You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Toni Kroos

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Would you like Kroos back at Bayern?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 86

Re: Toni Kroos

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:38 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:20 am

The back passer
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:The back passer

In Spain he is called "el camarero" (The waiter), the one who delivers from the back of the restaurant (kitchen) to the tables. :wink:
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:45 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:Kroos is getting on my nerves.

Since 2014 no?

Actually, since he started for Germany in 2012 and bowed them out of the Euros against Italy.

And while he was far. . . far from responsible for yesterday's loss (actually, one of the better players with some very good key passes and lobbed shots), Kimmich, I personally felt, gave him a run for his money in bossing the midfield. Bossing being FAR TOO GERNEROUS for Kroos. He simply disappears without the ball. With the ball, bellow the circle, he's a liability because he finds himself in situations where he cannot do what he does to control the opponents: stick his ass out and get a foul.

All of this for a player this forum has called the best midfielder on earth while the Spanish press he plays for can't seem to stop criticizing him. I've said it here time and time again: Without a supporting cast, Tony Kroos is not even a repertory actor. He wants to stick above the circle and spot an unmarked man. He doesn't track back, he won't get dirty.

And yet he plays defensive midfield for the champions of Europe and the World and that seems to be the reason this forum thinks he's the best around. . .

Interesting.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:35 pm

And another piece on Kroos, the 'best German midfielder' according to this forum.

According to Spiegel, and much to the agreement of Spanish media. . . "he has always been more of a team player than a leader, even if he sees himself as such. Kroos has always needed side players to develop his strengths."

Funny, I feel like 'he needs better midfielders next to him' has been said here time and time again. . . and yet somehow people here think he's the best around.

Interesting.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:11 pm

tflags wrote:And another piece on Kroos, the 'best German midfielder' according to this forum.

According to Spiegel, and much to the agreement of Spanish media. . . "he has always been more of a team player than a leader, even if he sees himself as such. Kroos has always needed side players to develop his strengths."

Funny, I feel like 'he needs better midfielders next to him' has been said here time and time again. . . and yet somehow people here think he's the best around.

Interesting.

It didn't say better midfielders. It meant midfielders who could complement him. Likewise, would you play a midfield with prime Pirlo as the only #6 with no midfielders who can tackle ahead of him? I guess not, eh? Now, would you say Pirlo was a bad player?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:And another piece on Kroos, the 'best German midfielder' according to this forum.

Interesting.

It didn't say better midfielders. It meant midfielders who could complement him. Likewise, would you play a midfield with prime Pirlo as the only #6 with no midfielders who can tackle ahead of him? I guess not, eh? Now, would you say Pirlo was a bad player?

I wouldn't go that far but I think it DOES speak to Kroos' versatility in recent years (or lack thereof).
Kroos seems to suffer more than others when he doesn't have a very particular 'system' around him. That doesn't mean he's a bad player or necessarily better or worse than whoever - but I think the requirements to get Kroos playing at his best in 2018 and recent years are a bit more specific than other players. Seems to me like other players - who may very well be "worse" at their peak - don't require so much 'catering' to get their best out of them
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Oh FFS he just needs someone doing the dirty work for him, that's all. He would thrive with a Frings or a Jeremies or an Ernst beside him, but played well despite Khedira not being a star. It's not his fault that Loew is not using him to the best of his abilities, i.e. playing a ball-winning defensive midfielder beside him. Why was Rode never ever capped for the senior NT?

If we only had a great CDM and no creative player next to him, similarly would the CDM suck?

Football is a game where 11* players from each team complement each other, that's why it's a team sport.

*More if it's Real Madrid**
**Just to piss off #12
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Interesting.

This can be said literally about any professional or non-professional football player on the planet. What a stupid remark.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion