You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sandro Wagner

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sandro Wagner

Postby wholagun » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:08 pm

#12 wrote:Only cause Lewa is sluggish lately...
Wagner is a decent addition, but not an actual contender for first 11

Although I don't like Lewy's attitude at times, don't you think you're being overly critical? Every BL team would love to have a sluggish player who can score 18 goals in 18 games, lead the the league in scoring, and hold the title of being highest scoring foreign in Bayern's history . I'd love nothing more than for our top guys to be having peak seasons but not always going to happen.
wholagun
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Thomas Müller on Sandro Wagner: "It’s a brilliant story that he’s scored his first goal for us against his former team"

Niklas Süle: "Sandro’s hard training has paid off"

Sven Ulreich: "Sandro is a great guy and an important player for us. With him we’ll have more to celebrate"
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 pm

wholagun wrote:
#12 wrote:Only cause Lewa is sluggish lately...
Wagner is a decent addition, but not an actual contender for first 11

Although I don't like Lewy's attitude at times, don't you think you're being overly critical? Every BL team would love to have a sluggish player who can score 18 goals in 18 games, lead the the league in scoring, and hold the title of being highest scoring foreign in Bayern's history . I'd love nothing more than for our top guys to be having peak seasons but not always going to happen.

Maybe, maybe not... Don’t forget, he’s playing at a time where Bayern is so much superior to the rest of the league and where gets fed so much more than anyone before him... Goals are a consequence... He was WAY better in his time at Dortmund than he is right now IMHO...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:36 pm

Thigh, knee, hip? What did you use to score your goal?

Sandro Wagner: "Maybe my best part was also involved. :D :D I’m just not sure since it happened so fast. But it was very pleasant nonetheless.Wagner on why he celebrated against his former team: "I celebrate against every team. No matter if I was there for a year or if my mom or dad is the coach: I don't care".
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:09 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Thigh, knee, hip? What did you use to score your goal?

Sandro Wagner: "Maybe my best part was also involved. :D :D I’m just not sure since it happened so fast. But it was very pleasant nonetheless.Wagner on why he celebrated against his former team: "I celebrate against every team. No matter if I was there for a year or if my mom or dad is the coach: I don't care".
I like his attitude... glad to finally have another soldier playing for us.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Thigh, knee, hip? What did you use to score your goal?

I like his attitude... glad to finally have another soldier playing for us.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing, mate. Also i think a lot of people are underrating him.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Manchu » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:10 am

Something of interest I noticed(numbers from understat)
Wagner has done excellently getting good chances so far.

edit:click on the images to enlarge if they are too small to read.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Larhm » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:53 am

We have players like James, Kimmich, Thiago giving very precise lob passes + wingers and fullbacks throwing in crosses to the striker. I think any decent striker would excel here.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am

Larhm wrote:We have players like James, Kimmich, Thiago giving very precise lob passes + wingers and fullbacks throwing in crosses to the striker. I think any decent striker would excel here.

Do you think Lewandowski is better than decent? You have an excellent point about how much strikers rely on service, but it seems a little unfair to credit Lewandowski's goals to his individual brilliance* while saying "any decent striker" could do it when Wagner scores at similar rate.

*I'm not saying you're particularly guilty of this, but I'm sure that you'd agree that most people would give primary credit for Lewandowski's goals to his individual quality.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 am

Manchu wrote:
Larhm wrote:We have players like James, Kimmich, Thiago giving very precise lob passes + wingers and fullbacks throwing in crosses to the striker. I think any decent striker would excel here.

Do you think Lewandowski is better than decent? You have an excellent point about how much strikers rely on service, but it seems a little unfair to credit Lewandowski's goals to his individual brilliance* while saying "any decent striker" could do it when Wagner scores at similar rate.

*I'm not saying you're particularly guilty of this, but I'm sure that you'd agree that most people would give primary credit for Lewandowski's goals to his individual quality.

That individual brilliance is enough to separate the decent strikers and the world class ones.

Case in point: getting the best out of a difficult cross, which not any decent striker would've converted.

This goal is not real. And it was a 90th minute winning goal. Simply not comparable to Wagner.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:31 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Manchu wrote:

That individual brilliance is enough to separate the decent strikers and the world class ones.

Case in point: getting the best out of a difficult cross, which not any decent striker would've converted.

This goal is not real. And it was a 90th minute winning goal. Simply not comparable to Wagner.

It'd have been an unreal goal if it was a hard shot. But it simply wasn't. While it was magnificent how he controlled the ball and quickly took an accurate shot, you'd expect any decent goalkeeper to save that with relative ease. Let's say Neuer lets in a goal like that in a CL final against Real Madrid... it'd be pretty embarrassing, no? Lewandowski's had much better finishes, IMO; ones that'd give the goalkeeper no chance at all of saving.

Not taking anything off Lewandowski, of course. Almost no other striker would have gotten a goal out of that situation, but the keeper has to share some blame.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:50 pm

I don't think any keeper would have saved that. Too close to the the goal, difficult to see and the farthest the ball could have been from the middle. Only if the keeper was already positioned to his right. The real question is did he intentionally hit the ball with the outside of his boot or was it a fluke?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:45 pm

MaCk0y wrote:I don't think any keeper would have saved that. Too close to the the goal, difficult to see and the farthest the ball could have been from the middle. Only if the keeper was already positioned to his right. The real question is did he intentionally hit the ball with the outside of his boot or was it a fluke?

Even if the goalkeeper only saw the ball after it was past the defenders. At that speed I'd still expect him to recover it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:36 pm

Sandro Wagner on his World cup chances: I think I deserve it. In my eyes, I'm the best German striker, I've said that a thousand times and that will not change. I have scored goals in every club - for Darmstadt in the relegation battle, at Hoffenheim, in the Europa League and now for Bayern. Jogi Löw decides and I accept every decision. But I am very positive.

Wagner meanwhile attacks Mario Gomez who is his direct competition for a WC spot: I have worked well in the last few years and scored many goals. One or the other has apparently already given his media adviser a World Cup advance. I am convinced of myself.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCB general » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:04 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:I'm the best German striker, I've said that a thousand times and that will not change.

How the hell did I miss this over the last 10 years??? #-o #-o #-o #-o Besides, how did Bayern miss this fact?
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion