You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rudy

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sebastian Rudy

Postby pyrasur » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:02 am

Xhaka is Swiss and is meh with Arsenal? Though he was better with Gladbach and Arsenal is dysfunctional. He's better than Kramer, whose sole talents consist of running a lot and getting hit in the head. Though Kramer maybe was better with Leverkusen?

Agree though that Rudy is going for his ability to cover RB. I’m sure he’s fine in midfield, but there are so many other options there.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Again, is not an issue of criticising him. But I see a different role in him and Tolisso than what we saw from Rudy on the summer for Loew.

Take the last game vs the Village for example. His heatmap was a joke despite the fact that he covered the second most traveled distance on the team after Vidal.

But I worry that he doesn't like to track back. Again, this makes for a very dangerous 6 on a team playing on the final third as a norm. He had the least sprints on the entire team. Runs? What runs? Dude ran the less intensive efforts for a non-CB.

Dude is a pole.

Ok. So he runs around (slowly) in circles around the circle. He doesn't sprint, he doesn't track back. Fine. Is he a destroyer? Nah. Not with half the tackles from Vidal, Coman, Kimmich and Sule. Hell, he tackled less than Lewandowski. Luckily for him Tolisso tackled even less.

And at 67 touches on the ball, the build up play wasn't exactly going through him. Tolisso got 42 touches. Not the worst number of touches, but the lowest for any player other than Robben (41).

So again, I see both Tolisso - who has a nack for appearing on the box when you least expect him to - and Rudy (who is able to place some very fine through balls and has a fine medium range shots) as double eights but certainly not as defensive midfielders.

Sorry guys, that's just my observation.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 pm

pyrasur wrote:Xhaka is Swiss and is meh with Arsenal? Though he was better with Gladbach and Arsenal is dysfunctional. He's better than Kramer, whose sole talents consist of running a lot and getting hit in the head. Though Kramer maybe was better with Leverkusen?

Agree though that Rudy is going for his ability to cover RB. I’m sure he’s fine in midfield, but there are so many other options there.
That was just random babbling. I know Xhaka is Swiss. I was reminded of Kramer because of the WC 2014 final.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:Butbutbut... "just you wait and see, he'll play!!!"

Well, I waited and I saw...

butbutbut James is a reject from Real !! Why are we signing Real fodders? we are a small club.... RB Leipzig will win BL \:D/

To this day I think I used tge word fodder once... Never in plural... ;)
James is yet to prove to be decisive in ganes that really matter - I think I said not top 5 or not big, never small... So yeah... Pretty much BS except for the last one...

But yeah I guess all those CL victories prove me wrong...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Wow Rudy was incredible out there today vs Padderborn. He finally was allowed to move forward and the passes he made.
Gosh this guy should start Rudy>Tolisso
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Wow Rudy was incredible out there today vs Padderborn. He finally was allowed to move forward and the passes he made.
Gosh this guy should start Rudy>Tolisso

That’s why I’m not too worried about Martinez injury. Rudy is a more than decent cover for him and can play alongside either Vidal or Tolisso. Plus Bayern play only four more games this month so Rudy should be good enough to win Bayern games until Thiago and Martinez return.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:04 pm

If they let him go forward like he did for Hoffenheim (when he carried that team) he will replace Martinez´s role
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Happy 28'th birthday Sebastian ! 8)
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Zickler has his bday too
https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/9 ... 8895610880

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernFL117 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:58 pm

Anyone see the article today where he said he's probably going to leave in the summer? (Sorry no link, I saw it earlier) if so I'd be pretty as that would open some room for more playing time from tolisso or sanches

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 pm

BayernFL117 wrote:Anyone see the article today where he said he's probably going to leave in the summer? (Sorry no link, I saw it earlier) if so I'd be pretty as that would open some room for more playing time from tolisso or sanches

Well,he is not going to open more time for Tolisso or Sanches because when everyone is healthy - he's watching the game from the stands.

I remember that we said the same things about Rode 4 years ago,and Rudy's case is looking the same.

I remember how Rode singlehandedly won us 2 games in the 15/16 season - against Darmstad and .. i can't remember the second team,he did it while the whole team was some kind out of form.Rode played 900 minutes in his first season and scored 4 and assisted 5 times.At the moment Rudy is with almost 1500 minutes and with only 2 assists.

Let's talk about the other midfielders in the club:

I don't think that anyone believes that he's going to overtake Javi for the starting place at the DM position.Martinez is often the most important player for us,so there is not a question about that.We can pretty much say the same thing about Thiago,completely different type of players - when James is on the bench or injured,it's very hard to play without Thiago,and on of these two should absolutely play in every game.

Some people still complain about Tolisso's role at the team,and they say that Rudy should play more than him.I can only say to them to watch some of his games at Lyon - he started as an RB,played as N10,imported at the RW for couple of games,LB when Bedimo was injured for Lyon.

Also,with 6 goals and 5 assists in 1800 minutes at the moment,Coco is with better numbers than a lot of more hyped CM's like Kroos,Khedira,Pjanic,Koke,Keita,Goretzka (only he has less minutes from Tolisso),Hamsik while playing less than all of them,except of Leon.
I'm not saying that he's controling the game like Pjanic or Kroos,but the kid have an eye for goal,and i believe that with Leon he is going to be a part of a looot of games for us,so leaving him on the bench for most of the time is not an option.

Vidal is still giving his best in every game,and i should say that it's going to be very hard for me to see him in different jersey.In 14 Bundesliga games,he was MOTM 4 times.What we should say more ?

If we sell Vidal in the summer,the situation is not going to change much about him.It's going to be even harder,because one 23 YO boy is coming to Bayern,and i think that it's clear who is going to be a first choise in the 90 % of the games.

As for Renato,he's still 20 YO and it's hard to judge him while playing for such a bad team at the moment,but we're probably send him on loan somewhere else.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Truthfully I think most of us (myself included) expected Rudy to be brought for free and sold for profit in summer. For a while there he looked like he actually had a case to be a starting player, but since his form has dropped pretty hard and I'm back on that side now - think he gets flipped for some cash and a chance to start elsewhere. Even if Vidal and Sanches go I don't think he starts over Thiago, Tolisso, Goretzka, Javi, James, Müller....
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby artemy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:48 pm

I still hope we use him as backup to Kimmich when Rafinha (hopefully) leaves.
artemy
Hey, I'm new here!

National Flag:
Israel

Postby Isabella » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 am

BayernFL117 wrote:Anyone see the article today where he said he's probably going to leave in the summer? (Sorry no link, I saw it earlier) if so I'd be pretty as that would open some room for more playing time from tolisso or sanches

You read it wrong, Rudy said he was disappointed with his playtime but will not left Bayern this summer
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Rudy is good & reliable player

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion