You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

Looks like Bayern's job is just to observe transfers from Basel to other clubs and I don't see any results from monitoring Swiss players. Rodriguez moved to Wolfsburg, Xhaka and Shaqiri will also leave Basel and we need just to wait and see the answer in which direction.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby dambun » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 pm

I would be furious if BL clubs lose the prospect of signing Shaqiri and Xhaka....

And we should sign Shaqiri ASAP!.... God! we've been watching him for so long... long before his market value reach 5M... and now it's 12.5M... Such promising prospects need to be signed soon... before their reputation/market values increase so much.... That would be the super great transfer for us... Not that we pay like 25-30M for a player like Shaqiri someday!

I think he can be bought for 12-15M right now... and he's worth it... Please get him ASAP!
The likes of Usami need a lot more time and experience, until they become a realistic backup prospect for us, even as a backup....
Usami for example, needs to play for a couple of years in the BL first... A great club like us can not count on such quality to be its backup plan.... we need get Shaqiri while it's still a bargain!

Let's not forget that we have two glass-men as our star wingers.... Sooner or later it'll harm our success if we don't sign accountable backups soon....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby ojasmhatre » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:36 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/467/turkey/ ... clubs-have

What I said some hours ago has been confirmed ! Some other clubs(Bayern) have bid for Shaqiri. Hope he is coming to Bayern! Lets wait and Watch how things turn up
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:48 pm

What I find weird is that everyone seems to be in favour of this transfer and has painted him as our saviour. He's a decent backup, but I hope you guys aren't expecting too much from a guy who last season scored only 5 goals in a decisively weaker league than the Bundesliga. He is no Robbery. I would welcome him here but let us show caution or otherwise a lot of us may be disappointed at the end of the day...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ojasmhatre » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:51 pm

MUTU wrote:What I find weird is that everyone seems to be in favour of this transfer and has painted him as our saviour. He's a decent backup, but I hope you guys aren't expecting too much from a guy who last season scored only 5 goals in a decisively weaker league than the Bundesliga. He is no Robbery. I would welcome him here but let us show caution or otherwise a lot of us may be disappointed at the end of the day...

I agree he is just 20 though and something he is known for is not disapointing in Big games. I would take a risk with him and Usami
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:10 pm

I totally agree with dambun. It would be a bad thing after all that time watching him, thinking about possible move to Bayern, etc.

MUTU wrote:What I find weird is that everyone seems to be in favour of this transfer and has painted him as our saviour. He's a decent backup, but I hope you guys aren't expecting too much from a guy who last season scored only 5 goals in a decisively weaker league than the Bundesliga. He is no Robbery. I would welcome him here but let us show caution or otherwise a lot of us may be disappointed at the end of the day...

The point is MUTU, I personally don't expect miracles from Shaqiri or just like you mentioned, to be a Robbery. That's not what I expect, indeed, I expect from him to be an excellent solution for those 2 glassy stars. He possesses potential to become like Rib and Rob, but for me it's enough to take him before someone else do it. Better winger to replace Rib and Rob I don't see, and also so relatively cheap.

In general, he can't move to Bayern and start right away from the 1st minute of the match. No way until Rib and Rob are playing.

Shaqiri is just my first pick for their absence.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ojasmhatre » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:54 pm

FCB general wrote:I totally agree with dambun. It would be a bad thing after all that time watching him, thinking about possible move to Bayern, etc.

The point is MUTU, I personally don't expect miracles from Shaqiri or just like you mentioned, to be a Robbery. That's not what I expect, indeed, I expect from him to be an excellent solution for those 2 glassy stars. He possesses potential to become like Rib and Rob, but for me it's enough to take him before someone else do it. Better winger to replace Rib and Rob I don't see, and also so relatively cheap.

In general, he can't move to Bayern and start right away from the 1st minute of the match. No way until Rib and Rob are playing.

Shaqiri is just my first pick for their absence.

He is 20 and can play a lot of games for us and in multiple positions. He is strong doesn't get injured and most importantly he is down to earth. I hope Bayern can lure him or I really would be disappointed in the board. If you don't buy quality, you can not be a strong team. JH himself admitted we need to strengthen and not just the defense.
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mr.S » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Look we need a Winger who can play RW & LW,has less wages & comes under 15 Million odd. The winger has to be young,Superb quality as in the ability to perform anywhere near Robbery does when they are out. And ready to sit in the bench.

I dont see anybody better. Young,decently cheap,Good quality & ready to sit on the bench. 6 goals is no issue. How many goals does Ribery score anyway. Not a lot,yes this year he did score a lot but how many did he score last year. Shaqiri is not that decisive,his main strength is crossing & stuff.

Anyway who else?? We saw what happened with Downing & Young.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ojasmhatre » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Mr.S wrote:Look we need a Winger who can play RW & LW,has less wages & comes under 15 Million odd. The winger has to be young,Superb quality as in the ability to perform anywhere near Robbery does when they are out. And ready to sit in the bench.

I dont see anybody better. Young,decently cheap,Good quality & ready to sit on the bench. 6 goals is no issue. How many goals does Ribery score anyway. Not a lot,yes this year he did score a lot but how many did he score last year. Shaqiri is not that decisive,his main strength is crossing & stuff.

Very well said Mr.S!

I have been observing the transfer window

Ojas Mhatre I guess, I commented here yeah the Basel president Heusler confirmed it though I think Bayern are interested in Shaqiri. I think the same cannot be said of United.

United have enough players for the flanks. I think Shaqiri is being linked with them because Basel beat United to qualify for the CL's

Again don't expect any deal to happen now not even Jan 31 as Clark Whitney told me, and common sense prevails Basel won't harm their chances by selling their top players like Xhaka or Shaqiri. A deal for the players to join in the summer could definitely be reached.

I honestly feel Basel have rejected the offer because, Shaqiri doesn't want Galatasaray, he wants a bigger club I guess and hope its Bayern(and we are doing something about it)!
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Mr.S wrote:Look we need a Winger who can play RW & LW,has less wages & comes under 15 Million odd. The winger has to be young,Superb quality as in the ability to perform anywhere near Robbery does when they are out. And ready to sit in the bench.

=D> =D> =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ojasmhatre » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 pm

After everything said and done I would absolutely be shattered if Bayern don't end up with Shaqiri.
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby 2headedeagle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:11 am

hope one day i see him wearing our shirt and im not saying this just because he is albanian lol he deserves to be our player
2headedeagle
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby ojasmhatre » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:44 am

Lets BUY him and Usami come on Board
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Greek Bavarian » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 am

I am not crazy about getting him but for the money he'll cost, his age and his potential, he is a good choice.
I just don't believe he will ever become a TOP player.
Greek Bavarian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mr.S » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 pm

I am sure either Usami or Shaqiri,atleast one of them can become HUGE. Usami should play LW,right footed & can cut in & is more goal threat. And Shaqiri,RW,left footed like RObben.

Brilliant back-up players for ROBBERY.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion