You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 am

Shaqiri's thigh was measured. The result: it is bigger than Roberto Carlos' =P~

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/ ... 93583.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Cathe » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 am

...I thought he was kind of cute until I realised he was a midget! :?

(no offence to short people, I just tend not to find them cute because i'm quite tall and it's weird :lol: )
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby armbrust » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:16 am

So i guess this was the "Bomber" signing that Hoeness annunced. I would have prefereed oezil goetze or reus, but i guess for that prize its ok.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Feldy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:24 am

Tuxi wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
What about his behaviour? Does he act like a diva? Did he have problems with any coach? Did he get any red card?

The only thing that I don't really appreciate with him is that during the last season, he took the bad habit to drop too easily when the opponent touch him a little bit.... that's the matter when you play during to many years with Alexander Frei :roll:

Hahaha... I was reading YlonenXabis questions about Shaq yesterday but didn't have enough time for registering. Seriously, I was gonna say the exact same thing about Alex Frei and the diving as you did :lol:
hahaha, too funny.

I'm Swiss too and I can confirm everything you said about Shaq. His only bad behaviour is his diving at times. But in his defence I have to say that he really gets fouled a LOT, he was second most fouled player behind Ribery in CL so far.

He is not a diva, on the contrary he is a very down to earth guy, very laid back (off pitch of course :wink: ) I dont think you will ever have any problems of that sort with him. The only "negative" thing I have ever heard of him, was after they won the cup title with Basel and were celebrating on a balcony and Shaq burnt one of those red torches. Unfortunately someone took a picture of it, which was in the news paper next day, the police chief of Basel saw that picture and Shaq had to pay a fine of 500 Swiss Francs :lol:
http://bazonline.ch/sport/fussball/Pyro ... y/20886244
Feldy
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eliasov » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:46 am

Feldy wrote:
Tuxi wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
What about his behaviour? Does he act like a diva? Did he have problems with any coach? Did he get any red card?

The only thing that I don't really appreciate with him is that during the last season, he took the bad habit to drop too easily when the opponent touch him a little bit.... that's the matter when you play during to many years with Alexander Frei :roll:

Hahaha... I was reading YlonenXabis questions about Shaq yesterday but didn't have enough time for registering. Seriously, I was gonna say the exact same thing about Alex Frei and the diving as you did :lol:
hahaha, too funny.

I'm Swiss too and I can confirm everything you said about Shaq. His only bad behaviour is his diving at times. But in his defence I have to say that he really gets fouled a LOT, he was second most fouled player behind Ribery in CL so far.

He is not a diva, on the contrary he is a very down to earth guy, very laid back (off pitch of course :wink: ) I dont think you will ever have any problems of that sort with him. The only "negative" thing I have ever heard of him, was after they won the cup title with Basel and were celebrating on a balcony and Shaq burnt one of those red torches. Unfortunately someone took a picture of it, which was in the news paper next day, the police chief of Basel saw that picture and Shaq had to pay a fine of 500 Swiss Francs :lol:

Thanks a lot for the Post , Btw Diving became a part of the game maybe not a good part but heck even Robben and Ribery had some diving acts ...if he's a Smart diver who can win Penalties ''From time to time '' than i'm happy to have him :P

Btw he had great Celebrations :)

ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Greek Bavarian » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:16 am

The fact that he is very strong and has big muscles makes him look shorter.
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:02 am

MUTU wrote:Shaqiri's thigh was measured. The result: it is bigger than Roberto Carlos' =P~

But that's not possible! Roberto Carlos didn't have thighs, he had huge logs where his thighs should've been.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Greek Bavarian » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:23 am

MUTU wrote:Shaqiri's thigh was measured. The result: it is bigger than Roberto Carlos' =P~

From what I know it's not always good to have so big muscles. A lot of players became injury prone because of that.
But we all must admit that he looks more like a weightlifter than a footballer. :lol:
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 am

Feldy wrote:The only "negative" thing I have ever heard of him, was after they won the cup title with Basel and were celebrating on a balcony and Shaq burnt one of those red torches. Unfortunately someone took a picture of it, which was in the news paper next day, the police chief of Basel saw that picture and Shaq had to pay a fine of 500 Swiss Francs :lol:

Oh, he's going to be best friends with Breno then :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Zigehh » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Oh, he's going to be best friends with Breno then :lol:

You just can't stop it huh? :D
Zigehh
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:25 pm

If he likes to party hard, then Ribery will love him. Ribs will need a new best friend with van Buyten slowly backing to the sidelines.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Chalant » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:45 pm

What has his life got to do with anything? Its important that he plays well and gels with the team.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby lau03143 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Chalant wrote:What has his life got to do with anything? Its important that he plays well and gels with the team.

Most people when moving to a new home for work need a social circle. It's probably more so for young footballers with a lot of money to burn.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby appudds » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Xherdan Shaqiri has expressed his happiness with his transfer to Bayern Munich at the end of the season, and is determined to show that he can succeed at the Bundesliga giants.

The Basel star had long been linked with a move to the Allianz Arena, and Bayern announced on Thursday that they had reached an agreement with Shaqiri on a contract until the summer of 2016.

"It's not a normal move for someone to leave the [Swiss] Super League for such a big club. I am determined to prove my worth at Bayern and I'm ready for the competition for places," Shaqiri was quoted as saying by TZ.

"Half of Europe seemed to be interested in signing me, and a lot of things have happened in the past two to three years. A lot has been written about a potential transfer and I'm very happy that I have signed for Bayern."

The 20-year-old will stay with Basel until the end of the 2011-12 campaign, before moving to Munich in the summer transfer window for an undisclosed fee.
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Chalant wrote:What has his life got to do with anything? Its important that he plays well and gels with the team.

*cough*Ribery*cough*
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion