You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Bazi wrote:Let's wait for the WC, Shaqiri wouldn't be the first player to drastically increase his market value on the football world's biggest stage.

That's true. The Swiss have a decent chance of making it out of the group too.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:14 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Bazi wrote:Let's wait for the WC, Shaqiri wouldn't be the first player to drastically increase his market value on the football world's biggest stage.

Sell Shaqiri after the WC. I even have the Swiss topping their group :lol: (really, I do)
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:17 pm

a big mistake, but if he isnt willing to wait for his chance, let him go, and watch him end up at Fulham with Holtby in 2/3 years.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:18 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:a big mistake, but if he isnt willing to wait for his chance, let him go, and watch him end up at Fulham with Holtby in 2/3 years.

Cant really compare Liverpool with Fulham.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:23 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
A technical player and an advanced player are not the same thing. Müller is obviously not "technical" but he gets the job done better than the "technical" players playing in the more advanced positions as far as I'm concerned, as evidenced in the fact that he was our highest goal scorer in all competitions. Which people seem to keep forgetting. As for the rest of your suggestion though. To me Götze did not prove that he deserves the spot this season, as he is pretty much the "disappearing man" when he's out of form (which was a great deal of matches he played this season). At least Shaq makes an effort while Götze often gives up the ball without a fight. I also disagree entirely about Thiago. Couldn't care less about the kid, and would prefer having:

Robben, Müller, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

or

Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

This also takes into consideration whether Ribéry continues to struggle with injuries, but either way we need to start looking to the future and Shaq should be a part of it, as should Kroos and Müller. For me the priorities of the future Bayern should be: Müller, Kroos, Shaq, Hojbjerg (hopefully teamed up with Kroos or Schweini in the holding position more often next season) as far as playing time. I honestly don't care for Götze or Thiago so trying to fit them in isn't a concern for me.

Sorry, but then you're just blinded by fan-preference. When Thiago signed I was completely against it. I saw him as the teacher's pet, plus I I'm not really a huge fan of Spain as nation (...) and of Barca as a club. Nevertheless. Denying that Thiago was a outstanding when he played is just wrong, and I would even go as far as saying that he was absolutely essential to Bayern's game this season.

I'm not going to go on with the Shaqiri argument, I'll just say that I don't see him becoming a starter under Pep. He would be better at a Counter-Attack oriented club.

I would say that our form looked slightly off when Thiago wasn't in, a hugely important, and talented player, the future of Bayern.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:33 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Sell Shaqiri after the WC. I even have the Swiss topping their group :lol: (really, I do)

So do I. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm sure the board want to wait until after the world cup. If he plays an excellent world cup he might have a better standing for next season or he could be sold for a lot more than clubs are offering now and if he doesn't, then he'll be sold for the same amount clubs are offering now. I'd still like to see Shaq just play 4-5 back to back 90-minute league games. Granted he disappointed a few times this season, but he really wasn't given the playing time to show his potential
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:21 pm

A friend of mine from Sevilla told me that they were trying to sign Shaqiri on loan.

The problem is that they can't afford Shaqiri's wages (3M if I'm not mistaken) and therefore they won't mostly get his loan. But it seems that both Bayern and Shaqiri liked the deal.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Bayern should send him and pay half his wages or something. It'd be worth it.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:39 am

Shaqiri must stay at Bayern I am 100% sure that due to Ribery's situation he will become an important first team player.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:15 am

YlonenXabi wrote:A friend of mine from Sevilla told me that they were trying to sign Shaqiri on loan.

The problem is that they can't afford Shaqiri's wages (3M if I'm not mistaken) and therefore they won't mostly get his loan. But it seems that both Bayern and Shaqiri liked the deal.

Sevilla can't afford a 3M gross wage?
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Burko » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:07 am

Bazi wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:A friend of mine from Sevilla told me that they were trying to sign Shaqiri on loan.

Sevilla isn't Chelsea :D
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 am

Bazi wrote:

Rakitic was their highest paid player and he earned 2.5M
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Bazi » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:57 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
Bazi wrote:

Rakitic was their highest paid player and he earned 2.5M

So was Chelsea covering parts of Marin's wage then?
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:14 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Rakitic was their highest paid player and he earned 2.5M

So shouldn't that mean they'll be able to pay him if they sell Rakitic?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion