You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby eliasov » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:Here is an interesting thought I had. I thought I heard someone say this (AGES AGO, probably Element) that Shaqiri is capable of playing as a fullback. I know that he is being designed as a replacement for Robben or Ribery but think about potentially playing him as a fullback.

We all know hes extremely hard working because of his build he is also quite strong defensively. He is a good ball-winner. He has high stamina. He could become our very own Dani Alves. Imagine that having Lahm-Ribery on one side and Shaqiri-Robben on another.

And if one of Robbery gets injured we always can move Shaqiri up or put Muller there.

This way we also don't have to sell one of Kroos/Muller/Shaqiri when we eventually buy Goetze in a couple of years.

-----------------Neuer--------------
Shaqiri--Boateng--Badstuber--Lahm
-----------Kroos---Schweinsteiger----
Robben---------Muller----------Ribery
----------------Gomez-------------------

Move Gustavo / Kroos and Muller around if need be for a more defensive system.

also don't forget that we're linked we will Buy a deffender like Benni Hoewedes or Jan Vertonghen (Both versatile ) , and i think we'll must likely get Hoewedes . and i think he'll be our right deffender ...

as for shaqiri he's still young and a lot of wingers were converted to the wing back job (ex: Coentrao) TBH i haven't watched him enough to judge if he's that good in defence ..but all what i know that he has a great potential to developp and to be a world class winger probably a regular starter in our team ..
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AssemFCB » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:49 pm

I hope we sign him as well as Usami this summer. Buying Dries Mertens wouldn't hurt, considering Olic and Pranjic are probably leaving. If we buy these three, we should loan Usami out. For defense I hope we sign both Vertonghen and Howedes, thus allowing Van Buyten and maybe Breno to leave.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby hgb09 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Shaqiri's agent which is his brother also, said that his best destination this summer would be Bayern, however, he admitted that we have neither contacted Basel nor the player.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... an-shaqiri
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Mr.S » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Neither contacted him nor the player. The AGENT OR THE PLAYER.

Bayern has contacted Basel for sure. There has atleast been some initial interest or agreement to hold discussions at some date.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Yeah. And it's illegal to contact the agent or the player without first contacting the club. So the agent's words could be a bit of a clue for the more optimistic of us.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby eliasov » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Welcome to Bayern :)

ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:43 pm

quaazi wrote:Yeah. And it's illegal to contact the agent or the player without first contacting the club. So the agent's words could be a bit of a clue for the more optimistic of us.

Hoeness has contacted many players before he talks to the clubs :wink:
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby ojasmhatre » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:25 am

Bayern have an agreement with Basel, and it really looks like Shaqiri will be our first signing of the summer!
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby uzi716 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 am

What's your source?
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OhioFan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:28 am

Mr. Hanky the Christmas poo.
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:02 am

ojasmhatre wrote:Bayern have an agreement with Basel, and it really looks like Shaqiri will be our first signing of the summer!

Please post your source when you make such claims, otherwise your statement is not very credible :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby huknife » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Yea we have grown to not believe in good news due to recent events...
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ojasmhatre » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:52 pm

I am sorry, I dint complete the sentence. I meant Bayern have an agreement with Basel that they would talk to them first. And by the way the things look he most probably will be our first signing of the season. Sorry Mutu. But rarely has my news been proved false
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby eliasov » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 pm

ojasmhatre wrote:I am sorry, I dint complete the sentence. I meant Bayern have an agreement with Basel that they would talk to them first. And by the way the things look he most probably will be our first signing of the season. Sorry Mutu. But rarely has my news been proved false

Nerlinger in disguise ??
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:30 pm

ojasmhatre wrote:Bayern have an agreement with Basel that they would talk to them first

Unless you can provide a source, this will be considered pure speculation by yourself.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion