You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:04 pm

MaCk0y wrote:At first, I thought you were joking. :lol: You can use the spacebar of the onscreen keyboard. :P

i know that..but it easier to just use dots lol...way easier than always shifting from keyboard to mouse:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Guys too much drama for a player who didn't even write a post in Twitter, Instagram or any social media about how he tried to win this two fucking games against Real, he is sorry that we didn't win, the next year he will try to win it for us with a lot of goals, or something similar.... Even Coman who watched half of the season without playing is backing up the team, saying that he will try to help us next time out..

I think everyone knows that he doesn't care about Bayern anymore, but some people still try to not accept the truth, and they are lying themselves.

His days at Bayern are over.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Thu May 03, 2018 8:09 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
You cant use a word "fact" and "seemingly"/"seems"/"assuming" in the same sentence. Did Lewa say that he wants to leave? So getting a new agent (after everyone on this forum said he needs to get a new agent because his old agent was just stupid) is not good and he wants to force a transfer? I mean if he wants to leave our board will let him leave...we have always sold players that forced a transfer and we couldnt talk them out of it. I think that noone will cry if he wants to go and we sell him for some serious money..but we cant just assume and then say it is a fact.

You're right, it's not a fact. I guess I should have said "It's reasonable to assume that Lewandowski wants to leave considering the *fact* that he signed a new agent who has made a career off of getting players out of their clubs in unscrupulous mega transfers" - and we should also consider that it's been widely reported that Zahavi's contract only runs until the end of the transfer window. I think we can safely assume he wants out.

sch0ll7 wrote:Even if we wanted to buy a new top winger...there just are no world class wingers that we can afford. Maybe Mahrez and Martial..they are a good option but we surely wont go for someone like Hazard, Messi, Salah...We all know we need new wingers that will take over from Robben and Ribery...we have Coman and Gnabry coming in...I think they are good..but would still add at least 1 top winger.

See, now I'm getting a bit confused as when I say "we can use the funds from selling Lewandowski to buy a top winger" but now it's "there are no top wingers we can afford" and "we should keep Lewy and add a top winger". These are not compatible with one another. But you're missing the point I'm trying to make: in recent history we have been far more reliant on wing play than having a world class CF. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: "It's more important for Bayern to have world class wingers than it is to have a world class CF"? If history is any indication, I think we can agree this is a true statement.
The trouble is that - as you've admitted as much - we can't afford to have both. IF it's true that having world class wingers is more important (it's true) and IF we can get enough money from selling Lewandowski to finance said world class wingers (likely true), does it not follow that it would be more sensible to funnel funds into ensuring we have world class wingers and a "Mandzukic level" striker?

sch0ll7 wrote:When it comes to Gomez-Lewa comparisation...Gomez is a pure poacher that couldnt hold a ball if his life depended on it...his first touch was worse than Mullers. That is why Guardiola wanted him gone and we brought Lewandowski who can score goals and help with the buildup or at least do a one-two.

Okay, and? Gomez was FAR better in the UCL for Bayern than Lewy has been, and Gomez at his peak put up better numbers than Lewy currently is for us. The combination of Gomez, a couple other strikers, and strong wingers accounted for more goals than Lewy has. Just a bit ago we were saying "I don't care where goals come from". Why is it that Gomez's "style" is now an issue if he was producing goals?

sch0ll7 wrote:Everyone who played football knows that a striker who comes in fresh in the 60th minute against a lesser team will be easier to score goals than while playing from first minute when every player is fresh. And if you compare opposition teams and defences that both of them played against...you will see that Lewa always played against stronger opposition.
Not trying to take anything away from Wagner...and make Lewa better...but please let's not compare two of them as everyone in the world will say Lewa is much better than him...it is not even debatable...that is why we let Wagner go when he was with us...and only bought him back to be a backup for Lewa. That is a fact.

You'd be right, except that this isn't how it's gone. Wagner has started 24 of his 32 games this season, and it's usually in away (read: tougher environments) games. His g/g+a per 90 is still better than Lewandowski's. I'm not saying he's better, but rather that this illustrates that a "lesser" striker can have just as much success (if not more) in the right system. Again, it's not a question of "better" or "worse", it's a question of fit.

sch0ll7 wrote:Lol..the best option is to Have a top striker (which we already have) and getting a better winger (which we need to buy). Why complicate things when there is no need to do that.

Again, just as above, the money isn't there - you've admitted we can't afford to buy any top winger.

sch0ll7 wrote:So lets say we try your experiment by selling Lewandowski and buying a lesser striker in Werner.
Who do we go for with that extra money? Lets see if you can come up with a realistic target that will make our right/left wing better (better than Coman, Ribery,Robben,Gnabry). And it isnt someone that is already a realistic target and we can easily buy them for not so much...Martial, Mahrez, Malcom (they wont cost us 100m).

Well, if you believe what's being commonly posted....we'll have about €100m to spend on a new attacker this year. We've got €40m incoming from Costa. €70m in UCL earnings (though admittedly some will go into salaries and such). Still, we've probably got about €180m or so minimum to spend and that's without selling Lewy. We sell him and let's say we're up to €280m.
Even after buying Werner we're left with €200m+
For that, off the top of my head:
Hazard, Sane, Martial, Bailey, Pulisic, Malcom, Chiesa, etc....could probably go on. And we could go ahead and grab two of them, tbh.
So, theoretically, which set of attacking options is stronger? Lewy, Coman, Gnabry, Robben, Ribery or Werner, Coman, Gnabry, Hazard, Malcom?

Of course things never work out so neatly. But on the whole the second group is more talented and will set us up for years to come (like I said, such a specific thing will never happen so cleanly, but you see the idea)

sch0ll7 wrote:"We can have a worse striker and not a singe result changes"...but we are debating about this just because we want results to change.
Us having a "worse" striker and buying a better winger wont change for better...but us keeping a top striker and getting a better wingers will make a change for the better. It seems logical to me.

Sorry, perhaps I said it wrong.
It's true that we want things to be different, at least late in the season.
My point is as follows:
1. Having a CF who doesn't score as much as Lewandowski will have no impact on whether or not we win the BL or even Pokal.
2. Having a CF who scores as much as Lewy doesn't matter when they go missing in the UCL
3. We've had "worse" strikers than Lewy who have done better for us in the UCL.
4. Thus, we can get a "worse" striker, see the same results (win) in the BL and Pokal, and potentially improve our chances in the UCL.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Thu May 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Compare the scoring chances Benzema or even Ronaldo (sky'd a wide open volley) enjoyed to the ones Lewandowski had

Our attack is flat and predictable. If you want a guy to just stand in a crowded box and attempt headers then yah Lewandowski is probably not our guy.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:59 pm

aterford wrote:See, now I'm getting a bit confused as when I say "we can use the funds from selling Lewandowski to buy a top winger" but now it's "there are no top wingers we can afford" and "we should keep Lewy and add a top winger". These are not compatible with one another. But you're missing the point I'm trying to make: in recent history we have been far more reliant on wing play than having a world class CF. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: "It's more important for Bayern to have world class wingers than it is to have a world class CF"? If history is any indication, I think we can agree this is a true statement.
The trouble is that - as you've admitted as much - we can't afford to have both. IF it's true that having world class wingers is more important (it's true) and IF we can get enough money from selling Lewandowski to finance said world class wingers (likely true), does it not follow that it would be more sensible to funnel funds into ensuring we have world class wingers and a "Mandzukic level" striker?

We all know that since we got Ribery and Robben our tactics was heavily based on our wing play. And as I said before I agree that we need to keep that tradition and try to add at least 1 top winger to our squad.
I didnt say we cant afford to have both. We can easily break the bank and spend some 150 million on lets say Hazard. But our board will never do that. I was just saying that it is definitely not going to happen..because of our board and because of player like Hazard, Mbappe etc...are being chased by Barcelona and Real Madrid for the last few years. And if they decide to leave their clubs it surely wont be for us.
We had Kevin De Bruyne served on a plate from Wolfsburg and even his agent when he was on top of his game and our board didnt want to pay more than 45 mil€ (I think) and offer him similar wages as Man City. So there is no way we are even thinking about going for someone like Hazard.

aterford wrote:Okay, and? Gomez was FAR better in the UCL for Bayern than Lewy has been, and Gomez at his peak put up better numbers than Lewy currently is for us. The combination of Gomez, a couple other strikers, and strong wingers accounted for more goals than Lewy has. Just a bit ago we were saying "I don't care where goals come from". Why is it that Gomez's "style" is now an issue if he was producing goals?

I never said Gomez was a bad striker and that he didnt score goals. I said he was not as complete package as Lewandowski is and that is why we opted for Lewandowski and let Gomez go. He did score goals and I thank him for that.

aterford wrote:You'd be right, except that this isn't how it's gone. Wagner has started 24 of his 32 games this season, and it's usually in away (read: tougher environments) games. His g/g+a per 90 is still better than Lewandowski's. I'm not saying he's better, but rather that this illustrates that a "lesser" striker can have just as much success (if not more) in the right system. Again, it's not a question of "better" or "worse", it's a question of fit.

Not trying to take anything from Wagner..he is a good striker...but he is not in the same bracket as Lewandowski.
I agree that a lesser striker..lets mention Mandzukic can be very positive for our team. There are a lot of good strikers out there and I rate Mandzukic very highly but Lewandowski is there at the top and there are only few strikers as complete as he is. Even now when our fans are saying he sucks...he managed to score 39 goals and the season is still not over. That just shows how good he is.

aterford wrote:Again, just as above, the money isn't there - you've admitted we can't afford to buy any top winger.

aterford wrote:Well, if you believe what's being commonly posted....we'll have about €100m to spend on a new attacker this year. We've got €40m incoming from Costa. €70m in UCL earnings (though admittedly some will go into salaries and such). Still, we've probably got about €180m or so minimum to spend and that's without selling Lewy. We sell him and let's say we're up to €280m.
Even after buying Werner we're left with €200m+
For that, off the top of my head:
Hazard, Sane, Martial, Bailey, Pulisic, Malcom, Chiesa, etc....could probably go on. And we could go ahead and grab two of them, tbh.
So, theoretically, which set of attacking options is stronger? Lewy, Coman, Gnabry, Robben, Ribery or Werner, Coman, Gnabry, Hazard, Malcom?

Of course things never work out so neatly. But on the whole the second group is more talented and will set us up for years to come (like I said, such a specific thing will never happen so cleanly, but you see the idea)

It doesnt matter how much money we have for players like Hazard, Messi, Salah etc...they will never be sold or wont come to us but will choose some other club that is chasing them and offering them huge salaries.
If we look at our past dealings you can see that there are 3 different approaches that we use:
1. Get a good promising player for free ( lewandowski, gnabry, goretzka, rudy etc.) or when they have 1 year left on their contract so we get them for much less money (Hummels, Sule)
2. Buy top class players that are unhappy and on their way out (Robben, James, Thiago, Boateng) so we get them for peanuts.
3. Top players from lesser clubs..(neuer, Martinez, Ribery) that are willing to come to play for us and get a bigger salary.
Other ones that you mentioned...Martial, Bailey, Pulisic, Malcom, Chiesa...are gettable and we can buy them even without selling anyone. We all know we can afford to spend 100million...even 150million and it wont affect us. But our Board will never go for someone like Hazard.

So that brings us back to what I was saying...we dont have to sell Lewandowski and settle for someone like Werner...just to buy Martial and Bailey. We can easily buy Werner, Martial and Bailey...if they want to join us. and not spend more than 100 mil net (if we include 40mil from Costa transfer).
And at the end we would be much better with Lewandowski, Werner, Coman, Martial, Bailey, Gnabry, Muller and possibly Ribery,Robben.
No need to do trades and gamble on it...as we really dont need that...cant lose all 3 first team players in one season (lewa, ribery,robben) and just start fresh with Niko kovac and whole new attack. That would be a nightmare of transition.

aterford wrote:Sorry, perhaps I said it wrong.
It's true that we want things to be different, at least late in the season.
My point is as follows:
1. Having a CF who doesn't score as much as Lewandowski will have no impact on whether or not we win the BL or even Pokal.
2. Having a CF who scores as much as Lewy doesn't matter when they go missing in the UCL
3. We've had "worse" strikers than Lewy who have done better for us in the UCL.
4. Thus, we can get a "worse" striker, see the same results (win) in the BL and Pokal, and potentially improve our chances in the UCL.

1. I agree...it wont have as we would probably win it with playing only 9 men throughout the season.
2. It doesnt matter if that is the case...but I will say this again...whole attacking line was missing chances all over the place...and we only mention Lewandowski..but are forgetting that Ribery and Robben havent even scored in this years CL. While Muller was way bellow his standards.
3. and 4. Yes we did but so did everyone else...and we also didnt have so much problems at the later stages as we did in the last 3 years with all the players getting injured and all the bad tactical decisions in important matches. If we only got 1 goal from all those chances we missed and managed not to fuck up with "own-goals" in this tie against RM and we went on to win the final...we would all be saying how our season was the best ever and wouldnt even mention Lewandowski. and wouldnt even look at how many goals someone scored. We would be saying Ribery was the best player even at 35. We can play with Wagner as our CF next season and we actually manage to win the CL...but that wont mean it is because of him. It would probably be because our players are fit and everyone else is on form and they dont miss 100 clear cut chances and our defense does not gift goals to opposition teams.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby aterford » Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Ok, so, I'm exhausted of doing a million quotes. Hahaha. So I am going to ditch that for now, if that's okay ;)

On the whole, I don't think we are so far apart, really.

First off it hinges on whether or not Lewy really wants to leave.
I think it's clear that he is ready to move on.
With that in mind, we have two choices: force him to stay, or sell him and buy a new player.
I don't necessarily advocate selling him just for selling's sake. But I'm of the mind that *if* he demands a move (and I think he will) we're probably better off selling. These past few weeks I'm not the only one to have thought he's looked mentally checked out. I don't want to deal with that for a whole season. So with that in mind, it's a matter of looking beyond and determining who is the best choice going forward.
Second, we have to work in reality rather than what we want to happen. With Lewy still on the team (Read: no funds from selling him), I think it's safe to say most "mega transfers" are just out of the picture (not to mention his 20m salary). *If* he wants to leave and *if* we sell him it frees up more funds, and I feel comfortable saying we're liable to spend more on the back of selling more. Realistically, even if Martial or whoever can be had for €60m, that's nice, but that'll pretty much be it as far as attack is concerned, IMO. We're not going to buy two or three attackers - unless we get that big influx of cash. Is it the "best" option? I don't know. Maybe not. But depending on the hand we're dealt it might be the most realistic.

And, of course, as I've said elsewhere: the reason so much speculation revolves around Lewy is because he invites it onto himself.
Robben and Ribery are old and presumably being phased out (though I'll believe it when I see it). We don't talk about selling Robben or Ribery because they're at the end of their contracts, we wouldn't get any money for them, and they presumably want to stay. We don't talk about selling Müller because - bad game or not, he's still a key player - and he's still got a long contract and doesn't do anything to invite speculation onto himself.
With Lewy the circumstances are different. He (and his wife, TBH) make all sorts of moves that drum up rumors and speculation. He gets rid of his long-term agent to hire a guy for just a few months who brokered the deals for record-breaking Rio Ferdinand transfer, sketchy Tevez and Mascherano transfers, Abramovich takeover of Chelsea, the shady takeover of Portsmouth, etc - the guy makes Mendes and Raiola look like perfectly delightful and upright, honest businessmen. He's rarely done anything to squash these rumors and on top of all that he's looked listless and disinterested for months now. So it's different. And of course it's the Lewandowski thread :lol:
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Omg. MUTU, lock this thread for couple of days, It's feeling a bit like Pep's thread 2.0 here..

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:07 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Omg. MUTU, lock this thread for couple of days, It's feeling a bit like Pep's thread 2.0 here..

Send via carrier pigeon.

Nit before prasun comes back to defend his boy
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 03, 2018 10:11 pm

#12 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Omg. MUTU, lock this thread for couple of days, It's feeling a bit like Pep's thread 2.0 here..

Send via carrier pigeon.

Nit before prasun comes back to defend his boy
I don't think that he'll be able to make it..

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Thu May 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Bahaha!! It's all in good fun!

(well on my end anyways..can't speak for others... :-# )
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:15 pm

If he wants to force a move we should sell him...I already said it is not a good thing to force him to stay...he is a professional and will play to his max but will have bad influence on everything else.
I was just saying that we should keep him if he doesnt do that and few more attacking players to make the transition easier for Kovac and so we are competitive next season.
Martial has 1 year left on his contract and wont cost us 60mil€..we sold Kroos for cca 25mil€ and he was one of the best players in that WC winning team. We can get a second striker and a winger for less than 100mil€..and that is nothing in todays market. With Ribery and RObben leaving or extending a contract for 1 more year (probably for half the salary they are getting now) we will be able to spend big and offer some major wages.
I wont get into everything else because it is not us that decide what we will do with our players and who will we buy. Board knows the best what is going on with Lewa and other potential targets. I was just saying that it would not be smart to get rid of him because that would hinder our attack..and made a lot of problems for Kovac and transition we all know that needs to happen.
sch0ll7

Postby pyrasur » Fri May 04, 2018 1:19 am

MaCk0y wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's the same thing with Lewandowski. It's almost impossible to name a better striker (at least a pure striker) yet he consistently fails to score important goals in these big CL games. Gomez, Mandzukic, and Olic scored them. I am willing to bet that if we replace Lewandowski our amount of goals scored in the Bundesliga will be much lower next season but if we have another big tie in the CL and play as well as we did in these two games vs Real, our striker will score at least one goal over two legs. And that is all we need.

my.space.button.doesnt.work.on.this.comp.so...

lewa.scored.5.goals.this.season.in.cl...Ribery.0...robben.0...muller.3...james.1...thiago..3..etc...kimmich..scored.same.amount.of.goals.as.muller..and.more.than.all.of.our.attacking.midfielders.together
while.in.2012/2013..robben.3goals..muller.8goals...ribery.1goal..schweini.2..kroos.3...mandzukic.3...gomez.2...pizarro.4.

so..you.see.the.difference...whole.team.scored.goals...while.this.season.everyone.was.off...but.you.dont.blame.muller,ribery,robben,james...you.blame.lewandowski.who.scored.5.goals...not.trying.to.say.it.is.enough...but.every.other.attacking.player.undeperformed.

At first, I thought you were joking. :lol: You can use the spacebar of the onscreen keyboard. :P

Lol that's way more effort than I would put in. I would copy+paste the space between two words :P
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri May 04, 2018 1:38 am

Guys, let's begin adding executive summaries to the begining of posts xD

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby MaCk0y » Fri May 04, 2018 7:10 am

pyrasur wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:[quote="FCBayernMunchen"]It's the same thing with Lewandowski. It's almost impossible to name a better striker (at least a pure striker) yet he consistently fails to score important goals in these big CL games. Gomez, Mandzukic, and Olic scored them. I am willing to bet that if we replace Lewandowski our amount of goals scored in the Bundesliga will be much lower next season but if we have another big tie in the CL and play as well as we did in these two games vs Real, our striker will score at least one goal over two legs. And that is all we need.

my.space.button.doesnt.work.on.this.comp.so...

lewa.scored.5.goals.this.season.in.cl...Ribery.0...robben.0...muller.3...james.1...thiago..3..etc...kimmich..scored.same.amount.of.goals.as.muller..and.more.than.all.of.our.attacking.midfielders.together
while.in.2012/2013..robben.3goals..muller.8goals...ribery.1goal..schweini.2..kroos.3...mandzukic.3...gomez.2...pizarro.4.

so..you.see.the.difference...whole.team.scored.goals...while.this.season.everyone.was.off...but.you.dont.blame.muller,ribery,robben,james...you.blame.lewandowski.who.scored.5.goals...not.trying.to.say.it.is.enough...but.every.other.attacking.player.undeperformed.

At first, I thought you were joking. You can use the spacebar of the onscreen keyboard. :P

Lol that's way more effort than I would put in. I would copy+paste the space between two words :P[/quote]Didn't think of that. Nice one!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Fri May 04, 2018 7:57 am

Kids these days probably look at our atavistic troubleshooting suggestions and are wondering what the hell we are talking about. Keyboards must be considered so last century when they dictate everything to Siri :P
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion