You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:40 am

Wow now he is acting like a victim and claimed he wont go back to training if he doesnt meet with the bosses
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 am

Probably because Ronaldo is a Juventus player now and the Real Madrid dream is back on.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 am

Or maybe he cares about winning stuff more than the bosses do.

Honestly, what Lewandowski's been openly speaking about over the past 2 years or so (not including reports around his agent's activities of course) are not dissimilar to some of our opinions in the transfer threads - essentially saying that we're shit on the wing.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Achilles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:56 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Or maybe he cares about winning stuff more than the bosses do.

Honestly, what Lewandowski's been openly speaking about over the past 2 years or so (not including reports around his agent's activities of course) are not dissimilar to some of our opinions in the transfer threads - essentially saying that we're shit on the wing.

He asked for a back up striker, we got one and when he didn't start the game or got subbed off he started to moan. He got invisible against RM and at the WC... now wants to talk with the bosses about not being treated good... so correct if I'm wrong, he wants to be top-paid player, worshiped like a God-like stiker but when he doesn't perform accordingly or talks sh!t about the club he wants us to say "yes sir" ??

Are we still talking about Bayern Munich right? If yes, then he can fack off right now.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:03 am

If Bayern Munich, the great club that it is, needed their main striker to rationalise the need for a back-up striker, maybe it's the mighty Bayern Munich that should fack off.

Lewandowski is the only voice of real reason in a club of yes men. He will keep moaning about lack of service and I hope he keeps doing it and continues to cause unrest in the media until we replace Robben and Ribery.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:04 am

So here is the full story :

Lewandowski feels unfairly treated at Bayern and wants to hold talks with club bosses when he returns from holiday on 25 July to 'underline his value to the team', feels that although he is the top scorer of the team, he was made as a scapegoat following last season's Champions League exit against Real Madrid and received little backing from the board.He sees Bayern bosses' statement that he is definitely staying and not allowed to leave, without even talking to him as having little appreciation to his person.

Problems in paradise.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Or maybe he cares about winning stuff more than the bosses do.

Maybe. But he's one of the problems in the squad too.

You're right that it's problematic that players like Lewandowski and in the past Lahm had to point some things out, but it's not exactly a case of Lewandowski being good and surrounded by bad players.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:34 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:but it's not exactly a case of Lewandowski being good and surrounded by bad players.

I think this is exactly the case. Or more like: there are really only two positions in the team where it matters whether the players are good or bad. We know which ones, and the players we have are either bad or injured. We can't even keep Coman fit for fuck's sake.

No disrespect to Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Mandzukic, Muller and the rest of the 2013 squad - Robben and Ribery won us the treble and we got as far as we did the years before that solely because of them too. Robben and Ribery determined our potential, the others just determined consistency. Proof: by all accounts, we have been consistently at a high level since the treble, except there were no peak-form Robben and Ribery to take us above the CL semi-finals.

I almost don't care about Lewandowski's role as a player. Yes, the fact that he's the main striker and he's complaining can come across as hypocritical to some people. But Alaba could be saying these instead, and it would stay true but no one would bat an eye. We need Lewandowski to keep saying it.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:13 pm

I definitely have a very similar opinion to him, but I'm not the highest-paid player for Bayern Munich who keeps asking for appreciation as if he's the best thing that ever happened to the club. He cannot go and say that our wings are shit when in fact he's been as equally as shit up front in the last 2 months of last season. And that is not mentioning the World Cup, where we can also assume that his teammates are shit as well?!
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:05 pm

MoFattal wrote:I definitely have a very similar opinion to him, but I'm not the highest-paid player for Bayern Munich who keeps asking for appreciation

And this should make you happy because his voice is the one being heard (or, evidently, have the slightest of chance of being heard). If he somehow manages to persuade the board to sign quality players, while playing the role of the villain, would you still criticise him?

He's right in complaining about the team and I don't care that he sounds selfish only because he's supposed to be THE striker - again, what's the difference if it's a different player who says this? Reality is no striker can consistently conjure something out of nothing. Underneath the selfish sounding quotes, he's addressing a fundamental problem in the team.

So I get the frustration on his complaints while also being out of form. But please consider this: would you have warmed up more to him had he only been shit but not complaining? If so, why should you?
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 pm

I do agree with you more than you think, except for the recent Lewa public cries. I would have warmed up a lot more to him if he was complaining as hell but actually doing his job properly. When he first made the public claim about the need to sign reinforcements, he was in good form, and to a certain extent, this made his claim justifiable and I personally agreed with him. However, he kept complaining on and on whereas his performances on the field has become as bad, if not worse, as the rest of his teammates in the decisive stage of the season. I think Lewy should just shut up and translate his big mouth into actions on the field, and the fact that he’s the highest-paid Bayern player of all time is more than enough evidence of his appreciation by the team.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 pm

MoFattal wrote:

I definitely have a very similar opinion to him, but I'm not the highest-paid player for Bayern Munich who keeps asking for appreciation as if he's the best thing that ever happened to the club. He cannot go and say that our wings are shit when in fact he's been as equally as shit up front in the last 2 months of last season. And that is not mentioning the World Cup, where we can also assume that his teammates are shit as well?!

This is what I meant. He's right that we have problems in the wing and so on, but we also have problems in the striker position and that's him. He acts like the rest of the team is bad when he's just as bad.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Right, simple then: what if it's not physically possible for him to perform because the team is shit? To me, this is clearly the case - if Lewandowski did perform, the problem's still there. And I don't want to hear "well he should figure it out because he gets paid". Literally only Messi and Ronaldo have any right to even consider that possiblity.

There's no problem in the striker position, the problem stems from the wings.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Let's say the wings failed him 80% of the times. How about those remaining 20% where he had more than good enough chances to score some very important goals for us and failed? If he isn't our Messi/Ronaldo to be able to score those crucial goals, then by no means he has the right to act like Messi/Ronaldo and call out the rest of his teammates.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Right, simple then: what if it's not physically possible for him to perform because the team is shit? To me, this is clearly the case - if Lewandowski did perform, the problem's still there. And I don't want to hear "well he should figure it out because he gets paid". Literally only Messi and Ronaldo have any right to even consider that possiblity.

There's no problem in the striker position, the problem stems from the wings.

Are you implying that Bayern didn't have enough scoring opportunities against Real Madrid last season?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion