You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:21 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:From what I've seen from Martinez I'm not really sure he knows exactly what Pep wants, and at this point I'm not even sure Pep knows where to fit him in either. That's why he keeps replacing Kroos and not Rafinha (putting Lahm back to RB). Lahm is currently a better option than him, just look at Lahm's positioning and the way he's organizing the midfield. It's not that Lahm is a better midfielder, it's just that Martinez can't seem to adapt to the same role for now. (Just look at how many times he collides in the air with one of the CBs - he clearly doesn't seem to know where he should be at times). And look how Pep keeps pushing him up to the attacking midfield. I think he has a very different role in mind for Martinez (than last year), but in order to get there they both probably need some time...

As for Thiago, his movement with the ball is just amazing though, like really, one of a kind, or at least that's what it looks like to me...he could be such an amazing player in time. He also takes more risks, which is why for now I don't think he's very suitable to play for Schweini or Kroos, and I see him more as a replacement in one of the attacking midfielder positions.

Good post and it reflects what I am thinking. After Thiago settles in and gets used to our players runs etc...his contribution will be great. I am fine with him playing next to Kroos at CAM as long as Schweini is behind them [or Martinez figures out what Pep wants from him].
The worst thing about all of this is Lahm not playing at RB. Because of that our right side is suffering and is not nearly as good on attack as it was last season when it didnt matter much if Muller or Robben was there as long as Lahm was behind them we were just killing teams from that flank. Right ans Left flank was much more balanced when Lahm was RB. Now it is like right flank doesnt exist. Muller, Gotze, Shaqiri...it really doesnt matter who plays there we are just not that good enough with Rafinha who adapted his defending game. Rafinha is btw doing a great job on right side when it comes to closing down as I really cant remember when was the last time we conceded a goal or a cross from that left side of the pitch, but same thing could be said for attacking from that flank as we dont put many crosses in and no overlaps, 1-2s etc... Lahm was just great at balancing defensive and attacking play.

I went a little offtopic here:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:04 pm

To be honest it is a little to early to judge Thiago just yet, he is in his first season with a new club in a different country and culture so i dont expect him to get it perfectly right away. Its obvious he is improving and has the talent to be a legend in my opinion...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Ex-Barça: Thiago: “At Bayern I am not the homegrown kid” [source]

Spoiler: show
Coming back to Barcelona is always a moment of happiness for Thiago Alcántara (22). Normally, the Alcántara family travels back to Brazil to celebrate Christmas but not this year. This year the Alcántaras are staying in Barcelona. Thiago just won the Club World Cup for the second time in his career and even managed to score in the final. His first milestone for FC Bayern Munich. The player shared his first moments at home with Catalan newspaper Sport as he was doing a workout organised by “5-hour ENERGY”, an energy drink. Read the translation of his interview after the jump.

Bayern is dominating at the moment, do you think they can achieve what FC Barcelona did during the Pep era?

It is very difficult to mark an era in football. Barcelona was feared in all of Europe and all over the world. It is very difficult to get opponents to respect and fear you. Bayern now have another goal in assimilating [Josep] Guardiola’s style and to keep on winning matches and titles.

How did you manage to adapt so quickly to the German champions?

It was easy both on a professional and on a personal level. My team mates are fantastic and they made everything a lot easier.

Do you and [Mario] Götze form a partnership in midfield that people will talk about for many years?[/b]

I think that good players are not those who make the difference on their own, but those who make their colleagues feel comfortable and play better. Götze is one of them. I feel very comfortable playing by his side and everybody trusts him. He is a player that will mark an era.

Do you feel that in Munich they understand your style of play more than in Barcelona?

In Bayern I changed my style compared to the one I had in Barcelona. Now, I try to assimilate to the style the team has. I am more comfortable and my game can be more relaxed. It’s not that they understand me better, I just play in a different position.

Don’t they expect a lot from you in Munich?

I’m not the child of the house here. Playing for Barça is a great experience but right now I have the ambition to play in Munich and hopefully I can achieve my goals. That would be nice. In Barcelona they expected a lot more from me because of the players that come through the youth ranks before me and exceeding what they have been doing would be very difficult. I don’t regret anything as I am very happy at Bayern.

Do you think you have gained a better footballing status in Germany?

The people like football and I try to please them. To make them enjoy football. In the Allianz [Arena] they worship football. You even have crazy supporters who don’t watch the game but face the audience and make them cheer! It makes you realise how much the people love this team.

Is Pep Guardiola different in the way he is coaching Bayern than the way he was managing Barça?

It’s different, yes. In Barcelona he was a man of the house who loves the club and always gave his all. Now he is at a club that’s also big but that can grow even more because they have a coach who has no roof.

In Munich he no longer has to be a coach, a president, a spokesman…

Why do you say that?

In Barcelona he had to deal with almost every incident…

Guardiola proved that he is a manager that controls his locker room very well. The players he has known all respect him and he also respects his squad. This combination makes the people give him a lot of power so that he can take decisions.

Your contract ends in 2017 and you said that you don’t want to speculate on your future but in the summer you were nice enough not to give priority to Real Madrid’s offer, is that correct?

In the summer my priority was to think about my decision to leave Barça. If it was [a] good decision or not. It was the most important decision of my life, and the most complicated one as well because I was formed here and I wore the Barça colours with pride. Since I was little I wanted to play football, but to me it was only natural (not to join Madrid).

Is there a problem of hierarchy in Barcelona’s dressing room?

No way! We, being Tello, Bartra, Montoya & me, arrived after Busquets and Pedro who already were part of the team as if they have played there for many years. I am very grateful to the dressing room and proud to have been part of the team

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby JJJ » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: You even have crazy supporters who don’t watch the game but face the audience and make them cheer!

**** yeah, BUNDESLIGA!
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Constantine » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:12 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:btw...anyone else noticed all those mistakes he made yesterday? I mean like he is over-confident at times and acts stupid when all he needs to do is to pass it around. Our game hugely dropped after Kroos went out. All those GK/defensive mistakes when we couldnt get the ball out of the defensive half. We need Schweini back fast in order to fix that because he knows how to organize the midfield and i am sure Thiago wont be acting stupid with those passes:)

Yes but he has had more contact with the ball per game than any other player in the Bundesliga; statistically speaking he's bound to lose possession more often than any other player. On the other hand I bet he just dethroned Kroos as the most important chance creator in the liga.
Constantine
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Welcome to the forum, Constantine :wave:

I think Kroos and Thiago are both great, and both have their strengths and weaknesses. Let's not forget that Thiago needs to settle in a new league, climate and team. So far, I'm happy with what he brought on the table.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:14 am

Expect Martinez or a Pep slap vs Gladbach

Spoiler: show
"Thiago can be a little lax which drives Guardiola up the wall," the former Germany star told Kicker.

"He has great movement and creativity in his game. He's a fantastic footballer who has a good effect on the field but also off it, which is very good for the club." [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Kroos who?

Possibly the goal of the season! What a goal!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Kroos who?

Yeah... this guy :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 pm

That goal deserves a gif :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Kroos who?

Yeah... this guy :P

Whatever does the Fox say! :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby runaway » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:02 pm

I don't know what's more unbelievable, the goal or Rafinha... =D>
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:33 pm

I don't know if it was only me or not but Thiago had a low key match until the 93rd m or to be more honest he improved a lot when Kroos was subbed off. He made a lot of mistakes... Then that cracker .... I watched the game at our local Fan club and I spent almost the entire game criticizing him... He did just this to me :-$
=D> =D> =D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 pm

He still loses the ball way too much and he's way too easy to knock off the ball. He also wouldn't be able to fill the single pivot role like Lahm at the moment. Props to the goal though.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Element » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:07 am

ramsej84 wrote:I don't know if it was only me or not but Thiago had a low key match until the 93rd m or to be more honest he improved a lot when Kroos was subbed off. He made a lot of mistakes... Then that cracker .... I watched the game at our local Fan club and I spent almost the entire game criticizing him... He did just this to me :-$
=D> =D> =D>

Kroos and Thiago together doesnt work at all

And as you said, the moment Kroos went out ,Thiago got much better
And the goal was the icing on the cake...no .. IT WAS THE ENTIRE CAKE DAMMIT
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion