You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
58%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
19%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
19%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
4%

Total votes : 48

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby MUTU » Thu May 30, 2019 5:50 pm

A very long reply Fenix but still has nothing much to do with what I was saying: I am sure that at the end of season 1974-75, Uli was happy and felt it was a great season.

When you're crowned Champions of Europe you don't care about being champions of your country. Look at AC Milan, they're so proud of all their European Cup/Champions League titles but they've never won the Serie A in the same season. They're still proud of their cups and that's what they always talk about, not when they won the Serie A.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kod2600 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:55 pm

When I got married 2 years ago, my wife wasn't that much into football but had Real Madrid as her team just for the sake of having a favorite team. When I started educating her about my favorite team (her favorite too now btw) I didn't start by saying we win the local league every year. I played her a clip of our treble season highlights. I told her about our CL win and how crazy it was to me.
Do you get what I'm trying to say Mr. Hoenes? We're desperate for a CL win. We're always garunteed a CL spot in our worst of worst seasons. To hell with 7 league titles in a row. Give us CL.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Winning the Bundesliga is a massive achievement for any club, but when we compare these triumphs to an epic victory in the Champions League Final it becomes quite apparent that the Bundesliga titles are forgotten much more readily. Milan, Ajax have not shot to great prominence as a result of their performances in their domestic leagues, but as a result of European glory.

There is a reason why everyone remember and we still talk about the 2012-13 season. I'm not even that happy about winning the 7th in a row, I don't remember when was the last time when I didn't celebrate a title.. It doesn't matter if we win the Bundesliga 15 times in a row, we're always going to rememer the season in which we won the CL. Always. The saddest thing is how bad I was joking with my friends /fans of different Italian teams/ about the one horse race in their league in the last 8 years, now..pf, i don't wanna talk about that.

On top of that, being a champion in your domestic league 7 times in a row is clearly showing the lack of good opponents, which means that you can look at the biggest stage. And there is only one. I know Uli cares a lot about the money, and I'm sure he knows how much a team can earn only to play in the final.
Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Thu May 30, 2019 11:31 pm

I would agree that the BL should be first priority, that's fine. And I suspect Uli is using a bit of hyperbole to drive his point home, but I hope it's not seen as such a binary decision.
Like...it's not as though our options are ONLY between
a.) Making it to the UCL final and finishing 8th in the league
or
b.) Winning the league but failing to make the UCL final

Obviously there's a lot of middle ground between there.
Of course it's a complex question. What does it take to win (or make) the UCL final? More to it than I'd like to unpack at the moment...but it sounds to me like the way Uli has phrased it is as though you can 'choose' and I'm not sure how much choice is involved. Obviously you can choose to prioritize time, effort, resources, etc towards one goal ahead of another, but is that what's happened here?
Would Uli or Niko or anyone suggest that the reason we lost to Liverpool is because we chose instead to focus on winning the league, as that was top priority? I really doubt they'd say as much (for good reason!)
I don't think it was due to lack of focus or prioritizing a different competition...rather it seemed as though it was either lost on the basis of tactics and/or player quality - both of which can be addressed in the offseason - and both of which can be improved without 'sacrificing' anything in other competitions. Adding some more quality players and improving the team's tactics both improve our 'odds' of making the UCL final and don't require any sort of sacrifice in the league - because of course we understand that a certain level of players and tactics might be enough to win the BL and/or Cup, but not enough to win the UCL.

All that to say that it's not one or the other and I don't think anyone is saying we should throw in the towel on the Bundesliga for sake of advancing further in the UCL. That's just not necessary. But I do think we can also acknowledge that perhaps it takes more effort or focus to win in the UCL than to win in the league - so in a sense, yes - we can and should focus more on winning the UCL, just because the BL doesn't require "as much" focus, effort, etc to win it. But we can still focus "less" on the league and win it, IMO.
In whatever case, I don't think many fans' complaints were about simply failing to win the UCL or that we won the double but didn't win the league - it's that our problems in the UCL were indicative of some larger issues that simply happened to manifest themselves on a bigger stage.

So....yeah. BL is first priority, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make moves and/or changes to try and improve our odds of winning the UCL - and that doesn't mean those changes have to damage our chances of winning the league.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:36 pm

I wish he would have stayed in prison.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Sané ------- Lewandowski ----- Gnabry
----------- Thiago ---- Havertz --------
------------------ Rodrigo ---------------
Alaba -- Hernández - Süle -- Kimmich
------------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:42 pm

bastos80 wrote:I wish he would have stayed in prison.
He is trying to put us back in a low profile mode...
And trying to hide the mistakes by others... namely Brazzo
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Suuuuuure :lol: :lol:
Not like it was Hoeneß who announced "Bayern's biggest investment program ever". Nooooo
Sané ------- Lewandowski ----- Gnabry
----------- Thiago ---- Havertz --------
------------------ Rodrigo ---------------
Alaba -- Hernández - Süle -- Kimmich
------------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:13 pm

You hired an average coach and a bad Sporting director and after that miserable domestic double you didn't sack them for their lack of skills.

Uli Hoeness used to be brave now it seems that along with his credibility he lost his balls too.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Who okayed hiring Brazzo? Who keeps him employed?
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Have to share this, 'cause as much as it's annoying that these are his concerns ATM, it had me laughing out loud.

Uli was caught at Aldi sorting the "HoWe" sausages in the cooling shelf - and walking out of the store afterwards without buying anything. According to the article, he's doing this on a regular basis in the local Aldi stores :D
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:27 pm

My God, is this true? I mean I was saying it with tongue in cheek that he's lost it, but he REALLY did lose it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:43 pm

RedQueen wrote:Uli was caught at Aldi sorting the "HoWe" sausages in the cooling shelf - and walking out of the store afterwards without buying anything. According to the article, he's doing this on a regular basis in the local Aldi stores :D

Hahaha, so the prison sentence was served, but he is still in paying the debt mode by sorting food in Aldi. :lol: :lol: Awesome! :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Loon
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby kod2600 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:33 pm

You thought Mia San Sausage was a joke. It is his life motto for real...
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:40 pm

Wait, that really happened???

I was just skimming thru Twitter when I saw it and assumed it was just some guy that looked like Uli and was making a joke. But it's really him?!? Hahahaha.
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion