You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:52 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Awax » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:19 am

Class player, very good answer to the media.
I write 'Karma' on my money to make sure it comes back.
Awax
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:13 pm

If he sees himself as a starter and is not happy with a bench role, then thanks for everything and good luck in your new adventure.

Müller is a valuable player for Bayern, but if he is not going to accept his role the best for him would be to part ways.

I'm curious to see ramsej's opinion about this. According to him, Schweini left because of f****** Pep and Nonno Alonso. I guess he will use the same logic to criticise Kovac... right? :lol:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:37 pm

I am going to be cautious ... thing is that Basti was not complaining... at all.

Now everyone seems to be protesting 24/7
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Niko has done something that none of his predecessors couldn't do it - he has removed Müller from the first plan and from the main role no matter what. :)

Coaching names like Ancelotti, Heynckes and Guardiola(who are compared to Kovač football legends and top stuff) couldn't do such thing with the German forward.

I know very well how things work when you include emotions and feelings in all this, but I also know how it works when the same emotions and feelings are excluded from the bigger picture.

Now it's up to Kovač to force his authority in this case to the end or relent and lose reliability.

The only thing left for Müller is to regain his glory 2009-2016 days and once again get his role and position in the team. Will he manage to recover? I don't think so. Boateng, Hummels and Höwedes are also dead meat, Özil, Götze and Schürrle as well. We can continue counting all names and heroes between 2010-2014 period who are no longer anything special yet still enough 'young' to play 2-4 years of top football, but for the last 4-5 years that's been representing them a mission impossible scenario.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:26 pm

Yeah, and Van Gaal didn't bench Müller either.

Why would Pep bench Müller in 2014 or 2015? His declined started in 2016

Well, actually he benched him a couple of times (vs Real Madrid and vs Atletico) and he was HEAVILY criticised for that.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:04 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yeah, and Van Gaal didn't bench Müller either.

Why would Pep bench Müller in 2014 or 2015? His declined started in 2016

Well, actually he benched him a couple of times (vs Real Madrid and vs Atletico) and he was HEAVILY criticised for that.

so did Carlo.
DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I am going to be cautious ... thing is that Basti was not complaining... at all.

Now everyone seems to be protesting 24/7

What does that tell ya??
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:57 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:05 am

So basically Niko Kovac was ordered to play Mueller. Good.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:16 pm

As I said, Müller is a Bayern legend and he is using his status in order to get more playing time.

Clever move from him, but by no means he is showing any class.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ed. » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:42 pm

The club will never progress as long as Mueller is still around.
Thanks for all the great moments but it's time to move on.

The fact that he thinks he is a worthy no 10 and cites the double, clearly highlights the systemic issue with him and the club.
Yes, for a player with the heavy first touch of a barn door he is a great 10 when it comes to playing against the cannon fodder that is around 12 teams in the BL. If the cup and BL is all we look to aspire to in the next 5 yrs, sure Muller is your man.

If the club wants to push for a bit more as Juve, Liverpool etc are doing, then they need to look past loyalty that masks mediocrity.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:As I said, Müller is a Bayern legend and he is using his status in order to get more playing time.

Clever move from him, but by no means he is showing any class.

True Thomas shouldn’t have taken this rift up in the media. If he had a problem then discuss it with the coach and the bosses and avoid speaking in the public to cause more speculation and add fuel to the fire.

But I think a lot you guys here are being unfair on Müller and seem to have an anti-Thomas agenda.

@ Fenix: Thomas and Hummels were outstanding earlier in the year and were vital players in contributing to the double success. Labeling them finished is wrong and to include them with the likes of Ozil, Schulle and Boateng is incorrect. Of the 2014 batch only Neuer, Hummels and Thomas are the guys with something still to offer. Gotze has age on his side but he seems to be going nowhere. The game has become too physical and fast for Ozil and Boateng’s career has been in decline since Messi broke him in 2015.

My 2 cents: Loaning Coutinho was unnecessary and the only reason we got him was to placate the fans after the Sané failure. Not getting Leroy this past summer was a disaster for Bayern as well as the National team.
Niko has also not been fair on Muller regards playing time and seems biased towards the Brazilian. Granted Coutinho is very talented but he hasn’t been anything extraordinary so far. Niko should have played Thomas in the Hoffenheim game and has so far not been smarter with diving playing time in the squad.

Kovac is playing with fire by irritating a club legend like Thomas Müller, so he better deliver the results or else his time could be up very soon.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 pm

We have never lost to Hoffenheim at home with Müller in the starting XI...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:27 pm

The top clubs have players like Messi, Salah, Neymar that can do everything: run, shoot, pass, dribble... why is it that at Bayern we settle for players that have half the attributes? We want Gomez and Müller, running and shooting yes, and the touch and dribble ability of a new born foal.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion