You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Serge Gnabry [Serge David Gnabry]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Serge Gnabry [Serge David Gnabry]

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Have you checked who won the same award last season? :?
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Have you checked who won the same award last season? :?

Doesn’t really make a difference since Gnabry performed great last season and has a lot of potential to fulfill.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:08 am

Yes, but that doesn't change my point of view either. Lewandowski, Kimmich and Thiago performed better than him IMO
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Fénix » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:38 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, but that doesn't change my point of view either. Lewandowski, Kimmich and Thiago performed better than him IMO

I share the same view and I'm totally surprised, but all I can say about the Gnabry's award is that he totally overperformed and exceeded fans' expectations.

Voting went in a direction to recognize his great season and individual achievements and performance, the best in Gnabry's career so far.

Can't say it's not deserved when clearly it is. He just has to keep on going like this and improve further as a player as much as possible. That's all what we want from him and every Bayern player.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Fénix wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, but that doesn't change my point of view either. Lewandowski, Kimmich and Thiago performed better than him IMO

I share the same view and I'm totally surprised, but all I can say about the Gnabry's award is that he totally overperformed and exceeded fans' expectations.

Voting went in a direction to recognize his great season and individual achievements and performance, the best in Gnabry's career so far.

Can't say it's not deserved when clearly it is. He just has to keep on going like this and improve further as a player as much as possible. That's all what we want from him and every Bayern player.

Yeah I think that’s it. Same reason why Ulreich won and why I had wanted him to.
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:00 am

Happy happy birthday Serge....

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 68641?s=19

Keep it up boy
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Kovac OUT!!!

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:25 am

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ed. » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Just look at those highlights again. :(

They are all mainly opportunistic goals. Of the 13, you can say only the finish across the Hertha Berlin goalkeeper and the header against Dortmund are excellent goals and even then neither of those are from exceptional wing play which is what is needed from Gnabry.

Gnabry is 24. At the same age, Ribery was arguably France's best player in 2006 on the biggest stage possible at the WC. Then you look at Robben's highlights from Chelsea when he was even younger and come back to watch these highlights from Gnabry and you'll get that sinking depressing feeling I have now.

He is a likeable bloke but Gnabry would not be in the starting XI in any of the top 6-7 clubs in Europe and would struggle to make the bench in at least 4 of them.
This is the current level of Bayern Munich. :cry:
Last edited by Ed. on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JJJ » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:31 pm

I was going to say yeah, I agree with you, but then Müller came to my mind. What's his real position? Would he start in real top teams? His world classed skills other than making space for others?

World Cup and Champions League winner. It worked out pretty well with Thomas' "non fancy" attributes. Gnabry still has time to win it all, the real thing what matters in football.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Ed. wrote:Just look at those highlights again. :(

They are all mainly opportunistic goals. Of the 13, you can say only the finish across the Hertha Berlin goalkeeper and the header against Dortmund are excellent goals and even then either of those are from exceptional wing play which is what is needed from Gnabry.

Gnabry is 24. At the same age, Ribery was arguably France's best player in 2006 on the biggest stage possible at the WC. Then you look at Robben's highlights from Chelsea when he was even younger and come back to watch these highlights from Gnabry and you'll get that sinking depressing feeling I have now.

He is a likeable bloke but Gnabry would not be in the starting XI in any of the top 6-7 clubs in Europe and would struggle to make the bench in at least 4 of them.

The thing is, opportunistic goals like that tend to be invaluable. How many teams leave chances like that and second balls in the box with no one crashing them? Gnabry may be a poacher/winger hybrid at this point but we haven’t had a second player have double digits in the bundesliga since 16/17.

He may not be good enough to decide CL matches on his own, but he’s at minimum a reliable squad player and at least our 3rd option winger if not a starter.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:10 am

I’ll take his goals any day of the week.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:18 am

pyrasur wrote:I’ll take his goals any day of the week.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays work best for me xD
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby longeleven » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:54 am

They are all mainly opportunistic goals. Of the 13, you can say only the finish across the Hertha Berlin goalkeeper and the header against Dortmund are excellent goals and even then either of those are from exceptional wing play which is what is needed from Gnabry.

Bayern normally don't buy any starting XI in top clubs (like Real, Barca, Liverpool, Chelsea blah blah...) we tend to make ones from not-yet-star players.
We do want best players but our bank accounts simply can't support that way.

I believe we will repeat this pattern in Gnabry, maybe Coman as well.
longeleven
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:57 pm

True but even Sane, Firmino, and Salah were not considered world beaters when they arrived at Liverpool but look how that story has played out for them.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion