You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Badger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:08 pm

^^ Yes, apologies for using this thread. I had placed my original comment in this thread, so I had to re-quote it here too.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I agree yesterday he was super. but put it in the player thread instead of the injury one.Almost gave me a heart attack

Moved, but I fear I may have been too late and some users have already suffered heart attacks. Has anyone seen tflags? :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:26 am

And he's finally opened his scoring account with FC Bayern, on the way to us being crowned world champions!

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Kalev » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:34 am

I remember that he scored in Telekom cup (not sure if it was that tournament) against Gladbach with chest.
Kalev
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:35 am

Kalev wrote:I remember that he scored in Telekom cup (not sure if it was that tournament) against Gladbach with chest.

Maybe in a friendly preseason tournament/match, but not in an official competitive match. This was his first competitive goal for FC Bayern.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ruht » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:50 am

MUTU wrote:And he's finally opened his scoring account with FC Bayern, on the way to us being crowned world champions!

Brilliant one at that. Not too shabby for a first goal!
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Good goal. He is getting there.

btw...anyone else noticed all those mistakes he made yesterday? I mean like he is over-confident at times and acts stupid when all he needs to do is to pass it around. Our game hugely dropped after Kroos went out. All those GK/defensive mistakes when we couldnt get the ball out of the defensive half. We need Schweini back fast in order to fix that because he knows how to organize the midfield and i am sure Thiago wont be acting stupid with those passes:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Achilles » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Good goal. He is getting there.

btw...anyone else noticed all those mistakes he made yesterday? I mean like he is over-confident at times and acts stupid when all he needs to do is to pass it around. Our game hugely dropped after Kroos went out. All those GK/defensive mistakes when we couldnt get the ball out of the defensive half. We need Schweini back fast in order to fix that because he knows how to organize the midfield and i am sure Thiago wont be acting stupid with those passes:)
I definetely agree,I'm waiting for improvement at Thiago's passes,I still don't get it,Martinez is fit and he still is on the bench,we can see clearly that we lack a real DMF,besides that Lahm-Thiago is still the duo,none of them a real DMF and top of that we have to deal with Thiago's impressive Ronaldinho style passes.We have the best RB,we don't play him there,we have maybe the best DMF he is on the bench,it's really confusing and Pep has to make the things more simple,all these complicated things doesn't get the team nowhere,still defensive problems.
I'm hoping Schweini returns in a decent form and Thiago being his replacement but as I see it till now Pep has another plans,maybe I'm wrong I hope so
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:26 am

Achilles wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:Good goal. He is getting there.

I definetely agree,I'm waiting for improvement at Thiago's passes,I still don't get it,Martinez is fit and he still is on the bench,we can see clearly that we lack a real DMF,besides that Lahm-Thiago is still the duo,none of them a real DMF and top of that we have to deal with Thiago's impressive Ronaldinho style passes.We have the best RB,we don't play him there,we have maybe the best DMF he is on the bench,it's really confusing and Pep has to make the things more simple,all these complicated things doesn't get the team nowhere,still defensive problems.
I'm hoping Schweini returns in a decent form and Thiago being his replacement but as I see it till now Pep has another plans,maybe I'm wrong I hope so

I agree Thiago tries to do too much in my opinion but Martinez hasnt been himself this season in my opinion also. Thiago in my opinion just needs more experience, i doubt he is used to playing regular football so he feels he has to make a big statement every time he plays. I think Thiago will eventually set in and his decision making will improve in time. For the time being i am content with his performances so far this season.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:07 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
I agree Thiago tries to do too much in my opinion but Martinez hasnt been himself this season in my opinion also.

Based on what? It's not like he's played much...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:12 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:
I agree Thiago tries to do too much in my opinion but Martinez hasnt been himself this season in my opinion also.

Seconded. How much has Martinez really played for you to draw such conclusion?
It hurts me to see him sitting on bench. It's been almost 5-6 games continuously.

Pep, just try out the guy for a few matches without interruption at 6.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:37 am

AdepT wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

Seconded. How much has Martinez really played for you to draw such conclusion?
It hurts me to see him sitting on bench. It's been almost 5-6 games continuously.

Pep, just try out the guy for a few matches without interruption at 6.

Ive seen a couple games where he has played well but overall nothing similar to last season. I guess he is still rusty but at the moment i need more convincing. I hope he can get some rest this break and get back to his previous form...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby The Black Cleaver » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:04 pm

I am very happy with Thiago's performances so far and he deserves to be in first eleven selection! One of the best Bayern players on the field in recent matches after comeback from injury. His creativity, flair and movement are incredible. He is still young. He only needs more experiences, adaption, more playing time and then he will become one of the top midfielders on the planet! Very good purchase for the club! =D>
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby envagyokazapad » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:06 pm

From what I've seen from Martinez I'm not really sure he knows exactly what Pep wants, and at this point I'm not even sure Pep knows where to fit him in either. That's why he keeps replacing Kroos and not Rafinha (putting Lahm back to RB). Lahm is currently a better option than him, just look at Lahm's positioning and the way he's organizing the midfield. It's not that Lahm is a better midfielder, it's just that Martinez can't seem to adapt to the same role for now. (Just look at how many times he collides in the air with one of the CBs - he clearly doesn't seem to know where he should be at times). And look how Pep keeps pushing him up to the attacking midfield. I think he has a very different role in mind for Martinez (than last year), but in order to get there they both probably need some time...

As for Thiago, his movement with the ball is just amazing though, like really, one of a kind, or at least that's what it looks like to me...he could be such an amazing player in time. He also takes more risks, which is why for now I don't think he's very suitable to play for Schweini or Kroos, and I see him more as a replacement in one of the attacking midfielder positions.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Badger » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:17 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:From what I've seen from Martinez I'm not really sure he knows exactly what Pep wants, and at this point I'm not even sure Pep knows where to fit him in either. That's why he keeps replacing Kroos and not Rafinha (putting Lahm back to RB). Lahm is currently a better option than him, just look at Lahm's positioning and the way he's organizing the midfield. It's not that Lahm is a better midfielder, it's just that Martinez can't seem to adapt to the same role for now. (Just look at how many times he collides in the air with one of the CBs - he clearly doesn't seem to know where he should be at times). And look how Pep keeps pushing him up to the attacking midfield. I think he has a very different role in mind for Martinez (than last year), but in order to get there they both probably need some time...

As for Thiago, his movement with the ball is just amazing though, like really, one of a kind, or at least that's what it looks like to me...he could be such an amazing player in time. He also takes more risks, which is why for now I don't think he's very suitable to play for Schweini or Kroos, and I see him more as a replacement in one of the attacking midfielder positions.

I'd strongly agree with your points there - especially the comments on Pep, Martinez and Lahm.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion