You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Uli Hoeneß

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

What is your prediction for the future of Hoeneß?

I hope he becomes club president and I believe he will.
60%
I hope he becomes club president but I don't think he will.
19%
I hope he doesn't become club president but I believe he will.
17%
I hope he doesn't become club president and I don't think he will.
4%

Total votes : 47

Re: Uli Hoeneß

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Call me crazy, but I'm actually a little glad to see Uli's recent comments. Now, of course, he needs to put his money where his mouth is, but it's nice to see him basically say "Yeah, that press conference did not go quite as planned and made us like kind of pathetic". I'm glad that he's at least got the self- awareness yet to recognize that.
Like I said - want to see his actions match his words - but I have to say, this most recent interview is the best thing I've heard out of Uli in a LONG time.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 pm

So, this reminds me also.
Let's say Uli does step down in two, three years.

Your bets for new president?
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Rummenigge?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:46 pm

Lahm...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 am

You guys (maybe me incl) will start appreciating Uli the moment he leaves....

We should all appreciate what he has done to the club... he build the foundations and made Bayern one of the most wealthy football clubs in the world...

I just hope that his successor won't ruin all that Uli he has build
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:11 am

How can he when Hoeness has been doing it for a few years already and is probably not gonna leave much?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:28 am

ramsej84 wrote:You guys (maybe me incl) will start appreciating Uli the moment he leaves....

We should all appreciate what he has done to the club... he build the foundations and made Bayern one of the most wealthy football clubs in the world...

I just hope that his successor won't ruin all that Uli he has build

Nobody here is questioning the things that Uli has done for the club, we all understand that he took this club from mediocrity to a European superpower. But just like Wengers reluctance to step down and Ribery playing too long he is souring his legacy and ruining the reputation he has built with bad decisions.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 pm

I'll remember Uli forever as one of the greatest sporting directors ever(if not the greatest who spent 30 years in that seat) and of course one of very good players who marked Bayern's history both as a player and as a board member.

Tax evasion, off-shore accounts, etc. can't jeopardize or erase his no. 1 and Mister Bayern status. He was, he is and he shall be Mister Bayern forever despite all bad decisions and errors he made in the past as well as he's done them in the last 2 years at Bayern just as Ribery and Robben will be forever remembered as Bayern legends despite all the crap we see in the last 2 years.

Not doing anything to improve Bayern isn't Uli's style and that's why I'm so pissed of on him. He never used to do this what he's been doing ever since he returned from his jail sentence.

I recall Uli as a person whose face would become so red hot, his eyebrows fixed like concrete, his teeth in the closed mouth would be strongly squeezed when he would see Bayern underperforming, limited or humiliated against other European sides and he would start working on that how to change it and become better because he could never accept and stand to see that kind of situation.

I understand Uli's displeasure lately with everything around the club. I was like him too 5-6 years ago, not to mention 10-15 years ago, but times have changed, football has completely changed despite some of us never wanted it to change.
We thought that we could dominate if you set some rules in footballs regarding spending anarchy, bank loans and extreme losses at some European sides, bring to Bayern European domination and to Bundesliga glory and quick improvement, but it didn't happen. These sides found their ways to bypass every single regulation, not to mention how elite clubs complained 16 years on Fifa's idea to reintroduce some soft pre-Bosman rules regarding foreigners in other countries(6+5 instead of old 8+3) and that only caused anger and threats of forming Superliga.
Players are mercenaries, they turn their back when they see money and glory, otherwise Klopp and Dortmund would never fall down 4-5 years ago.
Clubs' traditions and old values are replaced by the power of money and globalism, opponents on the pitch are now friends and brothers, not fierce rivals or hostiles as it used to be in the past because in some countries and clubs, ie matches you can't see 6-7 domestic players among 22 players on the field who would play and die for those confronted sides.
Fan culture on stadiums have also changed and pushed away the old guard and values in the name of profit and even political correctness, globalist values, etc.

My dear Uli, nobody can take you away the past and giant credits; old glory times, days, victories, defeats, rules, way of work, etc. Thanks to all these things you've done, Bayern is what it is today and what it has been over the last 15-20 years. :wink: Everything literally thanks to you, Uli!

Try while you're still in charge to fix all this as you always knew to fix it when it's critical, your last chapter and then retire from something what's been your life, something called FC Bayern München! :cheers:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby gumboduncan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Bravo FCB general!!
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:53 am

HAHAHA a young squad???
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:49 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:HAHAHA a young squad???
Kimmich
Goretzka
Gnabry
Coman
Tolisso
Renato
Davies
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:HAHAHA a young squad???
Kimmich
Goretzka
Gnabry
Coman
Tolisso
Renato
Davies

Instead of always feasting on the shit people serve you, thinking would be a great change of pace... If he told you the earth was flat, you'd also believe it, right?

1.) He was talking about the current situation! If you count Davies, I'll count Kahn, Lothar and Effenberg!
2.) Coman and Tolisso are not a factor in Kovac's shitshows either
3.) We have the oldest average squad in Bundesliga and I think second (?) oldest in CL - how on **** earth is that young???
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:28 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:39 am

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Who do you want as Uli's hair? His replacement has to be German and a former Bayern legend, just like Uli. I think two of them are top candidate's. Oliver Kahn and Philipp Lahm. Both of them have the Bayern DNA and are loved by the fans. Personality wise Kahn would be more like Uli and Lahm would be more like Kalle. I'm not sure Schweini wants to go straight into management after his playing days. Matthäus is not an option for me at least.

Maybe Kalle will move over to be our next President for a few years until he'll retire himself. I would be happy with Kalle as our next President and Lahm as our CEO. Then Kahn replacing Kalle when he retires.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:58 am

I wouldn’t...

I want them all gone... Including Salihamidzic and Kovac!

I want people leading the club worthy of the name leaders
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion