You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:18 pm

So you're telling me that "how was Coutinho's cum" type of posts are not trash talk?
Better get your thoughts on before it's too late, I already warned about this type of talk, so this is the last time when I'm trying to somewhat calm everybody down.

The next time when I see someone offending other person it will result a 2 week ban.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:26 pm

How is that offending someone?

It’s just not objective how the guy is evaluated here...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:32 pm

I know it pretty much always turns into Coutinho vs Muller (just like it was James vs Muller) but I think we can all be honest in saying there's not a ton of value in evaluating a player based on a 10-minute cameo. Vast majority of players take that long to just get settled in and have a good feel for the match - there are very, very few who you can reasonably expect to make an immediate game-changing impact in such a short time, it just is what it is. So I don't really call Muller good or bad today, rather would just give a grade of "Incomplete" as I just don't think there's enough to reasonably judge by.

As for Coutinho, again, I try not to approach it as a Muller vs Coutinho thing. Regardless of what Muller did or didn't do, Coutinho simply wasn't very good today, and save for a solid performance against Spurs (which, frankly, is looking less and less impressive with their every passing match - just being honest, they are not who we thought they were) and two good performances against bottom-dwellers - he's just been largely "OK" thus far, unfortunately. Of course, I don't totally put all the blame on him, as he's being coached by a man with the tactical acumen of a shoe, but for the money he needs to be much better (I also think it was dumb to start him today. Clearly fatigued, both from playing lots and from travels)
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Asking about "How's someone's cum" is not offending? Like literally - thats imposing on people sucking that someone's dick.

@isiahrashad - I have this guy on ignore, but this member is all over your post and making us look like idiots. Please act.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:47 pm

zozon wrote:Asking about "How's someone's cum" is not offending? Like literally - thats imposing on people sucking that someone's dick.

@isiahrashad - I have this guy on ignore, but this member is all over your post and making us look like idiots. Please act.

No not "us"... And you don’t need me for that...

You’re literally THE most insulting user on here yet YOU demand bans and cry all the time... Weird...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:53 pm

#12 wrote:

Still a valuable measure (among others) to judge a players current performance...
from another thread

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Last edited by DRvad14 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:12 pm

Average I'm assuming to mean per match?

Makes me wonder how that lines up with xA and/or total expected goal contributions in that span. So I looked. It's actually rather interesting. At least in the Bundesliga, they're kinda trending in opposite directions: xG trending down, xA trending up.

Per 90 averages:
14/15 - 0.53 xG, 0.24 xA
15/16 - 0.67 xG, 0.29 xA
16/17 - 0.34 xG, 0.40 xA
17/18 - 0.27 xG, 0.47 xA
18/19 - 0.41 xG, 0.40 xA
19/20 - 0.28 xG, 0.68 xA

Of course I think most would readily say 15/16 was Muller's best season. But what's interesting is that this current season he's only 0.01 xG+xA/90 less than his best season ever (0.97 vs 0.96 per 90).
Of course, admittedly we understand that the smaller sampling size makes this comparison not entirely as useful as it could be, but still interesting nonetheless and not totally worthless.

What we also see (and I've been saying this without any regard to xG/xA, more or less confirms it for me) is that 15/16 was really an anomaly - an exception rather than the rule. I'm not saying Muller hasn't declined in some ways, but I think at the same time many kind of got spoiled by his output in 15/16 and simply expected that to always continue. But what this failed to realize is that this sort of scoring output was NEVER the norm for Muller, so I'm not sure why it caused us to re-frame our expectations so much. Everyone expects Messi to perform well, but once he scored 100 goals in a year, nobody felt like he regressed bigtime when he didn't do so again the next year - because people understood that was an absurd achievement and really was not something one should reasonably expect to be sustained. So - was it reasonable to expect Muller to maintain his 15/16 scoring rate when it was so far outside his career prior rates? I'm not sure it really was. We see now that Muller up until 2014/15 and Muller from 16/17 until now has been largely quite consistent in his numbers, both actual and expected: it's that 15/16 year that's the real outlier here.

Anyways, none of that really proves too much, all more or less just interesting facts to chew on, but hey, I'm bored!
What would also be interesting - probably for another time - is to look beyond just Muller's (or any one player) solo xG/xA tallies and rather look at the team totals for when he (or whoever) does/doesn't play. I think this is kind of the goal of xGchain/xGbuildup (and Muller has generally scored quite well in xGC, FWIW) but I'm not sure that's entirely the story they're designed to tell. Oh well, maybe someday I'll get around to it...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:18 pm

^ knew you would reply and ty . would it be possible when you have time to pull up data from 2012 in all competitions for bayern in all competitions?
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:31 pm

DRvad14 wrote:
#12 wrote:

Still a valuable measure (among others) to judge a players current performance...
from another thread

xG and xA as raw figures are ridiculous to use in this case. What needs to be compared is xG90 and xA90. Of course he's going to have lower xG this season when he plays for 10 mins at a time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:02 pm

MUTU wrote:
DRvad14 wrote:
#12 wrote:

from another thread

xG and xA as raw figures are ridiculous to use in this case. What needs to be compared is xG90 and xA90. Of course he's going to have lower xG this season when he plays for 10 mins at a time.

mark stop the BS(one of my attendings used to say that during my training days ) dont try to fit the picture. there is tweet over time line from some one abt a "predictive" projectile on performance (or as borusee said *Expected pretty much means the chance of an event happening and how many times you can expect it to happen when it's played out multiple times.) but u had seen that play it out in last few years . why is it so hard to see he isnt what he was ? pretty sure everyone appreciates{d} what he is what he has done and what means for the club and that belongs here yes he does deserve more time and yes he offers lot more (which i mean sporting and not sporting ) but stop with no with 90 mins or is to look beyond just Muller's (or any one player) solo xG/xA tallies and rather look at the team totals for when he (or whoever) does/doesn't play or make some random derivation when one player was playing muller doesnt preform ) as dumbledore said its worthelss its a probability close but not reality ( yea u like maths and u still want change in it coz it doesnt fit you) .cant have it both both ways doesnt work that way . idk what is with muller and scoring last few years skills wise he was and is and engima . easiest to get the ball back is to pass to him .

my attending used to continue with stop with bs vadu with cut like a man
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 pm

You literally liked the post before mine talking about xG and xA per 90. What gives? Do you seriously expect a guy to be 9 times better than his average? His numbers are great this year, as explained by aterford.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:16 pm

^what gives is what i ssaid!
e can all be honest in saying there's not a ton of value in evaluating a player based on a 10-minute cameo. Vast majority of players take that long to just get settled in and have a good feel for the match
and what explained would be nice if u take few mins to read
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:21 pm

I fail to understand you at all, like literally unable to follow what argument you're trying to make. But the only part I understood is basically using the logic of "Ulreich is not making as many saves as he was while Neuer was out injured". Yes no shit, he's not playing a similar amount of minutes so you can't compare like for like. This is not rocket science it should be very logical to everyone.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:22 pm

MUTU wrote:I fail to understand you at all, like literally unable to follow what argument you're trying to make. But the only part I understood is basically using the logic of "Ulreich is not making as many saves as he was while Neuer was out injured". Yes no shit, he's not playing a similar amount of minutes so you can't compare like for like. This is not rocket science it should be very logical to everyone.

dont worry abt it :)
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:31 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion