You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:34 pm

ellipsis ....! :D
DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:37 pm

If top clubs are determined by UCL success then only Real Madrid and Liverpool players can be sought out as a comparison. Therefore Messi and Neymar are irrelevant.

Also Gomez (in his prime) played a key role in winning the Treble and also scored in that 7-0 triumph over Barcelona. So his criticism seems absurd.Yes he’s nowhere near top class now but I don’t see any Bayern fan rooting for a Gomez return.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:01 pm

Well, I tend to agree, thing is before starting with Müller we should seriously ask us how many players we have on the level you mentioned...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Feels like only a few years ago Barça we’re champions. Guess they don’t count as a top club, since we only count the last four years.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 am

Similar to how folks here only remember the last six years

Ok sarcasm aside, both Bayern and Barcelona are nothing near their respective treble winning teams. Bayern have lost almost all of that starting eleven at Wembley and those who remain have got older and are not as good. Barcelona have lost Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi, Alves and Mascherano from that 2015 team. Suarez and Messi are now 4 years older, Busquets and Rakitic are nowhere near as good as they were.

If we are only gonna talk about UCL performances to judge players then only Real Madrid and Liverpool players stand that scrutiny.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:As I said, Müller is a Bayern legend and he is using his status in order to get more playing time.

Clever move from him, but by no means he is showing any class.

I strongly disagree. I think he wouldn't be showing any class if he was just happy earning his salary. He's being a true and ambitious professional; it's commendable from him and even Kalle agreed.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm

There is no more emotionally charged issue than this one in sports, i.e. playing time. I experienced the same thing at one point and there are only 2 options about it - to get more motivated or de-motivated. As long as Thomas is motivated to contribute and he's playing good from the bench or as a starter, there is no problem.

The only thing that I do not like about the situation are his comments in front of the newspapers, and no one can change my mind. We like to compare him to Bastian and Lahm, but I can't imagine either of them coming out and talking openly about such a thing. But after all, his problem of course is not with Cou, but with Kovac - "Of course, [Coutinho’s transfer] intensified the competition at my best position, but that isn’t the problem at all. It’s not about that at all. A coach has to make difficult decisions before every game.". We've talking alot about the things that keep one team at top level, and the squad competition is one of the most important things.

I bet he's going to start our next game, so we're going to see how the situation will calm inchmeal. :roll:
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:40 am

MUTU wrote:I strongly disagree. I think he wouldn't be showing any class if he was just happy earning his salary. He's being a true and ambitious professional; it's commendable from him and even Kalle agreed.

There is a big difference between being unhappy and saying you will work hard to regain your starting spot and saying that you are unhappy and might have to find another club. Especially when Müller has been out of the starting line up for just ONE single month.

He is clearly using his legend status in order to regain his starting spot. And that's truly unprofessional

Sky Sport users voted for the Germany squad they want to see at the Euros next year.

ImageImage

The world is full of Müller haters !!! :oops:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:30 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
MUTU wrote:I strongly disagree. I think he wouldn't be showing any class if he was just happy earning his salary. He's being a true and ambitious professional; it's commendable from him and even Kalle agreed.

There is a big difference between being unhappy and saying you will work hard to regain your starting spot and saying that you are unhappy and might have to find another club. Especially when Müller has been out of the starting line up for just ONE single month.

He is clearly using his legend status in order to regain his starting spot. And that's truly unprofessional

Sky Sport users voted for the Germany squad they want to see at the Euros next year.

ImageImage

It’s not about Germany... They have Havertz and Reus who are both better (fits)...

We got no such player except for the one Barcelona desperately wanted to get rid off and that desperately wanted to leave Barcelona - but not lose a single cent of his insane salary in the process - and that even there never sat on the bench for ONE MONTH...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:52 pm

^ do you really think reus and havertz are better (fit) ? actually i think muller has lot more to offer
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:55 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

ImageImage

Did he actually say that he wants to leave?

Also, that poll proves nothing except that even when he's 30, people still don't understand Mueller. To be fair, no one really does. Just ask EA Sports, he screwed their flagship game.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:30 pm

DRvad14 wrote:^ do you really think reus and havertz are better (fit) ? actually i think muller has lot more to offer

Well, Löw wants to play three at the back and quick on the counter - in that system IMHO they do...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:

ImageImage

Did he actually say that he wants to leave?

Also, that poll proves nothing except that even when he's 30, people still don't understand Mueller. To be fair, no one really does. Just ask EA Sports, he screwed their flagship game.

How so?
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:40 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:14 pm

wait, isnt that article 3 years old ? like the time when there were "no muller haters? " and he was a regular starter ?
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion