You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Xherdan Shaqiri

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Postby Grimnir » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:40 pm

It really sucks Shaqiri can't seem to catch a break, and frequently seems to be a muscle tear for him. Every time he has a run of a few good match and seems to be picking up pace and getting into the groove of things with the team, he gets injured. I really wish him the best and a very quick recovery, and hopefully this will be the last of such injuries for him.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:54 pm

Grimnir wrote:It really sucks Shaqiri can't seem to catch a break, and frequently seems to be a muscle tear for him. Every time he has a run of a few good match and seems to be picking up pace and getting into the groove of things with the team, he gets injured. I really wish him the best and a very quick recovery, and hopefully this will be the last of such injuries for him.

Maybe even though he seems to be well build in fact he is not... Mind you this is my assumption; a friend of mine who is a physiotherapist once told me that in order to avoid muscle injuries such as the hamstring etc the muscles have to be well balanced. I mean tie and hamstring have to be (build) the same otherwise one or the other will be making some extra ''work'' to compensate for the weaker part which eventually will result in an injury.
Again I am not an expert at all ; but this what he once told me. However I am pretty sure that FCBs medics know what they're doing; so...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Grimnir » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:36 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Grimnir wrote:It really sucks Shaqiri can't seem to catch a break, and frequently seems to be a muscle tear for him. Every time he has a run of a few good match and seems to be picking up pace and getting into the groove of things with the team, he gets injured. I really wish him the best and a very quick recovery, and hopefully this will be the last of such injuries for him.

Maybe even though he seems to be well build in fact he is not... Mind you this is my assumption; a friend of mine who is a physiotherapist once told me that in order to avoid muscle injuries such as the hamstring etc the muscles have to be well balanced. I mean tie and hamstring have to be (build) the same otherwise one or the other will be making some extra ''work'' to compensate for the weaker part which eventually will result in an injury.
Again I am not an expert at all ; but this what he once told me. However I am pretty sure that FCBs medics know what they're doing; so...

Yup, that's a muscle imbalance and on most people the posterior muscles tend to be weaker in relation to the anterior. But with a professional athlete one would assume that if such an issue were identified that their training regime would be altered to address it. Or at least we hope! It's hard for us to know really since we don't know the details of his medical or training history. But let's hope that this doesn't continue to go on for him. It's one thing to be an older player and have an ongoing injury with at least a decent amount of experience and some good years behind you, but it's a real tragedy when a young player has to deal with the consequences of such an injury before they've even reached their prime :(
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dgro » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:38 pm

I really hope Shaq stays. I think he could be a valuable replacement to Ribery or Robben in the next several years in a way that Gotze and Muller can't: with PACE. He's the only true pacey winger we have under the age of 30
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby jrm13 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Dgro wrote:I really hope Shaq stays. I think he could be a valuable replacement to Ribery or Robben in the next several years in a way that Gotze and Muller can't: with PACE. He's the only true pacey winger we have under the age of 30

This. I am still convinced that, with more regular playing time in a set role (preferably RW imo, as I am a big fan of left-footed RW and right-footed LW) he can develop into a near if not entirely world-class player.
jrm13
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorsett » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Shaqiri would be so good at (my other club) Liverpool, but I stay hopeful that he stays. He is the most obvious Ribery/Robben replacement in our squad.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby rthebest » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:01 pm

I hope he stays. we really needed him for the Real game considering Ribery's form.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Dgro » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:22 pm

That's the other thing, with the form of Gotze throughout the season and Ribery right now, plus Thiago's injury, I am fairly certain that Shaq would be a main fixture in these critical late-season games (maybe even as a starter at times) if he was healthy. Unfortunately this kid seems to get hurt at the worst times.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Looks like we'll have a full squad vs Dortmund.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:16 am

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 17, 2014 11:20 am

I am sure he will go to Liverpool. They have wanted him for a very long time.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorsett » Sat May 17, 2014 2:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I am sure he will go to Liverpool. They have wanted him for a very long time.

I really want him to go on loan there for a season. They need another attacking player (which translates into guaranteed playing time), plus the BPL-experience would be good to have I can imagine.

Spoiler: show
But don't sell him! He's the future of Bayern!
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Norway

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion