pluralist,he can play many positions(Ribery,Gotze,Muller,Shaqiri) everyone can be from a False 9 to a winger and No.10.

So if we assume Ribery has a starting place and Robben is leaving with a 4-3-3 the upfront trio can be Ribery(Shaq)-Muller(Mandzu)-Gotze(Shaq) so Shaqiri can be our replacement for at least 2 positions but if Robben's stays then it becomes very complicated and I really don't know what is going to happen,too much class and many players. We just don't know what Pep's plans are so we can't take for granted nothing.
But one thing is sure for Shaqiri,Pep loves him he is just the type of players he likes
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Bazi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 am

quaazi wrote:Drop Kroos deeper and play with a false nine and suddenly you have plenty of space even if Robben stays (which seems pretty likely).

Not going to happen anytime soon.

First we're probably buying Lewandowski and second Götze hasn't got the finish to play the position, yet.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Payam » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Bazi wrote:
quaazi wrote:Drop Kroos deeper and play with a false nine and suddenly you have plenty of space even if Robben stays (which seems pretty likely).

First we're probably buying Lewandowski and second Götze hasn't got the finish to play the position, yet.

He has got around 20 goals and 20 assists in all competitions this season y'know.
I think Mandzukic has got around 21 goals in total.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:56 pm

The way I see it, if we're going to continue with our current formation, Shaqiri will compete with Ribery on the left. I also assume Gotze will compete with Kroos in the middle and Robben will continue to compete with Muller on the right. I also think that Kroos will drop deeper at times. This leaves Mandzukic and Gomez to compete up top, with Gotze joining them at times.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Bazi wrote:

Hey, no one knows what's going on in Pep's brain! Not even... Squidward's house!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Meddler » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:40 pm

AssemFCB wrote:The way I see it, if we're going to continue with our current formation, Shaqiri will compete with Ribery on the left. I also assume Gotze will compete with Kroos in the middle and Robben will continue to compete with Muller on the right. I also think that Kroos will drop deeper at times. This leaves Mandzukic and Gomez to compete up top, with Gotze joining them at times.

I fully agree with you, although I believe Robben will leave the club. Therefore, our wingers will remain Franck, Xherdan and Thomas and Kroos will remain as our natural #10. Goetze will probably play in all attacking roles: #10, winger and perhaps #9 ou #9,5.

I wouldn't take Kroos out of the team. Not even Mueller. For me, they're are completely important. Maybe Ribéry gets relegated to the bench so Mario can make it to the starting XI.
Meddler
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion