You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Borusse » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:35 pm

It's about making optimal decisions. If there is a player near you unmarked, in a great shooting position and you have two defenders in front of you then you have to pass the ball. What if it's a semifinal against Real, you need one goal to go through and Lewandowski doesn't pass there? Would you really excuse him there?

It's only tolerable when you're winning by a few goals like today. Striker should be selfish when it's unclear whether the pass would be better. In that case the striker should take responsibility and take a shot as his shots should have higher probability of scoring.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Achilles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:41 pm

22 goals in 22 caps with the worst service of the decade, enough said! Scum,diva or merc but a world class striker!

Does exactly what he is get paid for
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Borusse wrote:It's about making optimal decisions. If there is a player near you unmarked, in a great shooting position and you have two defenders in front of you then you have to pass the ball. What if it's a semifinal against Real, you need one goal to go through and Lewandowski doesn't pass there? Would you really excuse him there?

Yes, because his job is scoring goals and that's what he does best.

I would obviously prefer a perfect player who could always take the right decision, but that doesn't exist. And even if he passes the ball there could be a bad pass, bad control or the other player could miss the chance.

Like the first goal chance against Madrid in Allianz last season. Lewy found himself 1 on 1 with Navas but decided to pass to Müller instead, who missed the ball badly

I'm not saying a good #9 should ignore his team mates whenever he is in the box, but being selfish is actually a good attribute.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi are the most selfish players in the world. Whenever they are in the box, they only think about scoring.
Turns out that they are also the two best players :)
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Borusse » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Messi is one of the worst examples of a selfish player you could give. But I don't want to get into this discussion. :D

It's good to be "selfish" as a striker but I wouldn't necessarly use this word. I'd call it taking responsibility. If you're in a good-great position to shoot then shoot, don't try to pass-pass-pass until you're 2 metres from goal. But if you're in a so-so position to shoot with little space, don't waste the effort of your team that led you to this and pass it to someone who is unmarked.

I don't think Lewy is selfish in an unhealthy way to be honest, was just discussing a general point and the situation he had from today.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby shpati_L1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Imagine how many goals Lewandowski would score if he actually was a good finisher :lol:
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby pyrasur » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:10 am

Optimal choice in a fifty fifty scenario is the striker shooting. But player like Messi does make the pass if it clearly better for someone else.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby prasun77 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:53 am

Borusse wrote:It's about making optimal decisions. If there is a player near you unmarked, in a great shooting position and you have two defenders in front of you then you have to pass the ball. What if it's a semifinal against Real, you need one goal to go through and Lewandowski doesn't pass there? Would you really excuse him there?

It's only tolerable when you're winning by a few goals like today. Striker should be selfish when it's unclear whether the pass would be better. In that case the striker should take responsibility and take a shot as his shots should have higher probability of scoring.

Not if he is Muller.. :lol: :lol:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FootballTopScorers » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5h5bfkTQ04

Robert Lewandowski first 10 goals in Bundesliga 2018/2019

24-08-2018 Hoffenheim - 1 goal
01-09-2018 VfB Stuttgar - 1 goal
22-09-2018 Schalke 04 - 1 goal
20-10-2018 Wolfsburg - 2 goals
10-11-2018 Borussia Dortmund - 2 goals
08-12-2018 Nuernberg - 2 goals
15-12-2018 Hannover 96 - 1 goal
FootballTopScorers
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:32 am

Rummenigge: "Robert Lewandowski is a guy who speaks plain text. I've rarely experienced that in football. He has clearly expressed himself as completely pro FC Bayern. He is now a leader"
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby DRvad14 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:00 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby zozon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:34 pm

I admit I bashed him this last summer (not on this forum), but this guy... come on, you gotta pay a respect now, such a pro.

After a whirlwind of a rumour summer, he goes and plays THIS kind of a hinrunde (best player after a healthy Thiago). Don't know if Kalle & Uli kidnapped his family in Poland or something :lol: , but man... he PLAYS.
I follow Bayern since like 1993/4 and I can't recall a similar case, a player having a cringey summer - then playing like a new signing.

I just hope he takes his shooting boots vs Loserpool, bags 2-3 goals in the duel and shuts us all until his retirement :P
zozon
I post all the time

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:42 pm

He's should be one of our leaders now (not only on the pitch), but also off the pitch.
I don't think he was bashed undeservedly last season, it was clear that he wants to play for Real, and the fact the didn't score against them in the CL made the wide public (including me) really mad.

From the first game this season it's looking like he knows what he wants, he's playing well in almost every game, and given the fact that he didn't have much help around him for the first couple of months is not holding him back is great.

I just want from him to keep this type of play in 2019, and to step up big time against Liverpool, let's hope with the help of James,Thiago,Coman and Gnabry around him.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:01 pm

zozon wrote:I admit I bashed him this last summer (not on this forum), but this guy... come on, you gotta pay a respect now, such a pro.

After a whirlwind of a rumour summer, he goes and plays THIS kind of a hinrunde (best player after a healthy Thiago). Don't know if Kalle & Uli kidnapped his family in Poland or something :lol: , but man... he PLAYS.
I follow Bayern since like 1993/4 and I can't recall a similar case, a player having a cringey summer - then playing like a new signing.

I just hope he takes his shooting boots vs Loserpool, bags 2-3 goals in the duel and shuts us all until his retirement :P

Do we? I mean yeah not a bad first half, but respect is not earned this quickly... Also "Loserpool" are no worse than us historically - and at the moment there’s no reason to be cocky...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:35 pm

This is Robert's attack. UCL glory to be had or lost. I think his German critism was predictable. He isn't clueless type. He rebounded to his first pitfall in FC Bayern tenure.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby soul-railgun777 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:47 am

soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion