You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Achilles » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:09 am

Deservedly, he is backing up his words about being completely focused on Bayern this season, we'll see in the future but for now he deserves a contract extension he is an asset and he is going to smash some club records in the next season as well. He is here 5-6 years after all performing at very very high standards.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:26 am

He really seems to have de-mercanised himself.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Falk asked again today if Lewy would be extending his contract.
His response: "Yes, it's certainly looking that way. At this point, Lewandowski can see himself ending his career at Bayern"
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:02 pm

I've never seen such a twist in a player's opinion.
It's like the Bayern board put a magic spell on him hahah
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:05 pm

zozon wrote:I've never seen such a twist in a player's opinion.

Or Real Madrid dropped interest...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
zozon wrote:I've never seen such a twist in a player's opinion.

Or Real Madrid dropped interest...

I hate to be a cynic but I think this is probably a big part of it tbh. I know Lewy probably pushed hardest for that move this past summer, but in retrospect his best opportunity for a Madrid move probably would've been the year before at latest. And they - like other big clubs - are one who are trying to get younger. I'm not sure Madrid have a terribly coherent strategy at the moment other than spend a ton of money on young players from around the globe but Lewy certainly doesn't fit that bill anymore. TBH many Madrid fans I've spoken to felt like the last few transfer windows really signaled a shift in Perez's transfer strategy. So yeah - long story short - I think last summer Lewy fell in that limbo spot where he's worth more to Bayern than Madrid would be willing to pay, so a move wasn't really a possibility, and now that that's effectively off the table, his head isn't turned so much anymore
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Lewandowski has come back stronger then ever. A model professional that seems to be very settled in Munich. He deserves a contract extension. His physical condition is great and I think he could play at the highest level for another 3-4 seasons. He's very similar to Ronaldo in how he keeps his body at 100%. Lewandowski is more of a leader this season then previous and he complains less with teammates when he doesn't get the pass. Clearly one of the best strikers out there, if not the best.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby r10 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:12 am

r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby wholagun » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:28 am

We haven't had a striker like this this in years! I often get annoyed with him, especially this year for the lack of flare with which he scores goals this season. That is how spoiled I've been with Lewy as CF - his goals are not pretty enough for me. But numbers speak for themselves he has broken numerous records and now sits #4 and just 3 goals behind Thomas Muller in 3rd place all time goal scorer. Lewy will surpass Muller this season most likely and if he extends his contract may even become #2 all time. No small feat, ergo, I tip my hat and take a bow.
wholagun
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:46 am

All I want is a goal vs Liverpool. I was very critical of him and have held back because he has been playing well and seems more committed to us, but he's always been great in these games. I just want him to score in a game like the one vs Liverpool, otherwise it's just going to be yet another season where he didn't score in the games we needed him to most.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:03 pm

wholagun wrote:We haven't had a striker like this this in years! I often get annoyed with him, especially this year for the lack of flare with which he scores goals this season. That is how spoiled I've been with Lewy as CF - his goals are not pretty enough for me. But numbers speak for themselves he has broken numerous records and now sits #4 and just 3 goals behind Thomas Muller in 3rd place all time goal scorer. Lewy will surpass Muller this season most likely and if he extends his contract may even become #2 all time. No small feat, ergo, I tip my hat and take a bow.

No 'pretty goals'? Yeah, he scores tap-ins mostly, but regularly scores goals other players would probably break their legs if they'd attempt to replicate it. Just look at that goal against BMG. Also his header yesterday was class too..
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:13 pm

Agreed.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby r10 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:42 pm

wholagun wrote:his goals are not pretty enough for me
Please scratch all the 2x Recordmuellers goals then.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Achilles » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:03 am

A winning goal against Liverpool or a brace will make him on fire, I hope he gets his X

Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Postby Hardrade » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:27 am

I don’t care who puts it in the net as long as we win.

Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion