You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Müller

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Müller

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Anyone who thinks that the Bayern board will sell Müller is just plain stupid. The only way Müller will leave Bayern is like Schweinsteiger did, by asking for a transfer himself. I doubt Müller wants to leave his boyhood club, a club which he is the most popular player by a mile. He is Mr. Bayern as both Kalle and Uli have said.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:50 pm

That popularity suffered bigtime, at least for me! Calling for him to be a super sub from now on would be an insult to the word super... Or the word sub...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby klinsmann » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:09 pm

There is no right or wrong,
only yes and no. The rest are just bullshit.
klinsmann
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 pm

As a senior player he deserves the criticism. No one is talking about selling him, but the best scenario in my eyes for him is using him to rest James or Gnabry or Coman (Robben) - it depends who Kovac is going to use on the wing.
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 pm

I am!

Been protecting his sorry ass for too long now!

If we do not sell him now, it’s make or break!

No interest in wasting squad spots for someone who trips getting water for actual players!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:53 pm

After Ancelotti's arrival, his career has gone so down and I'm not sure if he ever returns to his best what he reached in 2015/2016 season, ie Guardiola's last season at Bayern. He looks so terrible that no wonder why Germany has faced a historic elimination. Löw's favourite senators cost him this time, unlike Podolski and co.

Even this season at Bayern looked really bad for Müller while in Germany's shirt his status as a starter is over.

At Bayern... As long as Hoeneß and Arschloch are in charge, use Kovač and similar coaches to protect their asses and decisions not to go for the further investments in wingers and other players... Müller is very likely safe and he will continue in the same direction.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:58 pm

He peaked early and his downfall already started last season

He's never been fast, skilled, good dribbler etc but his decision making was superb.

Nowadays everyone knows Thomas Mueller and how to stop him. He can only be useful in BL against poor defenses.
Last edited by YlonenXabi on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:59 pm

FCB general wrote:After Ancelotti's arrival, his career has gone so down and I'm not sure if he ever returns to his best what he reached in 2015/2016 season, ie Guardiola's last season at Bayern. He looks so terrible that no wonder why Germany has faced a historic elimination. Löw's favourite senators cost him this time, unlike Podolski and co.

Even this season at Bayern looked really bad for Müller while in Germany's shirt his status as a starter is over.

At Bayern... As long as Hoeneß and Arschloch are in charge, use Kovač and similar coaches to protect their asses and decisions not to go for the further investments in wingers and other players... Müller is very likely safe and he will continue in the same direction.

Well, yeah... I just realised that after writing my post.. I don't even feel him as a leader of the team anymore.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Achilles » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 pm

From Germany is finished unless they change the formation.
As things stands now(James starter,Lewy stays,boosting Coman Gnabry) Muller is done from Bayern's XI
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:07 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:He peaked early and his downfall already started last season

He's never been fast, skilled, good dribbler etc but his decision taking was superb.

Nowadays everyone knows Thomas Mueller and how to stop him. He can only be useful in BL against poor defenses.

And the most important - kein Müller-Tor.

His goals coming fromvthe 2nd plan or scoring them out of nowhere were his trademark and what actually made him a very good and crucial player in 2009-2016 era.

Without Müller-goal, he is no longer a recognizable player in football. The other aspects of the game also declined although he assisted very often in 2016/2017, but that's not exactly what was his main role and the expectation in the team.

You have mentioned Bundesliga... Unfortunately, not even in the quite weaker today's Bundesliga than 5-6 years ago. He struggled under Jupp, too. Heynckes tried to revive his form and games, but even the old legendary German coach couldn't do anything about this.

His first professional season is almost as perfect. What he didn't win back then was CL final and WC title 2010.

His career for such a player is absolutely outstanding, rich, wonderful! He played a major part in many titles and achievements both at Bayern and Germany.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 pm

#12 wrote:I am!

Been protecting his sorry ass for too long now!

If we do not sell him now, it’s make or break!

No interest in wasting squad spots for someone who trips getting water for actual players!

Lets not forget that this "useless" player was Bundesliga's top assist maker last season with 14 assists and also scored 8 goals. Toni Kroos had 7 assists in La Liga, just to make a point.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 pm

It’s **** Bundesliga... Look, these **** are so complacent they cannot even up their game to beat **** South Korea... That barely made it to the tournament in what can only be called the shithole of soccer in the world! I mean I know it’s disrespectful, but probably if there was a **** Antarctica Federation they'd be better...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 pm

FCB general wrote:You have mentioned Bundesliga... Unfortunately, not even in the quite weaker today's Bundesliga than 5-6 years ago. He struggled under Jupp, too. Heynckes tried to revive his form and games, but even the old legendary German coach couldn't do anything about this.

His first professional season is almost as perfect. What he didn't win back then was CL final and WC title 2010.

His career for such a player is absolutely outstanding, rich, wonderful! He played a major part in many titles and achievements both at Bayern and Germany.

Yes amazing start to his career. Never amazing technically but he used to have to technique to accomplish what his high situational awareness found as the vulnerabilities in opposition defenses.

Unfortunately opponents have caught on to his game, and the required technical level to play at the top of the game keeps increasing. Since his penalty miss against Atletico Madrid he has become a shell of his former self. Would love to see a coach rehabilitate him, but if Heynckes couldn't do it I am afraid Thomas is done as a starter at the high level. Would like to be proved wrong but it's hard to see otherwise.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:53 pm

I won’t blame Kimmich for going forward in attack so often. At RB Kimmich is also expected to perform as a RW because Thomas sucks as a RW and then Löw plays a CM at RW :lol:

I would still give Muller one final season to atone himself but I think he’s done at the top level.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

Postby hrosenberg33 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:27 am

What is a Raumdeuter? | Tactics Explained - Tifo Football
hrosenberg33
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

PreviousNext