You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1070797841352876033?s=19

Amen.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:25 pm

I find it a bit of a ridiculous (although common) assertion tbh. There are too many aspects to reduce it to just one. We ran away with the title in 2013 too... It's not like close title race = better CL results.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I find it a bit of a ridiculous (although common) assertion tbh. There are too many aspects to reduce it to just one. We ran away with the title in 2013 too... It's not like close title race = better CL results.

Yeah - but no excuse is too ridiculous/poor for this fandom...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Robert Lewandowski has scored the most goals of any player in Europe's top five leagues this season!
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Image

Robert Lewandowski has scored the most goals of any player in Europe's top five leagues this season!
Piatek or Jovic .... we should sign one of them asap
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Image

Comparing the numbers with the wingers who are rumoured to be Bayern targets:

Nicolas Pépé - 18 games, 11 goals, 7 assists.
Florian Thauvin - 17 games, 12 goals, 4 assists. (should be at the 10th position with fewer games than Reus)
Anthony Martial - 18 games, 8 goals, 0 assists.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Pepe and Thauvin face weaker opposition and don't play CL
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:09 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Pepe and Thauvin face weaker opposition and don't play CL

Hey I hear ya!

Think we can pull off AM though?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:10 pm

For that particular statistic it does not really matter.

Thauvin has scored 24 goals in League 1 in 2018, only Ronaldo and Messi have more in the 5 major leagues, but i guess it doesn't matter because his name is not Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria or Cavani, that's why no one gives a fuck.

If any of those listed had such statistics, fans would lose their minds.

Facts.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:, but i guess it doesn't matter because his name is not Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria or Cavani, that's why no one gives a ****.

Facts.

Yes, absolutely correct. Which is why those stats don't matter, Thauvin always had a negative rep and for good reason. Scoring some goals don't mean shit compared the credentials that players like Neymar and Mbappé have built for themselves.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby soul-railgun777 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:24 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:For that particular statistic it does not really matter.

Thauvin has scored 24 goals in League 1 in 2018, only Ronaldo and Messi have more in the 5 major leagues, but i guess it doesn't matter because his name is not Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria or Cavani, that's why no one gives a ****.

Facts.

LMFAO

Cuz we´ve seen them doing important things in IMPORTANT MATCHES.
soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:20 am

soul-railgun777 wrote:

Thauvin has scored 24 goals in League 1 in 2018, only Ronaldo and Messi have more in the 5 major leagues, but i guess it doesn't matter because his name is not Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria or Cavani, that's why no one gives a ****.

Facts.

LMFAO

What are you trying to say?

What for you is "important matches"? Champions League? League Europe?

How do you expect Pépé to score goals in the Champions League league knowing that he is playing for LOSC? Do you know their capabilities? Do you know that thanks to him and Bamba LOSC are currently second, after PSG after finishing 17th last year? The funny thing is that they are going to play in the Champions League if they keep playing that way.

Do you know that Pépé scored 3 goals in the last 5 games to keep them alive and just to finish after the relegation zone last year, or it doesn't matter?

How many times you watched OL games? Yes, even I don't watch enough games of Thauvin, but the guy is scoring on a superb level since 2017. There is a reason why his price is only going up since the start of 2017. After all, you can't win without scoring goals, but since his name is not Messi or Mbappe you don't care?

Let me ask you something - how many goals in the "important matches" has Eden Hazard scored while playing for.. guess what - LOSC Lille before going to Chelsea? How many important goals Salah scored for Chelsea?

How many important goals Sané scored in his whole Schalke career? Do you think his League Europe stats are impressive?

Does the fact that Mane played in average team like Southampton makes him a bad player now, at the moment?

Look at the stats of Ribéry while playing for OM and Galatasaray, before coming to Bayern. Do you think that they are impressive? Where do you think that OM finished while Franck was playing for them?

Think with your head before answering me, not with your emotions - just because someone said they are bad, they are bad, and give me 3 reasons why the two guys don't have to play for Bayern using and understanding ONLY their performances on the pitch.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
soul-railgun777 wrote:

Facts.

^ one of the best scouters of this forum

LMFAO

How do you expect Pépé to score goals in the Champions League league knowing that he is playing for LOSC? Do you know their capabilities? Do you know that thanks to him and Bamba LOSC are currently second, after PSG after finishing 17th last year? The funny thing is that they are going to play in the Champions League if they keep playing that way.

Do you know that Pépé scored 3 goals in the last 5 games to keep them alive and just to finish after the relegation zone last year, or it doesn't matter?

How many times you watched OL games? Yes, even I don't watch enough games of Thauvin, but the guy is scoring on a superb level since 2017. There is a reason why his price is only going up since the start of 2017. After all, you can't win without scoring goals, but since his name is not Messi or Mbappe you don't care?

Let me ask you something - how many goals in the "important matches" has Eden Hazard scored while playing for.. guess what - LOSC Lille before going to Chelsea? How many important goals Salah scored for Chelsea?

How many important goals Sané scored in his whole Schalke career? Do you think his League Europe stats are impressive?

Does the fact that Mane played in average team like Southampton makes him a bad player now, at the moment?

Look at the stats of Ribéry while playing for OM and Galatasaray, before coming to Bayern. Do you think that they are impressive? Where do you think that OM finished while Franck was playing for them?

Think with your head before answering me, not with your emotions - just because someone said they are bad, they are bad, and give me 3 reasons why the two guys don't have to play for Bayern using and understanding ONLY their performances on the pitch.
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby soul-railgun777 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:08 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
soul-railgun777 wrote:
LMFAO

Lol wtf are you talking about? Of course I know that most players have to come from the bottom but what I mean with important matches is that Thauvin has fucked every opportunity to shine in IMPORTANT MATCHES. Thauvin played like shit with Newcastle, completely dissapear in last year's Europa League final and in this year EL hasn't done shit neither (OM 1 point after 5 games).

And you are bringing names like Hazard, Ribery, Mane like they were common cases, for example, for every Neymar there are 10 Robinhos and for every C. Ronaldo there are 10 Quaresmas or even worst players that almost nobody remembers.

I still think that Pépé deserves a chance cuz it's his "first" season in the spotlight but Thauvin is hot garbage that has been bullying Ligue 1 teams for years.
soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:48 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
soul-railgun777 wrote:

Facts.

LMFAO

I'm sorry but I disagree. Before a player proves himself in big matches he's not worthy of being called a top player IMO, unless he's scoring like 35 goals a season in a decent domestic league (which Ligue 1 is). For every promising player without big matches under his belt who succeeds after a transfer, there's a handful of others who don't. There's a reason why Hazard transferred for 35M and is now worth much more than that. It's because he proved himself.

I'm not saying Thauvin or Pepe suck. I'm just saying they're risks at the moment, and because they are we are not talking about figures of 150M+.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion