You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sven Ulreich

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sven Ulreich

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:04 pm

aterford wrote:Let's be honest. It's going to be Ulreich for the rest of the season. Ought to start accepting it now.....

I am still slightly optimistic that we will see Manuel back in late April. How he performs after that is another question.

And if worst does come to the worst then God help Bayern (and Ulreich) against the likes of Barca, Citeh, Spurs(Kane), Liverpool, etc.
Last edited by America USA on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Ever stopped to think that if our weal and woe is dependent on one player, and on top of it a goalie - we might not be as good as "you" (meaning the uber-over-enthusiasts...) think?!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:04 pm

#12 wrote:Ever stopped to think that if our weal and woe is dependent on one player, and on top of it a goalie - we might not be as good as "you" (meaning the uber-over-enthusiasts...) think?!

This is a stupid statement. A good goalkeeper can single handedly keep a team in the game.

Without De Gea and his contributions, Man United would be level with Arsenal in the PL table right now. The importance of a good goal keeper cannot be understated. Even Atletico who frequently park the bus have to often rely on Oblak to pull off terrific saves.

Btw,
#12 wrote:Well it’s 33% for one of them if I‘m not mistaken? That’s not toooo shabby...
And "fine" is something else in my book... He played a couple of games, yes, but I was aiming at regular match practice...
We need to be able to score away first and foremost if we want to win anything in this competition - and that’s not Neuers task...

Dude. Seriously?
Neuer was starting almost all games for Bayern last season until the March international break. I just checked out our lineups from 12 months ago and Manuel was a constant in all of our games across all three competitions. So to say that Neuer hasn’t “kept goal in basically 18 months” is ignorant at best and lying at worst.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Yeah but if we cannot at least stand a chance of advancing without Neuer, we‘re not really that good...
And parking the bus doesn’t guarantee no opportunities... Might call that "stupid" as well...

As for your second statement: I was under the impression he played for like 2 months before getting injured again... That’s not really enough to get back to full strength, is it? Hence the 18 months... I didn’t double check though, so I might be wrong... Still if you could dispense with the condescending tone I‘d appreciate it!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:35 am

#12 wrote:Yeah but if we cannot at least stand a chance of advancing without Neuer, we‘re not really that good...
And parking the bus doesn’t guarantee no opportunities... Might call that "stupid" as well...

I never said Bayern stand zero chance without Neuer. However, Bayern with Neuer would be a better team.

And Parking the bus can make semi-decent goalkeepers look top class. I know Parking the bus doesn’t mean no opportunities but it does earn many half decent chaps clean sheets.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:34 am

Be it as it may: Ulreich saved us quite a few points this season... Yes, he might’ve cost us some against Wolfsburg, but he saved like 4 penalties in a row (even though Uth scored in his second attempt...) - not tooo shabby...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:00 am

#12 wrote:Be it as it may: Ulreich saved us quite a few points this season... Yes, he might’ve cost us some against Wolfsburg, but he saved like 4 penalties in a row (even though Uth scored in his second attempt...) - not tooo shabby...

I agree that Sven has done a remarkable job since Jupp took over. If he can deliver in the KO games in the CL then he deserves utmost respect.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

America USA wrote:
#12 wrote:Be it as it may: Ulreich saved us quite a few points this season... Yes, he might’ve cost us some against Wolfsburg, but he saved like 4 penalties in a row (even though Uth scored in his second attempt...) - not tooo shabby...

I agree that Sven has done a remarkable job since Jupp took over. If he can deliver in the KO games in the CL then he deserves utmost respect.

Confident he can although Neuer is obviously better.

Motivation will be a big factor which can help him and us.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 pm

BAYERN-TORWART „Ancelotti stand nicht auf mich!“ Ulreich erklärt Form-Explosion [source]

Sven: My good games started when Jupp Heynckes arrived. I immediately had his confidence,I didn’t have that feeling with his predecessor. Confidence is the most important thing for an athlete. It was crucially important that Jupp gave me self-confidence and told expressed his trust in me. Before that it really was the case that Carlo didn’t count on me, had little confidence in me, communicated little. A lot happens with confidence for a soccer player. Getting that from the coach and the leadership is half the battle, especially for a goalkeeper. The World Cup is the biggest thing there is. Of course that's also a goal of mine. But if it doesn't happen, I won't be sad.

Jupp: When I came to Bayern with Peter Hermann, he did not enjoy any appreciation or self-confidence. He then worked intensively with our goalkeeping coach Toni Tapalovic, and we stayed in constant conversation. He realized what enormous potential he has. Toni's training is very good. We often watch scenes from training and games. It helps to see.

I'm starting soon #UlreichtoRussia tag on twitter. He deserves it more than Leno and way more than Trapp in my eyes.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:03 pm

This is interesting because if I remember correctly when Jupp was announced there were (unfounded) rumors that he prefers Starke
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:10 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby bastos80 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:11 pm

I feel so bad for him...
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Yeah, I'm more sorry than pissed.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Tue May 01, 2018 10:14 pm

I’m not even gonna blame him. Blame it on the people who made such error count after endless misses in the first leg. Ulreich has had a brilliant season so far. One error (albeit quite ridiculous lol) should not take that from him

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Tue May 01, 2018 10:35 pm

Poor guy. He saved our asses so many times this season. An entirely different player compared to a year ago. I know it probably sounds funny, but I'm really proud of Ulreich. Easily our most improved player this year. It was a terrible, terrible mistake, but he has been so good for us all season (in such a crap circumstance) and has been a real team player. I just can't bring it to myself to be too hard on him. Crap mistake, and so he will be graded harshly, but the shouts to sell him or whatever are ridiculous IMO
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion