You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby Jorsett » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:16 am

Weird that no one has posted here, but Shaq scored against Peru yesterday.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Burko » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:38 am

http://www.20min.ch/sport/fussball/story/22767452
So according to a Swiss newspaper (last RT) we are (Liverpool) close to sign Xherdan Shaqiri for €20m.

:?
Last edited by MUTU on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to player's transfer thread.
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby Grimnir » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:33 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
A technical player and an advanced player are not the same thing. Müller is obviously not "technical" but he gets the job done better than the "technical" players playing in the more advanced positions as far as I'm concerned, as evidenced in the fact that he was our highest goal scorer in all competitions. Which people seem to keep forgetting. As for the rest of your suggestion though. To me Götze did not prove that he deserves the spot this season, as he is pretty much the "disappearing man" when he's out of form (which was a great deal of matches he played this season). At least Shaq makes an effort while Götze often gives up the ball without a fight. I also disagree entirely about Thiago. Couldn't care less about the kid, and would prefer having:

Robben, Müller, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

or

Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

This also takes into consideration whether Ribéry continues to struggle with injuries, but either way we need to start looking to the future and Shaq should be a part of it, as should Kroos and Müller. For me the priorities of the future Bayern should be: Müller, Kroos, Shaq, Hojbjerg (hopefully teamed up with Kroos or Schweini in the holding position more often next season) as far as playing time. I honestly don't care for Götze or Thiago so trying to fit them in isn't a concern for me.

Sorry, but then you're just blinded by fan-preference. When Thiago signed I was completely against it. I saw him as the teacher's pet, plus I I'm not really a huge fan of Spain as nation (...) and of Barca as a club. Nevertheless. Denying that Thiago was a outstanding when he played is just wrong, and I would even go as far as saying that he was absolutely essential to Bayern's game this season.

I'm not going to go on with the Shaqiri argument, I'll just say that I don't see him becoming a starter under Pep. He would be better at a Counter-Attack oriented club.

When I hear these statements I laugh because I wonder why someone supports a club to begin with. To win things? Sure that's absolutely great, but for me it matters how we win it. It always has mattered to me. If people like you think we "can't win" with our the team as it was (and yet we did last year and think if we'd played a similar tactic we would have again this season) and only need these types of players (Götze who is especially despicable to me) to win then I rather we play in the mid table or I'd even take 2 Bundesliga as long as the squad is made up of a good portion of academy players as starters. I really don't want to see this club going backward pre-2000s as far as its focus on the academy. So it seems you and I support Bayern for very different reasons.

As for Shaq, the guy works hard and overall is a far more likeable player than Götze. I never liked his personality nor did I like how he handled his move from Dortmund. Gives me the impression of a little brat. I care much more about the spirit and personality of players than simply winning alone. That said, I wouldn't say Götze contributed much at all to any of our major victories this season. Thiago in a limited way, but not as much as some fanboys claim. Some people will always prefer the "shiny new transfers" than those who have always been there, or those who stay under the radar but put in a good shift.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Grimnir wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
A technical player and an advanced player are not the same thing. Müller is obviously not "technical" but he gets the job done better than the "technical" players playing in the more advanced positions as far as I'm concerned, as evidenced in the fact that he was our highest goal scorer in all competitions. Which people seem to keep forgetting. As for the rest of your suggestion though. To me Götze did not prove that he deserves the spot this season, as he is pretty much the "disappearing man" when he's out of form (which was a great deal of matches he played this season). At least Shaq makes an effort while Götze often gives up the ball without a fight. I also disagree entirely about Thiago. Couldn't care less about the kid, and would prefer having:

Robben, Müller, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

or

Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

This also takes into consideration whether Ribéry continues to struggle with injuries, but either way we need to start looking to the future and Shaq should be a part of it, as should Kroos and Müller. For me the priorities of the future Bayern should be: Müller, Kroos, Shaq, Hojbjerg (hopefully teamed up with Kroos or Schweini in the holding position more often next season) as far as playing time. I honestly don't care for Götze or Thiago so trying to fit them in isn't a concern for me.

Sorry, but then you're just blinded by fan-preference. When Thiago signed I was completely against it. I saw him as the teacher's pet, plus I I'm not really a huge fan of Spain as nation (...) and of Barca as a club. Nevertheless. Denying that Thiago was a outstanding when he played is just wrong, and I would even go as far as saying that he was absolutely essential to Bayern's game this season.

I'm not going to go on with the Shaqiri argument, I'll just say that I don't see him becoming a starter under Pep. He would be better at a Counter-Attack oriented club.

When I hear these statements I laugh because I wonder why someone supports a club to begin with. To win things? Sure that's absolutely great, but for me it matters how we win it. It always has mattered to me. If people like you think we "can't win" with our the team as it was (and yet we did last year and think if we'd played a similar tactic we would have again this season) and only need these types of players (Götze who is especially despicable to me) to win then I rather we play in the mid table or I'd even take 2 Bundesliga as long as the squad is made up of a good portion of academy players as starters. I really don't want to see this club going backward pre-2000s as far as its focus on the academy. So it seems you and I support Bayern for very different reasons.

As for Shaq, the guy works hard and overall is a far more likeable player than Götze. I never liked his personality nor did I like how he handled his move from Dortmund. Gives me the impression of a little brat. I care much more about the spirit and personality of players than simply winning alone. That said, I wouldn't say Götze contributed much at all to any of our major victories this season. Thiago in a limited way, but not as much as some fanboys claim. Some people will always prefer the "shiny new transfers" than those who have always been there, or those who stay under the radar but put in a good shift.

He didnt talk about winning things at all he just said Thiago proved he is on a level where he deserves to get playing time. I agree his influence has been exaggerated but when he played he proved his quality no denying that. Whether you care about him or not makes little to no difference, when he played he played well. I don't know why you start talking about "why he is supporting a club" :?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Good that our board doesn't just make transfers wether someone is likeable or not.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:48 am

Grimnir wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Robben, Müller, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

or

Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

Wow, wow... I NEVER said I'd rather have anyone come in before the academy players... I'm all for giving Hojbjerg, Can, Green and whoever comes after them a significant chance to prove themselves. I even (very secretly :oops: ) hope the time of Robben were to run off, so we can have more Müller on the right wing.

Also, your comment on Bayern winning last season... I don't think there are many (if any...) fans who wouldn't prefer us to be playing last year style of football instead of Guardiola's. But let's be realistic; we're now stuck with Guardiola for at least another season, and his tactics demand a playmaker with the kind of qualities Thiago, and no one else in the team, offers., and I dont know how you feel about that, but I'd rather Lahm and Schweinsteiger don't spend the last years of their careers losing.

Götze... give the kid a break FGS...
PunkCapitalist

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:39 am

While these guys are at the club I support them. Thiago for me is not a player that I will say is one of my favorite players on the team from a personality standpoint, but he plays for Bayern and he gives 100% every time he's on the pitch. If he finishes contract out and wants to move on, I would not mind because at least he will have done his job here, which is all I can expect from any Bayern player. Not really sure what Götze has done either apart from do his job for us. Personally I will have anyone who gives 100%, whether academy or someone like Pizarro who has come to be more of a Bayern player than many of the academy kids can hope to be. Same support goes for any supporter, as long as they support the team I don't care if they are from Munich itself or what their reason is.

Naturally the guys like Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Müller who have a special attachment to this club will get more admiration from me, but I am not going to knock down Thiago and Götze for not being that way. Especially since they had to force their way here to play for us, which in its own way deserves its own measure of respect. It's not as if Shaqiri has been here much longer than they have. Hopefully that's it as far as my off-topic posts go.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Were would we be today if we would use academy players only ?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:57 pm

bastos80 wrote:Were would we be today if we would use academy players only ?

Flying to Brazil before a game vs Portugal. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:07 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorsett » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:16 am

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

If Bayern sells Shaqiri for that amount, I'm pretty sure we would be ripped off. The board values him more than that? His market value is even more than that.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Jorsett wrote:If Bayern sells Shaqiri for that amount, I'm pretty sure we would be ripped off. The board values him more than that? His market value is even more than that.

That's almost 19 million euros. Pretty good amount for someone who hardly plays. He probably is worth more than that. I'm sure he'd do well if he actually played. But it's a fair amount given his situation.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bazi » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Let's wait for the WC, Shaqiri wouldn't be the first player to drastically increase his market value on the football world's biggest stage.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorsett » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Jorsett wrote:If Bayern sells Shaqiri for that amount, I'm pretty sure we would be ripped off. The board values him more than that? His market value is even more than that.

That's almost 19 million euros. Pretty good amount for someone who hardly plays. He probably is worth more than that. I'm sure he'd do well if he actually played. But it's a fair amount given his situation.

I guess.

Spoiler: show
I just really wanna keep him. [-o<
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Norway

Postby Achilles » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:57 pm

A £15m deal for Shaqiri isn't bad but not the best too,I'm expecting a 20m at least.
But let's wait and see what happens at the World Cup,a couple of goals from Shaq or a single extraodinary performance(win) and the qualification for Switzerland will boost his value at least to 25m

You can't expect to earn too much money from a sub-player... A real bad deal would be a £15m deal for Mandzukic for example,not for Shaq
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion