You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sandro Wagner

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sandro Wagner

Postby Larhm » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:13 am

Love his and Tolisso's attitude. The same cant be said for players like Coman, Bernat, Bobby, or even Boateng.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Tears were running from Sandro Wagner in the training: the other players applauded him, Jupp Heynckes addressed words to the disappointed striker. [@altobelli13]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby nm462272 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:05 am

poor guy... it's a shame he won't get a chance at the World Cup
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Sandro Wagner retires from international football after he was left out of #Diemannschaft's World Cup preliminary squad.

"For me it is clear that with my way, always open, honest and direct to address things, that I apparently don't fit with the national team coach.I wish my boys only the best in Russia and I hope that they come back as world champions.I would lie if I said I wasn't disappointed.The most important thing in my professional career is quite clear that I'm playing again at Bayern, the club I love."

Huge respect for this guy. This is how you act like a man.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 10:31 pm

You "act like a man" by putting yourself above FIFA regulations? By FIFA regulations, you can't "retire" from the national team like that. Per FIFA regulations, if the national team calls up a player he has to comply. If a player wants to retire because of his age, he asks the team coach not to call him up anymore, and normally the coach agrees. That's what Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose and everyone else did. You most certainly don't go to Bild and tell the Bundestrainer via the media that you'll retire. He's by no means so far ahead of Gomez that his nomination was a given. This guy is so full of himself.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Huh? That’s BS isn’t it?! They cannot FORCE you to do play if you don’t want to?!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mavs » Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 am

Darned shame Gomez was chosen over Wagner. Mistake by Loew.
Mavs
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 am

Well, clearly he was overconfident as I said back then when he had stated that he's the best German, ie no. 1 striker from all Germany strikers.
And now look at this situation... he ain't called-up for the World Cup, not even on the expanded, preliminary list for Russia 18'. :) A powerful punch in da face. :o

What happens? Tears in the eyes and a huuuuuuuuuuge disappointment. Now I really don't understand what Nils Petersen is doing there except he scored 15 goals and he is the runner-up behind the BuLi Top Torjäger Lewandowski who scored 29 goals thus making his first follower so miserable, but okay... Löw is the boss and knows far better than me even though I had (not) seen that same Petersen in Bayern's shirt anywhere near the football pitch when he "played" for us. :)

I saw even Rudy on the list, can't hide my surprising reaction for Bayerns water carrier. :D

p.s. Nobody can force you to play for a national team, nobody. In this case, Wagner's action sends direct message, don't ever think about calling me again. He automatically has withdrawn himself from die Mannschaft with the retirement decision and it's up to player himself to apologize to the team and the coach to get back. He won't do that, so Wagner has announced a retirement from international football.

At least Sandro doesn't make any mess like Kuranyi did in the past.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

IsiahRashad wrote:Sandro Wagner retires from international football after he was left out of #Diemannschaft's World Cup preliminary squad.

"For me it is clear that with my way, always open, honest and direct to address things, that I apparently don't fit with the national team coach.I wish my boys only the best in Russia and I hope that they come back as world champions.I would lie if I said I wasn't disappointed.The most important thing in my professional career is quite clear that I'm playing again at Bayern, the club I love."

That's how you act like a bitch.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 am

#12 wrote:Huh? That’s BS isn’t it?! They cannot FORCE you to do play if you don’t want to?!

Don't you remember the debate about Ribery?

UEFA-Präsident Michel Platini hat Franck Ribéry (Foto) für dessen Rücktritt aus der französischen Nationalmannschaft scharf kritisiert. Zugleich drohte die Fußball-Legende dem 31-Jährigen Bayern-Star. „Wenn er nominiert werden würde, muss er antreten. Sonst wird er in seinem Klub gesperrt“, wird Platini vom „SID“ zitiert.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/wegen-nati ... ews/171021

He can't simply say "I retire", the national team has to agree.

As far as I am concerned, he's acting like a cry-baby complaining his candy was taken away, not like a man.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 8:54 am

#12 wrote:Huh? That’s BS isn’t it?! They cannot FORCE you to do play if you don’t want to?!

Technically they can.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 8:55 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Sandro Wagner retires from international football after he was left out of #Diemannschaft's World Cup preliminary squad.

That's how you act like a bitch.

Agreed. Nothing manly at all about crying to the media. It's actually quite embarrassing.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am

"It's clear that my open, honest and straightforward manner doesn't fit in with the coaching team.Of course, I can't take this seriously, but as I have often said in the past, there are more important things in life than football."

Everyone is thinking in different way, but i respect him saying that day or two after the squad was announced. I also would be disappointed if they pick Petersen in front of me. What he has done better than Wagner? Sandro always performed well when given the opportunity.

Sorry, this is how you do it. There is not much to talk after his statement. He sit like a man and said, I'm not going to play for Germany anymore. And that's it. No further drama, no "if's", no more bullshit.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RedQueen » Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 am

Sandro Wagner in November 2016:
"The discussion is annoying. Either Jogi Löw invites you, or he doesn't. You have to accept it, and I accept it."

Sandro Wagner in March 2018:
"Jogi Löw makes the decision. I accept any decision. But I'm very very positive I'll travel with them."

A real man, our Sandro. Always sticking to his word.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu May 17, 2018 9:47 am

IsiahRashad wrote:"It's clear that my open, honest and straightforward manner doesn't fit in with the coaching team.Of course, I can't take this seriously, but as I have often said in the past, there are more important things in life than football."

Everyone is thinking in different way, but i respect him saying that day or two after the squad was announced. I also would be disappointed if they pick Petersen in front of me. What he has done better than Wagner? Sandro always performed well when given the opportunity.

Sorry, this is how you do it. There is not much to talk after his statement. He sit like a man and said, I'm not going to play for Germany anymore. And that's it. No further drama, no "if's", no more bullshit.

I still don't understand what there is to respect in his statement. He showed a giver-up attitude, bigtime. On the contrary, I lost respect for him. I'd have respected him if he said something like: "I'm really sad about not being chosen. I will try try harder than ever before and give Loew no option but to select me for EURO 2020."
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion