You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Who is better?

Thomas Müller
54%
Philippe Coutinho
46%

Total votes : 26

Re: Team Coutinho vs Team Müller: Arena

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:17 am

aaaaaa wrote:dont know what you guys were watching but Muller is where balls go to die

Ok this is the kind of bullshit opinion portrayed as reality that irritates me. “Team Coutinho” so far has no solid arguments other than say baseless things that have no foundation in reality and then claim that Thomas sucks and Coutinho is better.

@ aaaaaa: In case you didn’t watch the match today please go and see Bayern’s 2nd and 3rd goals today and see who assisted said goals without making the ball die.

Also please watch this:

See the video at 1:52:10. It is the 91st minute and Thomas wins possession back and sets up Bayern for a counter and passes the ball to your dear Brazilian and then the ball dies at Coutinho’s feet. Coutinho makes a mess of a very good chance to at least put a shot on target.

Facts: Müller has been better than Coutinho this season so far and deserves to start over the Brazilian on current form.
And Facts>Personal Opinions. Facts will always beat Opinions.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aaaaaa » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:01 am

America USA wrote:
aaaaaa wrote:dont know what you guys were watching but Muller is where balls go to die

Ok this is the kind of bullshit opinion portrayed as reality that irritates me. “Team Coutinho” so far has no solid arguments other than say baseless things that have no foundation in reality and then claim that Thomas sucks and Coutinho is better.

@ aaaaaa: In case you didn’t watch the match today please go and see Bayern’s 2nd and 3rd goals today and see who assisted said goals without making the ball die.

Also please watch this:

See the video at 1:52:10. It is the 91st minute and Thomas wins possession back and sets up Bayern for a counter and passes the ball to your dear Brazilian and then the ball dies at Coutinho’s feet. Coutinho makes a mess of a very good chance to at least put a shot on target.

Facts: Müller has been better than Coutinho this season so far and deserves to start over the Brazilian on current form.

yes he has been better than Coutinho so far but that doesnt say much does it;
now do all the videos he has lost the ball cause of his nonexistent technique
aaaaaa
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:18 pm

aaaaaa wrote:yes he has been better than Coutinho so far but that doesnt say much does it;

The topic of this thread is who deserves to start for Bayern right now: Müller or Coutinho. So I guess we both agree that until the summer window when/if we buy Havertz, until then either of these two gotta play and on current form it has to be the German.

Yes Müller’s technique sucks. I know that and that’s why I expected him to miss that shot on goal he had yesterday. However, he has made a career out of his unconventional play style and done ok. I’m no Müller blind fan because I heavily criticized him in 2018 and he was one of Germany’s worst player in the WC and the Nations league. However, since the start of 2019 he has been doing better and is contributing to the team. I respect his contributions and would love to see Bayern win because of that.

And it is not that I don’t want there to be competition for places but the competition has to be fair. Under Niko it was anything but fair when Coutinho regardless of his form kept getting starts!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:07 pm

America USA wrote:
aaaaaa wrote:yes he has been better than Coutinho so far but that doesnt say much does it;

The topic of this thread is who deserves to start for Bayern right now: Müller or Coutinho. So I guess we both agree that until the summer window when/if we buy Havertz, until then either of these two gotta play and on current form it has to be the German.

Yes Müller’s technique sucks. I know that and that’s why I expected him to miss that shot on goal he had yesterday. However, he has made a career out of his unconventional play style and done ok. I’m no Müller blind fan because I heavily criticized him in 2018 and he was one of Germany’s worst player in the WC and the Nations league. However, since the start of 2019 he has been doing better and is contributing to the team. I respect his contributions and would love to see Bayern win because of that.

And it is not that I don’t want there to be competition for places but the competition has to be fair. Under Niko it was anything but fair when Coutinho regardless of his form kept getting starts!

Müller’s playing centrally again and not as a makeshift winger, where his form almost always drops
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:08 pm

aaaaaa wrote:
America USA wrote:

Also please watch this:

yes he has been better than Coutinho so far but that doesnt say much does it;

Oh right like Coutinho never lost a ball...

I‘m very sorry you lost your eyesight, Siri typing that for you? All the best!
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:22 pm

I want this thread closed.

Coutinho and Muller seem comfortable together on the pitch. It was Kovac who made like it was a VS battle.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 pm

zozon wrote:I want this thread closed.

Coutinho and Muller seem comfortable together on the pitch. It was Kovac who made like it was a VS battle.

Dude, whatever you took, take less!

No idea what you saw
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm

#12 wrote:
zozon wrote:I want this thread closed.

Dude, whatever you took, take less!

No idea what you saw

I agree though. Same thing with James when he was here.
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Why shouldn’t they be? They’re pros... Doesn’t make much sense to play them both though...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:43 am

America USA wrote:

This is a good summary of the situation.
What we need is a player that has the best of both, and in De Bruyne we could have had that player several years ago :roll:

Anyway, there's no doubting Muller has raised his level with current performances especially in running and ball recovery. Coutinho doesn't and cannot provide that.

Muller will not make a difference on the ball though when it comes to playing the best in the CL.
Every player of opposing teams at that level has the soft skills he brings, so it's not going to make any difference.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:04 am

In my heart of hearts I am hoping we go for Eriksen but thats for another thread.... :coffee:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:39 am

I have a couple points about Muller that I feel deserve consideration. First, you might have seen this tweet:
Can't see tweet? Click here!

However, this understates the degree of Thomas Muller's accomplishment. You see, transfermarkt also collects assist data. Their methodology is different and their definition of an assist more expansive, but the important thing is that they have assist data since the beginning of the Bundesliga. For instance, Gerd Muller has 97 recorded assists, while Franz Beckenbauer has 69. Anyways,under their ranking(you need to sort the table for assists) Thomas Muller by far the most assists of any player in Bundesliga history, with 130. Ribery is next most with 120, then comes Andreas Möller with 108, Ze Roberto with 97, Gerd Muller with 97, and Mehmet Scholl with 91.

In terms of players other than T. Muller that still have a chance to increase their Bundesliga assist totals, it comes down to Gonzalo Castro with 77, Pizarro with 76, and Reus with 75.

So, you see, Thomas Muller is the greatest assister in Bundesliga history, and not by a small margin. This is why I find so strange whenever people claim he isn't a creative player.

Moreover, one of the crucial things about evaluating Thomas Muller is that, although there are a few attacking midfielders that are as good offensively as he is, only a tiny number of those are also as good defensively as he is. I honestly struggle to think of many other than Kevin De Bruyne, although I'm sure I'm forgetting several names. My point though is that we need to give a great importance to defensive ability and workrate when we consider successors to Thomas Muller(he is 30 after all), which the club hasn't been doing. Twice now we've tried to replace Muller with silky Latin American attacking midfielders while only thinking about their supposed offensive value and without considering defense at all, and twice now it hasn't worked out well at all.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:21 am

Don’t you let any Coutinho lover read that, they’re gonna charge at you! Not with arguments, but polemics, of course...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Hardrade » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:11 pm

I am convinced. It’s 13-12 for Cou, so I will change my vote right now.
Hardrade
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Hardrade wrote:I am convinced. It’s 13-12 for Cou, so I will change my vote right now.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion