You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:53 am

Very good piece on the Shaqiri transfer. Again, SI's Honigstein writing is top notch.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... n.shaqiri/
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:15 pm

I actually kinda liked some goal.com comment that said "Bayern lost the transfer battle with Reus, but won the transfer war with Shaqiri". I still don't agree that Shaqiri is suddenly miles above Reus, but I have completely forgotten about Reus by now.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Chalant » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Bayern paid 10 mill for this guy. Quite a bargain, considering that Dortmund got Reus for 17.5 mill..and they criticize us for spending a lot.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Alexander Frei said : " He does not like to hear that but I always tell him that , on the right wing you are going to have A Great career , but if you Decide to play as LEFT BACK , you are going to have a world class Career"
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Element wrote:Alexander Frei said : " He does not like to hear that but I always tell him that , on the right wing you are going to have A Great career , but if you Decide to play as LEFT BACK , you are going to have a world class Career"

Definitely the wrong club for him to try out as LB. Just ask Contento...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:49 pm

MUTU wrote:Definitely the wrong club for him to try out as LB. Just ask Contento...

he played many matches as LB for Basel
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCB general » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Stupid to even think about it...

Shaqiri is clear midfield player, a winger. Opposite of that, he would have played at Basel last 3-4 years only on LB position, but he didn't. I don't get it what Frei wanted to tell public with this week before our clash with him in CL. #-o

Not bad to think about it if we get ourselves in trouble and lose 4-5 players who can player fullbacks, but that's not going to happen. :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 am

I agree with Frei. I think he would fix all of our issues, he would be like our Dani Alves. Attacking fullbacks with a lot of STAMINA are so needed in today's game.

Specially because most of the wingers are now inside-forwards and therefore to continue having width you need players like Shaqiri and Lahm as fullbacks.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:10 am

Lahm------------------Shaqiri
----------Schweinsteiger------
Robben----Kroos---------Ribery
------------Gomez---------------

Mentioning just the attacking players, if Shaqiri would be capable of also defending well that would be just amazing. We'd be lethal from left, right and centre =P~ =P~

However I think the fact that he plays most games as a winger must mean something, and while I know that he can play as a fullback, he has never made me think that he should be a fullback and not a winger. So in emergency cases only. Rafinha is a great attacking fullback too :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby eliasov » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:17 pm

We allready have Lahm as Attacking Fullback , we need a Defensive fullback with him or our defensive Line will be a joke ...Shaqiri has 2 future as LB
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:03 pm

I know noone wants to hear this (I sure don't), but... Lahm is 28 and Shaqiri is 20... just saying.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Still, nobody talk what Shaqiri thinks about this Frei's comments and possiblity to play on LB. I think he would disagree with this LB solution. He has been used to play on the wings, so I'm not so sure he would be happy with this option of playing LB.

In case of using him as a LB, we didn't solve the problems with Rib & Rob. :|
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ojasmhatre » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:49 am

Shaqiri won't be used as Wingback, I don't know what problem you have with Rafinha, but don't forget we have Contento too who will turn 22 and Lahm plays like he could play till the end of time.

To keep it short and sweet he wasn't signed as defensive cover, the club and the player both intend to be used as an attacking player! The decision is futile!
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Feldy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 am

sch0ll7 wrote:But those statements Shaq made were really stupid...It is not like he signed for Stuttgart so he can say that...he signed for Bayern.
It would be like singing for Man Utd and saying "one day I want to play for Barcelona"...after Barca made their lifes miserable in the last few years.
He really is that stupid or he is just to straightforward :)

He really is just that straightforward :) Yeah, he really is straightforward, lol that's the right name for it, lol.

All he said was that he was a big fan of Barca since he was a kid, he never said he wanted to play for them.
Sorry this is just in German, maybe you use Google translations:
http://www.joggeli.ch/presseschau.cfm?c ... l&id=22357

Please don't believe what they say in the media. They tend to
hype everything.

He also said :"All of the Bayern Munich players would like to play for Munich until the rest of their lives."

"Alle Spieler des FC Bayern würden wohl am liebsten ihr ganzes Leben lang für Bayern München spielen."

He seems to love Bayern as much as he does Barca . As FCB general
said ::

FCB general wrote:FCB :arrow: FCB :arrow: FCB :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:
Feldy
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Feldy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Chalant wrote:Bayern paid 10 mill for this guy. Quite a bargain, considering that Dortmund got Reus for 17.5 mill..and they criticize us for spending a lot.

Shaqiri achieved 1/8 finals in CL. Götze and Reus?
Shaqiri achieved championship 2x and 1 cup title in his country.. Götze and Reus?
Shaqiri achieved a hattrick in EC qualification. Götze and Reus?
Shaqiri was WC participant at the age of 18.Götze and Reus?
Shaqiri is U21 vice- European Champion. Götze and Reus?

I know this is all quite provocative but Götze Reus or Hazard haven't demonstrated either that they are irreplaceable. Don't tell me the French league is sooooo good please. I stil lthink this is a myth.. All of them are big talents as Shaq is one of them :)

He was voted as one of the best Right midfielders of this year:

Right midfield
Xherdan Shaqiri (FC Basel 1893)
Arjen Robben (FC Bayern München)
Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund)
Gervinho (LOSC Lille Métropole/Arsenal FC)
Nani (Manchester United FC)

:D

http://www.90soccer.com/new-releases/vo ... year-2011/
Feldy
Hey, I'm new here!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion