You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:06 pm

Greek Bavarian wrote:He is a young man and he will be very nervous in these matches. It's logical if he won't play good.

What, you mean like Reus was nervous and didn't play any good after that whole transfer saga? Oh... right...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Greek Bavarian » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Reus is 23, not 19 and played with us after his transfer to another team (BVB) not before his transfer to us.
You compare two totally different situations.
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby imicus » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Besides, according to the infos we heard after the deal was public this guy did not want to go to Bayern at all, as supposedly he was born in Dortmund and that was his only goal, so he had no reason to be specially nervous.
imicus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ojasmhatre » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:37 pm

Shaqiri's has been pretty consistent for the last two years, Bayern are already impressed by him. I doubt even if he has a terrible game and gets sent off, we will loose interest or refuse paying for him.

Everyone has a bad game ! Shaqiri will come to Bayern
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:59 pm

Thinking we will decide a player purchase based on his next performance against us is ludicrous. The decision process on a player is a long one and hardly based on "the weekend's performance." This is like saying we finally decided to buy Vidal based on his last performance against us which by that account should have made us pay him to actually stay in Leverkusen.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Cool we have a nickname for him (ninja turtle) even before he joined us.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby eliasov » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:50 pm

ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mr.S » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:04 pm

I cant believe you guys are ignoring the fact that over the Bayern have always considered going for players who have done well against us.

And this is not just 1 Match. 2 Matches of 90 minutes. If he has a bad match it will have an effect on the price. Just like The Neuer MU 1st leg match did.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ojasmhatre » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Performance against us will play a part, definitely but you cant blame him for underperforming against him. Cause there is a huge gulf in class in Basel and Bayern. He is nowhere near his best too. I think he should be signed and will be and the CL games wont make much of a difference
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby eliasov » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Mr.S wrote:I cant believe you guys are ignoring the fact that over the Bayern have always considered going for players who have done well against us.

And this is not just 1 Match. 2 Matches of 90 minutes. If he has a bad match it will have an effect on the price. Just like The Neuer MU 1st leg match did.

there is some examples Like Roy Makaay ! and also Shaqiri was impressive last season in the group stage ...
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ojasmhatre » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 am

Reports that Usami to leave in the Summer just adds to the speculation of us deciding to sign Shaqiri......Hope Usami stays too.
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby München Minded » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 pm

I am liking this! Love Shaqiri!
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 am

Here is an interesting thought I had. I thought I heard someone say this (AGES AGO, probably Element) that Shaqiri is capable of playing as a fullback. I know that he is being designed as a replacement for Robben or Ribery but think about potentially playing him as a fullback.

We all know hes extremely hard working because of his build he is also quite strong defensively. He is a good ball-winner. He has high stamina. He could become our very own Dani Alves. Imagine that having Lahm-Ribery on one side and Shaqiri-Robben on another.

And if one of Robbery gets injured we always can move Shaqiri up or put Muller there.

This way we also don't have to sell one of Kroos/Muller/Shaqiri when we eventually buy Goetze in a couple of years.

-----------------Neuer--------------
Shaqiri--Boateng--Badstuber--Lahm
-----------Kroos---Schweinsteiger----
Robben---------Muller----------Ribery
----------------Gomez-------------------

Move Gustavo / Kroos and Muller around if need be for a more defensive system.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ojasmhatre » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:39 am

Yeah you can but he is absolutely lethal on the flanks he could very well be our own CR7 he has the potential to be the best winger in the world! And I don't think any of Kroos, Muller or Shaqiri should leave when and IF we get Gotze!
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby uzi716 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:09 am

I think playing Shaqiri at fullback is a waste of his talent. Bayern would become too offensive because Robben wouldn't track back and Shaqiri would go forward. i just don't see the potential in that, but thats just my opinion.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion