You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sandro Wagner

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sandro Wagner

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 5:05 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Since he loves Bayern and he is ready to fight for us is enough for me...

What should he say seeing Petersen above him? Not to mention Mario Gomez whom I have a big respect for but he is not the same anymore.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

To me he sounds like the kid at table who asks for desert before the main course, gets turned down by his parents and storms off saying "then I don't want to eat anything ever again". As early as September 2018, the UEFA Nations League will start and he wants to take no part in it because he wants to cry in the corner as the national coach did him a boo-boo.

The nations what? **** that, they can sell you everything, can't they?

Just wait and see. It'll be the greatest international competition there is, once it gains traction.
No other international tournament ever in history promises as many balanced matches as the UEFA Nations League.
I'd much rather watch Germany vs France at the Allianz Arena on 6th September than watch Germany vs South Korea in the World Cup, despite the supposed bigger prestige in the World Cup... still it'd feel like Bayern playing in the CL group stage against a minnow, a match you're expected to win easily.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Thu May 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Isn't it straight-up designed to replace international friendlies?
I suspect it'll carry about the same prestige as the Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, etc...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 5:56 pm

aterford wrote:Isn't it straight-up designed to replace international friendlies?
I suspect it'll carry about the same prestige as the Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, etc...
In the meantime, UEFA are arguing the new format of the Club World Cup will make the Champions League look like a minor competition.

To me the UEFA Nations League will be equivalent to the domestic league with multiple divisions while the EURO will be equivalent to the domestic Cup. Most teams prefer to win the league. And the nations who aren't top nations have some hope (promotion) rather than just taking part in the tournament knowing they stand no chance. I know for sure I will be far more fired up watching Malta's nations league matches than World Cup qualifiers in which we have zero hope.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:Isn't it straight-up designed to replace international friendlies?
In the meantime, UEFA are arguing the new format of the Club World Cup will make the Champions League look like a minor competition.

To me the UEFA Nations League will be equivalent to the domestic league with multiple divisions while the EURO will be equivalent to the domestic Cup. Most teams prefer to win the league. And the nations who aren't top nations have some hope (promotion) rather than just taking part in the tournament knowing they stand no chance. I know for sure I will be far more fired up watching Malta's nations league matches than World Cup qualifiers in which we have zero hope.
Don't count your chickens , imo with our current hope we stand 0 chance to advance from our NL group... Azerbaijan and Faroe Isl...

I enjoy more when we play the big Nations cause we play better and get respectable results. On the other hand when we play teams of our own level we play with more pressure and end up on the losing side.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Don't count your chickens , imo with our current hope we stand 0 chance to advance from our NL group... Azerbaijan and Faroe Isl...

I enjoy more when we play the big Nations cause we play better and get respectable results. On the other hand when we play teams of our own level we play with more pressure and end up on the losing side.

True, but it's still far more realistic for us to advance from our NL group rather than qualify for Euro 2020 or World Cup 2022. Hope dies last! Small island big balls 8)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:[quote="IsiahRashad"]"It's clear that my open, honest and straightforward manner doesn't fit in with the coaching team.Of course, I can't take this seriously, but as I have often said in the past, there are more important things in life than football."

Everyone is thinking in different way, but i respect him saying that day or two after the squad was announced. I also would be disappointed if they pick Petersen in front of me. What he has done better than Wagner? Sandro always performed well when given the opportunity.

Sorry, this is how you do it. There is not much to talk after his statement. He sit like a man and said, I'm not going to play for Germany anymore. And that's it. No further drama, no "if's", no more bullshit.

A man would shut up and keep trying, if it means that much to him.

He’s not gonna play a WC at 35...

Definitely not. He'd be 34 at the 2022 World Cup, 2 years younger than Klose was at the last World Cup.[/quote]

Where there was literally no other striker available... Maybe Gomez... There’s much more choice nowadays...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby dras_l » Fri May 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Give him a break, fully understand his reaction. There is plenty of players who by his standard shouldn’t be above him. He doesn’t want to wait like a little girl for a phone call before NT gathering, at the end he is not in twenties anymore.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Fri May 18, 2018 3:38 pm

dras_l wrote:Give him a break, fully understand his reaction. There is plenty of players who by his standard shouldn’t be above him. He doesn’t want to wait like a little girl for a phone call before NT gathering, at the end he is not in twenties anymore.

Say that to Uli :lol:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 18, 2018 3:51 pm

#12 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Sandro Wagner in November 2016:
"The discussion is annoying. Either Jogi Löw invites you, or he doesn't. You have to accept it, and I accept it."

Sandro Wagner in March 2018:
"Jogi Löw makes the decision. I accept any decision. But I'm very very positive I'll travel with them."

A real man, our Sandro. Always sticking to his word.

He DID accept it, didn’t he? He just takes action accordingly...

Then what would be NOT accepting it, in your opinion? Threatening Löw at gunpoint?

Jogi feels it's disrespectful towards the other players; he says Wagner paints the other players, who have been with them for a long time and are leading players, as complete outright idiots who are only with the national team because they don't have an opinion of their own.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri May 18, 2018 4:09 pm

RedQueen wrote:
#12 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Sandro Wagner in November 2016:
"The discussion is annoying. Either Jogi Löw invites you, or he doesn't. You have to accept it, and I accept it."

Sandro Wagner in March 2018:
"Jogi Löw makes the decision. I accept any decision. But I'm very very positive I'll travel with them."

A real man, our Sandro. Always sticking to his word.

He DID accept it, didn’t he? He just takes action accordingly...

Then what would be NOT accepting it, in your opinion? Threatening Löw at gunpoint?

Jogi feels it's disrespectful towards the other players; he says Wagner paints the other players, who have been with them for a long time and are leading players, as complete outright idiots who are only with the national team because they don't have an opinion of their own.

I neither understood the Google Translate, and even less your translation. Could you kindly rephrase, this is very interesting to me?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Sorry. Löw says that by suggesting the reason he (Wagner) wasn't nominated is because he is speaking his mind, Wagner is essentially saying that all the other players, especially those have been with the national team for a long time and are leading players, have only been nominated because they don't have an opinion of their own.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri May 18, 2018 4:45 pm

RedQueen wrote:Sorry. Löw says that by suggesting the reason he (Wagner) wasn't nominated is because he is speaking his mind, Wagner is essentially saying that all the other players, especially those have been with the national team for a long time and are leading players, have only been nominated because they don't have an opinion of their own.

Now I get it. Wagner also said "For me it is clear that I do not seem to fit with the coaching staff with my way of being open, honest and direct."

So basically he's calling the other German players 'closed', dishonest and indirect.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 18, 2018 4:49 pm

You're putting it politely. Löw said he makes the others look like "complete, full-blown idiots who don't have an opinion of their own."
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat May 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Loew is now putting his ego ahead of dressing room atmosphere. Tournament's coming up sir.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sat May 19, 2018 5:11 pm

Really? I think Sandro got the reply he deserved, and I suppose he'll get some more reactions once it sinks in with all the Bayern players in the squad.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Now that's how an adult should react.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion