You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
58%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
19%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
19%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
4%

Total votes : 48

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:29 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:After today's match we'll likely be level with Dortmund. Ok, not leading at the moment, but I can guarantee to you that Bayern will win the Bundesliga. Dortmund have lost their nerves.

Crumbling under scrutiny of your blind faith already. Fact is we're not leaders now, he said we are, therefore lying. Simple simple. Don't act smart.

Boss, you need to chill, actually whatever Uli said without going to the specifics it means "We are still in all 3 competitions!" and that is not a lie..
He said transfers are expensive nowadays and we don't have money like PSG or City so we are doing the best we can..We signed Goretzka last summer on free..he could have very well chosen one of the cash clubs..whatever we can do we are doing..
About Brazzo and Kovac, yes, both are not good enough at the moment but not everybody starts off like Pep or Zidane..Jupp,Alex Ferguson,Klopp all took time to get going, anyway, we cannot fire them, only the board can, so why not show some patience?

Read his full interview once, he talked sense throughout. We should be glad to have a president like him not like the sheikhs who just keep talking about spending money in their interviews. He has won more trophies than all the sheikhs combined together since they arrived at football and there is a very good reason.

All I am saying is give it time, it will work out.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:34 pm

Hoeneß on Hamann: "Hamann plays the know-it-all. He briefly had a job in the fifth league yet pretends to be a combined Guradiola and Mourinho"

Haha he torched Didi Hammann :lol: Go on boss!

In other news he said/confirmed that this is Ribery's last season and they're working on Robbery's farewell!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:36 pm

So, this is his full interview.

Uli Hoeneß - If only you (the media) knew what we already have for the new season. But if we already announce what we got, then those who are not playing, will maybe be angry. We have two, three players, who we must be incredibly grateful to including Robben and Ribéry. We've been willing to sacrifice the league for a year to give these players a decent farewell. I won more than 50 titles in my life, so it does not matter to sacrifice one. We have a coach who was called into question, a sporting director said to be not good enough and a restless team. But in reality, we are league leaders again, still in the Pokal, and played a great game in Liverpool..Money alone is not enough. You can spend 500 million but if the coach does not develop the players, it does not matter. Mourinho also had the money at Man United, but he didn't make it. I want to develop footballers at this club. Footballers are developed by football teachers. Clubs with a lot of money buy mercenaries. We have players who have heartily won the Champions League for Bayern, I don't know if that would be the case in Paris.

Hoeneß on Sebastian Rudy: "We wanted to keep him. But Rudy wanted a regular place. That's why he negotiated with Schalke and Leipzig. Had he stayed, we would have been happy."

Hoeneß on Rafinha complaining about game time: "You all said the squad wasn't big enough. If we had more players, there would have been more discussions like this (of Rafinha)."

Hoeneß on his relationship with Ribéry: "This is overstated. I have a good relationship with all players, especially with him. At first he had big problems, of course I helped him. He is grateful. Franck is someone who is always there when you need him."

Hoeneß on a Rafinha replacement: "Pavard has won the world cup as a right back. And if Hernández comes, he is also a very good left back!"

Hoeneß says despite Pavard signing, Bayern will still sign defender(s): "The transfers are more expensive nowadays. That's why we saved money. We are prepared for the summer. 80m for Hernández? If we could get someone like Hernández, we would pay that much."

Hoeneß says James' future depends on the coach: "If the coach says he's good but doesn't play him, I won't spend 40m for someone that won't play. If the coach says he needs him and he plans with him, we'll sign him"

Hoeneß on the academy: "We have two or three young players who are doing really well. I'm convinced that we will have academy players in our first team squad for the next few years."

Hoeneß on Hamann: "Hamann plays the know-it-all. He briefly had a job in the fifth league yet pretends to be a combined Guradiola and Mourinho."

Hoeneß confirms that this will be Ribéry's last season at Bayern: "He finds it difficult to stop, but this will be his last year. We are currently working on organising a big joint farewell game for Arjen and Franck."

Hoeneß on his future: "I will decide between 20 March and end of June whether I'll continue beyond this year. If everything goes as I imagine, then I'll eventually sit in the stands and watch games in peace"

Hoeneß on Lewandowski: "We need him in the medium term. Currently, we have solutions with Müller and Gnabry. But we also need a backup for him in the medium term. We need someone to relieve him."

Hoeneß confirms talks with Kahn: "We are in talks. Oliver could imagine working at the club. We will discuss this with the Supervisory Board and then we will talk to Kahn again. We have time, so far it's just a good idea"
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:44 pm

In other words he came out specifically now that we're back on track regarding the title race to rub it in their faces and continue this "protection of the team" they started with that awkward press conference while he did it walking through the most anti-Bayern channel Sport1.de...

Where we should focus is this summary:
- Confirmation that we will spend in summer for quality
- L.Hernandez is a priority target
- Ribery is definitely leaving
- James situation is literally on the air

Sad things is that incompetent Kovac is not questioned and I'm afraid that we'll end up with him if we win the league or by any miracle we progress to semi-finals of the UCL. Whatever player you bring, Niko Kovac is unable to use him and develop him properly, funny thing is that he acknowledged this skill as key attribute to a coach resume but he seems blind when it comes to... our coach.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:10 pm

prasun77 wrote:snip

Don't misunderstand me. I was only commenting on gumboduncan's lack of respect against Uli.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Regardless of our difference on Kovac, Uli and many more. Next summer will be very interesting. This morning Uli confirmed what many of us have been calling for, spend big on the next generation at Bayern.

- Ribery out is IMO a good sign for the renewal of the squad (on and off the pitch).
- According to Uli the board has finalized some deals that we don't know. This is very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing which player or players he's talking about. Most likely Lucas Hernandez. I'm hoping for Kai Havertz as well.
- I'm extremely glad to see how he's 100% behind Kovac and Brazzo. Regardless of our opinion of them, they deserve time.
- The James comment is very honest IMO. Why spend big on a player that isn't a type of a player Kovac wants. I also think James wants to go back to Real Madrid. I think it's just a matter of how he leaves. Will Bayern buy him and sell him to Real or will they not activate the option. I think if Bayern won't buy him it will be because Real will offer us something in return (what it is I obviously don't know). Our board has a great relationship with the board at Real.
- The comment on Olli Kahn is almost confirming that he'll return to the club. Which is a great thing IMO.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Lahmies » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:13 pm

best part of the interview: “Hoeneß on his future: "I will decide between 20 March and end of June whether I'll continue beyond this year. If everything goes as I imagine, then I'll eventually sit in the stands and watch games in peace"”

worst part of the interview: “We have a coach who was called into question, a sporting director said to be not good enough and a restless team. But in reality, we are league leaders again, still in the Pokal, and played a great game in Liverpool..Money alone is not enough. You can spend 500 million but if the coach does not develop the players, it does not matter. Mourinho also had the money at Man United, but he didn't make it. I want to develop footballers at this club. Footballers are developed by football teachers.”

Kovac cannot teach anyone here, he is out of his depth. He’s a good coach for small teams who have to park the bus, not for FC Bayern. Insisting on keeping him here is a mistake that wastes our time and money. We should get Ten Hag from Ajax before some other club snatches him and we’re left sucking our thumbs again like it happened with Tuchel and Nagelsmann. Ten Hag plays attacking football, is great at working with youth and already knows the club. He checks all boxes. Get him as coach, Khan as CEO or president, a competent sporting director and things will change for the better. If we keep Kovac, it doesn’t matter which players we sign, we will continue to disappoint.
Lahmies
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:19 pm

The football teacher comment (combined with all the good things said by the two men about each other) made me think whether we could've made Pep stay around longer if Uli were in charge.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby archymen » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:00 pm

We have a coach who was called into question, a sporting director said to be not good enough and a restless team. But in reality, we are league leaders again, still in the Pokal, and played a great game in Liverpool..

1) We are so close to Dortmund NOT because we are improving, but just because BVB are totally lost in the past few games.
2) Game against Liverpool was pretty good, but we have to keep in mind that we had like 0 attacks... We can't win with keeping it 0:0 all the time.
3) Brazzo so far has done nothing. We totally blew several transfers in January and he ade us look like fools with all these public comments about CHO. In the end we signed 0 players (Pavard doesn't really count).
4) I would give Kovac time until the end of the season and evaluate him then. I see no point wasting another year with an average coach. We clearly suck almost every game. Heck, with Pep we struggled against the likes of Real/Atletico/Barca, but now we are struggling pretty much with every single Bundesliga team... How many times this season we have comfortably won 3:0 + when we dominated from 1st to 90th minute?
archymen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:29 pm

gumboduncan wrote:Regardless of our difference on Kovac, Uli and many more. Next summer will be very interesting. This morning Uli confirmed what many of us have been calling for, spend big on the next generation at Bayern.

- Ribery out is IMO a good sign for the renewal of the squad (on and off the pitch).
- According to Uli the board has finalized some deals that we don't know. This is very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing which player or players he's talking about. Most likely Lucas Hernandez. I'm hoping for Kai Havertz as well.
- I'm extremely glad to see how he's 100% behind Kovac and Brazzo. Regardless of our opinion of them, they deserve time.
- The James comment is very honest IMO. Why spend big on a player that isn't a type of a player Kovac wants. I also think James wants to go back to Real Madrid. I think it's just a matter of how he leaves. Will Bayern buy him and sell him to Real or will they not activate the option. I think if Bayern won't buy him it will be because Real will offer us something in return (what it is I obviously don't know). Our board has a great relationship with the board at Real.
- The comment on Olli Kahn is almost confirming that he'll return to the club. Which is a great thing IMO.

Why do they "deserve" time? Give me ONE good reason!?
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:31 pm

archymen wrote:
We have a coach who was called into question, a sporting director said to be not good enough and a restless team. But in reality, we are league leaders again, still in the Pokal, and played a great game in Liverpool..

1) We are so close to Dortmund NOT because we are improving, but just because BVB are totally lost in the past few games.
2) Game against Liverpool was pretty good, but we have to keep in mind that we had like 0 attacks... We can't win with keeping it 0:0 all the time.
3) Brazzo so far has done nothing. We totally blew several transfers in January and he ade us look like fools with all these public comments about CHO. In the end we signed 0 players (Pavard doesn't really count).
4) I would give Kovac time until the end of the season and evaluate him then. I see no point wasting another year with an average coach. We clearly suck almost every game. Heck, with Pep we struggled against the likes of Real/Atletico/Barca, but now we are struggling pretty much with every single Bundesliga team... How many times this season we have comfortably won 3:0 + when we dominated from 1st to 90th minute?

None
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tuscanybayern » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:35 pm

#12 wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:Regardless of our difference on Kovac, Uli and many more. Next summer will be very interesting. This morning Uli confirmed what many of us have been calling for, spend big on the next generation at Bayern.

Why do they "deserve" time? Give me ONE good reason!?

The only point in favour of Kovac is that he had no authority on the transfers for this season...if it was up to him, we would have replacements for Robbery. They just told Kovac: "hey, here's Goretzka, here's Gnabry, here is a picture of Alphonso Davies, he's in Canada right now. Ok see ya in summer 2019".
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fénix » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:38 pm

And here's the whole today's Doppelpass show for all who know or are able to under some German.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:27 pm

gumboduncan wrote:After today's match we'll likely be level with Dortmund. Ok, not leading at the moment, but I can guarantee to you that Bayern will win the Bundesliga. Dortmund have lost their nerves.

Uli said "But in reality". Uli knows Dortmund have lost it in the Bundesliga.

Still likely?
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:43 pm

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag: