You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby Grimnir » Fri May 30, 2014 9:32 pm

bastos80 wrote:You are saying Shaqiri is not a technical player, but you think our most advanced four would contain Müller ? #-o

Tell that to Müller's goals :roll:

Want Shaqiri to stay and he's one of my favourites, but then you go and diss Müller which discredits you entirely in my eyes.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat May 31, 2014 1:53 am

Grimnir wrote:
bastos80 wrote:You are saying Shaqiri is not a technical player, but you think our most advanced four would contain Müller ? #-o

Want Shaqiri to stay and he's one of my favourites, but then you go and diss Müller which discredits you entirely in my eyes.

True, Müller is not technical at all, but offers other qualities which few (if any!) players can give the team. Quite exceptional player. Out of the mold. I see a

---------------Lewa
-----Göetze--------Müller
--------------Thiago

Formation as remarkably fluid. Shaqiri just wouldn't add much against a parked-bus type of defensive setup (which we will be meeting more and more every day).
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby zuki46 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:38 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Hopefully the board realizes that Robben is class 1984 and Ribery is class 1983. Enough said

Even with no Robbery, our preferred most advanced four would be Lewa, Götze, Reus and Thiago. Shaqiri is not a technical player, won't thrive under Guardiola. Doesn't have the dribbling abilities nor the magical passing skills requiered for an advanced role under Guardiola.

Holy s**t!!!!! For a moment there I thought "WTF we got Reus???????????????" Then I woke up from the dream! You are evil man, pure evil.
zuki46
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby jaybayern » Sat May 31, 2014 5:05 am

He played against Jamaica for the Swiss and his pace and drbbling was amazing and his crossing was brilliant just few wayward shots but great overall....the kids a keeper
BAYERN TILL THE DEATH OF ME
jaybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby bastos80 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:27 am

Grimnir wrote:

I don't diss Müller. He's one of my favourite players. But saying Shaq wouldn't be in the advanced four because he is no technical player is just a joke, sorry.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:14 pm

jaybayern wrote:He played against Jamaica for the Swiss and his pace and drbbling was amazing and his crossing was brilliant just few wayward shots but great overall....the kids a keeper

I watched the game and he didn't do anything special TBH. Yes he had some pace, but he was totally unproductive against the Jamaican defenders.

But all your players seem to be really fast, so I don't really blame him :mrgreen:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Grimnir » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:41 pm

bastos80 wrote:
Grimnir wrote:

I don't diss Müller. He's one of my favourite players. But saying Shaq wouldn't be in the advanced four because he is no technical player is just a joke, sorry.

I agree he should be getting more playing time than he is (I still prefer him over Götze personally, but then I don't really like Götze so...), but that has nothing to do with saying "but you think our most advanced four would contain Müller?" Müller was one our best behind Lahm this season, I don't care how "technical" or not he is. He gets the job done and 150% deserves to be our starting lineup. You shouldn't talk down to one of our best just to make your point that Shaq needs more playing time.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:44 pm

I never said that. Müller should probably start most games. My problem is just that you said Shaqiri isn't a technical player.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Grimnir » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:16 pm

bastos80 wrote:I never said that. Müller should probably start most games. My problem is just that you said Shaqiri isn't a technical player.

You did say that...I already quoted you. Here, I'll do it again:

And I wasn't the won saying anything about Shaqiri not being a technical player and already said a few times that I'd love him to be in the starting lineup more. Only reason I started responding at all to you was because of what you said about Müller.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Yeah, it was PunkCapitalist , but due to his post i made the justified assumption that he thinks Müller is a technical player but Shaqiri isn't.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Grimnir » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Ah ok, I read him as talking about players who should be starters in the advanced positions rather than strictly technical players. I don't agree with him as far as starting Götze over Shaq personally...or Thiago for that matter. But then I like neither player (Götze and Thiago) and for my part wish we never got them so... :lol:

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Grimnir wrote:

True, Müller is not technical at all, but offers other qualities which few (if any!) players can give the team. Quite exceptional player. Out of the mold. I see a

---------------Lewa
-----Göetze--------Müller
--------------Thiago

Formation as remarkably fluid. Shaqiri just wouldn't add much against a parked-bus type of defensive setup (which we will be meeting more and more every day).

A technical player and an advanced player are not the same thing. Müller is obviously not "technical" but he gets the job done better than the "technical" players playing in the more advanced positions as far as I'm concerned, as evidenced in the fact that he was our highest goal scorer in all competitions. Which people seem to keep forgetting. As for the rest of your suggestion though. To me Götze did not prove that he deserves the spot this season, as he is pretty much the "disappearing man" when he's out of form (which was a great deal of matches he played this season). At least Shaq makes an effort while Götze often gives up the ball without a fight. I also disagree entirely about Thiago. Couldn't care less about the kid, and would prefer having:

Robben, Müller, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

or

Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

This also takes into consideration whether Ribéry continues to struggle with injuries, but either way we need to start looking to the future and Shaq should be a part of it, as should Kroos and Müller. For me the priorities of the future Bayern should be: Müller, Kroos, Shaq, Hojbjerg (hopefully teamed up with Kroos or Schweini in the holding position more often next season) as far as playing time. I honestly don't care for Götze or Thiago so trying to fit them in isn't a concern for me.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Why don't you care about Thiago and Götze ? I really don't get why you wouldn't care about two of our most talented players. You don't seem to know what a player like Thiago adds to our team what Kroos doesn't offer. Keep in mind Götze is only 21 years old. That guy has so much talent, plenty of time to become more consistent and could be the best player in the league one day. Kroos in the team wouldn't really stop Götze to get into the team either. Also I don't see why you would say Götze just gives up the ball. If you're implying that this guy doesn't do work, you're wrong. Most km/game and tackles/game for any Bayern player this season.

This would be my line-up when Robben is declining. Lahm's spot will be a problem in the future, but I can see him playing a couple more years on the highest level.

Would be the best we can do imo, we'd have everything on the pitch with that line-up
A clinical striker, a brilliant creative AM in Götze, "Raumdeuter" Müller, a CM that can go into 1v1s and keep the ball in Thiago, a brilliant passer in Kroos (probs one of the best in the world), maybe the best DM in the world in Javi and a great defence.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:59 pm

A technical player and an advanced player are not the same thing. Müller is obviously not "technical" but he gets the job done better than the "technical" players playing in the more advanced positions as far as I'm concerned, as evidenced in the fact that he was our highest goal scorer in all competitions. Which people seem to keep forgetting. As for the rest of your suggestion though. To me Götze did not prove that he deserves the spot this season, as he is pretty much the "disappearing man" when he's out of form (which was a great deal of matches he played this season). At least Shaq makes an effort while Götze often gives up the ball without a fight. I also disagree entirely about Thiago. Couldn't care less about the kid, and would prefer having:

Robben, Müller, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

or

Müller, Kroos, Shaqiri
Lewy/Mandzukic

This also takes into consideration whether Ribéry continues to struggle with injuries, but either way we need to start looking to the future and Shaq should be a part of it, as should Kroos and Müller. For me the priorities of the future Bayern should be: Müller, Kroos, Shaq, Hojbjerg (hopefully teamed up with Kroos or Schweini in the holding position more often next season) as far as playing time. I honestly don't care for Götze or Thiago so trying to fit them in isn't a concern for me.

Sorry, but then you're just blinded by fan-preference. When Thiago signed I was completely against it. I saw him as the teacher's pet, plus I I'm not really a huge fan of Spain as nation (...) and of Barca as a club. Nevertheless. Denying that Thiago was a outstanding when he played is just wrong, and I would even go as far as saying that he was absolutely essential to Bayern's game this season.

I'm not going to go on with the Shaqiri argument, I'll just say that I don't see him becoming a starter under Pep. He would be better at a Counter-Attack oriented club.
PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:10 pm

The only way i see Xherdan getting a spot in the first 11 is when Kroos leaves the club and Götze takes Thiagos position, with Thiago taking Kroos' position.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:49 pm

bastos80 wrote:Would be the best we can do imo, we'd have everything on the pitch with that line-up

This. I've mentioned this lineup before. Obviously for now Robben and Schweini stay in. Though Kroos for Schweini does not result in a loss in quality these days. They should rotate.

Shaqiri is a player who I think can succeed under Pep, given the chance. I would love for him to stay and rotate with Thiago (he prefers playing centrally and I believe it is easier for him to break in there rather than the wings). But the truth of the matter is that we have loads of talented players and very few are nearing retirement. We have to resign ourselves to the fact that some of our players will leave in the next couple of years, and as much as I like him, Shaqiri would be the first one I'd let go of. At the moment I am only concerned with holding onto Kroos, Muller, Gotze, and Hojbjerg, though Kroos could leave for the right amount. These players + Alaba are the only ones we can count on for the next 8+ years. Maybe Thiago too but he might want to leave at some point.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion